Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
We need Eifert and Burfict back
(09-21-2016, 12:54 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Eifert will practice today. Doubt he plays Sunday but its a step closer.

Shame b/c we need him THIS Sunday. Oh well. Glad to hear he is returning soon.  
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 03:03 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: Brandon Tate was missed too imo. Rookie Erickson added nothing to field position on returns Sad

Not so much. How many seasons did Tate have in Cincy? He was slow to learn to make good decisions This is Erickson's second game. Give the kid a break. I am sure he has heard from the coaches and seen the film.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 02:16 PM)mikehayman Wrote: I posted this on reddit as well, I made a spreadsheet showing just how much Burfict impacted our Defense last year. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HWwP_zm7TJgBlplZx52sqZ6xA1Tn_-LCqdzXBdCFtfU/edit?usp=sharing

If you don't want to click, here's the breakdown:

PYPG allowed w/o Burfict: 271.7
PYPG allowed w/ Burfict: 245.1
RYPG allowed w/o Burfict: 109.2
RYPG allowed w/ Burfict: 89.9

Points allowed: 18 w/o, 15.3 with Burfict.

So yeah, he's a significant piece of our Defense and whomever it was that said he was "maybe" the third best defensive player on our team is dead wrong. He is arguably the most valuable or 1A with Geno.
Yeah. I'm not taking anything away from Geno. He's obviously great... But when's the last time Vontaze Burfict played in a game and was unnoticeable? It never happens. It doesn't happen to Geno often, but it does happen.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Both will be a huge plus for this team, no doubt about it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 10:23 PM)Derrick Wrote: Not so much. How many seasons did Tate have in Cincy? He was slow to learn to make good decisions This is Erickson's second game. Give the kid a break. I am sure he has heard from the coaches and seen the film.

A rookie surgeon that kills his patient due to lack of experience still leaves the patient d e a d.
I know our Bengals are not the pats, however their third string rookie qb did fine.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2016, 04:21 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: A rookie surgeon that kills his patient due to lack of experience still leaves the patient d e a d.
I know our Bengals are not the pats, however their third string rookie qb did fine.

So, you liken fair catching at punt at the five to murder?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
While having both back will add much needed pieces to the puzzle, other current pieces won't just magically be overshadowed .

Reply/Quote
We definitely need those two. As far as PR/KR I wish Alford wouldn't have gotten hurt. I felt like Erickson did good against the 20th stringers in preseason but a couple good plays in preseason doesn't really show enough. When Alford got hurt, there was no more competition for that spot. I feel like we may have lost out on the better player....
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2016, 12:25 AM)McC Wrote: So, you liken fair catching at punt at the five to murder?

Our field position was killed which narrowed the play selection.
Shorter drives = easier scoring opportunities
Longer drives are harder to sustain consistently,thereby causing punts and 3 point attempts instead of possible touchdowns imo.
Reply/Quote
I am looking forward to that 2nd Steelers game. With another target for Andy and Burfict to stop the run game I think we'll beat the Steelers 30-10. After ref meddling that's still like a 20-17 win!

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2016, 01:07 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I am looking forward to that 2nd Steelers game. With another target for Andy and Burfict to stop the run game I think we'll beat the Steelers 30-10. After ref meddling that's still like a 20-17 win!

Same here, should be a much different story the 2nd time around. That was sad when they took away Uzomah's
TD and gave Boyd a fumble. With Eifert they are going to have to take away atleast two of them, won't happen
and Burfict will add even more to our Defense that made Ben look bad once again last week.

No doubt that getting Eifert and Burfict back will be huge for this team as we go into the easier stretch.
Reply/Quote
100% agree with OP. When he's on the field Burfict is tied with AJ as our best player, I think...
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Not reel confident when Eifert comes back he will be there the rest of the season. He's injury prone. Burfict is a beast. You can shank him, shoot him or whatever. He is still going to make the play!

Reply/Quote
Both players will be tremendously uplifting for their side of the ball.

Believe both have leadership qualities as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote