Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
We need Eifert and Burfict back
I think we are gonna be ok, but our offense really needs Eifert and our defense really needs the intensity of Butfict, Burfict is the heart and soul of our defense and Eifert can help to open up things some more on the offense.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
I think both will be OK. The problem today was special teams IMO. They did NOTHING to help the field position battle and constantly kept Dalton and co backed up. GJ Erickson.
Reply/Quote
Burfict will help, to be sure. It seems like there were several plays today when a Steeler ballcarrier would run into the vicinity of several Bengal defenders looking dead to rights, only to squirt out and get 4 or 5 more yards. The tackling was really bad late int the game. Another sure tackling LB should fix some of that.

Eifert will be nice to have in the red zone, too.
Reply/Quote
Burfict will help, yes alot.

I think Eiferts return will be bigger. Too much inconsistency with our TEs todays

I really like Dansby though
Reply/Quote
Just gotta survive one more game without Burfict.

I'm still not entirely convinced we see Eifert before midseason.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 11:32 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I think both will be OK. The problem today was special teams IMO. They did NOTHING to help the field position battle and constantly kept Dalton and co backed up. GJ Erickson.

Brandon Tate was missed too imo. Rookie Erickson added nothing to field position on returns Sad
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 11:48 PM)Gohards Wrote: Burfict will help, yes alot.

I think Eiferts return will be bigger. Too much inconsistency with our TEs todays

I really like Dansby though

I would rather have Burfict back than Eifert. Eifert is a beast and will help our offense a lot, but Burfict means more to the defense. Burfict takes our good defense and makes it elite.
Reply/Quote
We NEED Piano Man ran out of town on a rail.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Yep. Like others have said, Burfict is the heart and soul of our D, and Eifert is money in the bank in the RZ.

Burfict should help a lot as far as stopping the run. And having Eifert back will hopefully result in less FG, and more TD. If we start looking bad with both them in the lineup then I'll worry.

Reply/Quote
Our oline shad sucked 2 games in a row and our d line couldn't stop Larry flint. Lafell is just lost. Boys has looked good. I know it's only 2 games in but these changes gotta happen now. Once the sand is out of eifferts vagina he will help big time but I have a feeling it won't be till week 6
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 04:30 AM)Wyche Wrote: We NEED Piano Man ran out of town on a rail.

Why this wasn't done in 2002 is still a mystery to me.  
Reply/Quote
A balanced officiating game would have been nice, too.

Honestly, though, for the Bengals to win the Super Bowl, they will need Burfict and Eifert back. Is it necessary to get them back very soon? I don't really think so. Kroft and Uzomah are getting valuable experience and we are seeing really, really good play out of Vinny Rey, Dansby, and even Mauluga. I think we will likely see Vigil get some snaps soon as well.

They're important, yes, but the rest of the supporting cast is getting better and that makes them a better team overall.
Reply/Quote
Yep. Both will help. Burfict will bring that intensity we need. Sure it's a gamble to add more intensity to some of the personalities on D, but too many times Bengals players were helping Steeler players up, tapping them on the helmet, and embracing them after their good plays. You'll notice you didn't see any of them helping our players up. They killed us with kindness over the week leading up to the game, and we lost our edge.

That just won't happen with Burfict back. Bengals play better with an edge. Even with the occasional loss because of it.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
While our D definitely made some mistakes - they more than held their own against a potentially high powered STOOLERS O!

Eifert "may" be more needed here b/c IMO, our O is LOST!

I think we need more than BOTH of these cats back.

We lost our MOJO. Something's just not right on O.

BENGAL's O:
Talent = Top 7 in NFL
How they played games 1&2: Very vanilla/ poor /middle of the pack at best.
Reply/Quote
Per Jim Owczarski: "Eifert has been running routes for a few days, Sunday remains up in the air for the Bengals Tight end."

Looks like it won't be long!
[Image: predator_zps2bkpnoe5.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'd almost rather he not play against that Broncos D.

Not an ideal team to go up against coming back from an injury. At least for someone as injury prone as Eifert.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 12:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I'd almost rather he not play against that Broncos D.

Not an ideal team to go up against coming back from an injury. At least for someone as injury prone as Eifert.

I just can't see them playing him Sunday.....I'm hoping he's a go for Miami though....
[Image: predator_zps2bkpnoe5.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Eifert will practice today. Doubt he plays Sunday but its a step closer.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I posted this on reddit as well, I made a spreadsheet showing just how much Burfict impacted our Defense last year. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HWwP_zm7TJgBlplZx52sqZ6xA1Tn_-LCqdzXBdCFtfU/edit?usp=sharing

If you don't want to click, here's the breakdown:

PYPG allowed w/o Burfict: 271.7
PYPG allowed w/ Burfict: 245.1
RYPG allowed w/o Burfict: 109.2
RYPG allowed w/ Burfict: 89.9

Points allowed: 18 w/o, 15.3 with Burfict.

So yeah, he's a significant piece of our Defense and whomever it was that said he was "maybe" the third best defensive player on our team is dead wrong. He is arguably the most valuable or 1A with Geno.
Reply/Quote
I don't know if we see a lot of Eifert on Sunday. I expect him and Kroft to split snaps against Miami, and then we finally get him back at 100% against Dallas.

As for Burfict, we saw what he did for defense last season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote