Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
We need a Strong Draft........
(02-20-2018, 02:00 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I read an article saying they will probably keep Jones for his return skills and as another depth cb. Basically, saying he will be used primarily for returning kicks.

Think he is average at returning kicks but is one of the best at punt returns. 

Know you were referring to both but almost would rather have other guys do the kickoff returns where it is just hitting the lanes. 

Where punts turn into hectic uncontrolled chaos at times where his fearless psycho juking style excels.  

Would love having him just for that and a back up cb, but think a better player from FA would help more for that coin.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 03:01 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Think he is average at returning kicks but is one of the best at punt returns. 

Know you were referring to both but almost would rather have other guys do the kickoff returns where it is just hitting the lanes. 

Where punts turn into hectic uncontrolled chaos at times where his fearless psycho juking style excels.  

Would love having him just for that and a back up cb, but think a better player from FA would help more for that coin.

Agree, on all things you have mentioned, especially his dual role capabilities. The six million, is no good though. Article was on Cincy Wire, I think? It mentioned several Bengal players and was speculating whether or not they should be retained. Adam was one they said we may keep. Shaw and others received the axe.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 09:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Honestly?  I don't think that's going to happen.  Last year, we were all hell-bent for the Bengals taking Pat Elfien.  He was there, they passed.

The Front Office simply does not value the position enough to spend a high pick on a good one.

They were all about Mixon from the start.  If he was there he was always going to be our 2nd round pick.  And towards the end of the season he was beginning to look like he was worth it.  He started taking on a Dillon like look - looking for contact and someone to punish.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 05:22 PM)3wt Wrote: They were all about Mixon from the start.  If he was there he was always going to be our 2nd round pick.  And towards the end of the season he was beginning to look like he was worth it.  He started taking on a Dillon like look - looking for contact and someone to punish.

I wonder if Lazor dismissing Alexander of his "rushing game coordinator" duties, had anything to do with that?  Seems like some players try a little harder, once they get some better leadership and don't feel like they're banging their head against the wall.

*Not to take anything away from Mixon.  I saw enough out of him to be confident with him, going forward.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 06:54 PM)corpjet Wrote: not to mention our last 3-4 drafts have been less than stellar and its starting to show on our lack of quality depth.

I don't buy this premise. I think our drafts have been solid, sometimes picks just don't work out. Injuries plagued Billings and WJ3 their first years. Jordon Evans is well on his way to being a stellar LBer, Malone has shown promise, Lawson and Willis are killing it. Sometimes injuries bite. And, sometimes rookies not playing because there is quality in front of them (which is only looked at as a bad thing here) doesn't mean drafts were "less than stellar". We can't draft ALL the top players, there are 31 other teams drafting as well....
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2018, 02:45 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't buy this premise. I think our drafts have been solid, sometimes picks just don't work out. Injuries plagued Billings and WJ3 their first years. Jordon Evans is well on his way to being a stellar LBer, Malone has shown promise, Lawson and Willis are killing it. Sometimes injuries bite. And, sometimes rookies not playing because there is quality in front of them (which is only looked at as a bad thing here) doesn't mean drafts were "less than stellar". We can't draft ALL the top players, there are 31 other teams drafting as well....

These two drafts did nothing for us....

Cedric Ogbuehi BUST
Jake Fisher BUST
Tyler Kroft A
Paul Dawson BUST
Josh Shaw B-
Marcus Hardison BUST
C.J. Uzomah C
Derron Smith Gone
Mario Alford F

[b]Darqueze Dennard A

Jeremy Hill C
Will Clarke BUST
Russell Bodine F
A.J. McCarron A
Marquis Flowers Bust here
James Wright F
Lavelle Westbrooks 
Who?
[/b]
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Hitler was also a bad person. Just stating the obvious like the OP.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2018, 04:24 PM)corpjet Wrote: These two drafts did nothing for us....

Cedric Ogbuehi BUST
Jake Fisher BUST
Tyler Kroft A
Paul Dawson BUST
Josh Shaw B-
Marcus Hardison BUST
C.J. Uzomah C
Derron Smith Gone
Mario Alford F

[b]Darqueze Dennard A

Jeremy Hill C
Will Clarke BUST
Russell Bodine F
A.J. McCarron A
Marquis Flowers Bust here
James Wright F
Lavelle Westbrooks 
Who?
[/b]

Except for you know...the players you yourself gave A’s and B’s.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2018, 07:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Except for you know...the players you yourself gave A’s and B’s.

Yep lol Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Your also giving Bodine an F, which I don't agree with. While it's a given he's not a great center, he's started and played every game since he signed. That in and of itself rates a D. Jury is out on Fish, if his heart is fixed, who knows how he will do.
Reply/Quote