Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
We need a break out game by Joe Burrow
I understand concerns about the line trust me and back and forth on play calling but in the end Joe is our franchise QB, considered top tier QB with the names of Rodgers, Allen, Mahomes etc. and it has been 6 officially plays games by Joe in a row that he has not had more than 2 tds. Last game to have more than 2 tds was Jan. 2nd when he tossed 4 TDs. This weekend we play the Jets who have averaged giving up 27 points a game and have only 2 sacks. This game is setup for him to get back to performing at the level we were seeing towards end of last season...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It would go a long way for us fans if he were to have a 300+yard 3+TD 0 or less INT game.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
It would be a huge confidence booster if they could score a TD on their 1st drive and not have to settle for a 45 yd. FG again.
Reply/Quote
Zac going to take the week off?
Reply/Quote
I've been avoiding the board because, well its depressing, but I always think positively going into every game

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 12:25 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: It would be a huge confidence booster if they could score a TD on their 1st drive and not have to settle for a 45 yd. FG again.

It's such a huge benefit if a team can score on the 
1st drive. It puts the offense onto calm confident 
Mode and more importantly the defense feeds 
Off that too. It's contagious 
If the offense is 4th and 1 on the opening drive 
I want to see the offense stay on the field 
Tired of Zac wearing a dress on 4th and shorts 
Reply/Quote
Burrow just needs to start playing like we know he can again.
Reply/Quote
At this point I'd take a big game by Burrow in a loss. At least I'll know the QB is ok.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 12:25 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: It would be a huge confidence booster if they could score a TD on their 1st drive and not have to settle for a 45 yd. FG again.

This is what I want to see more than anything else open the game with a touchdown drive.
Reply/Quote
Yes agreed, for all the team's issues, ultimately Burrow is meant to be the superstar QB who takes us to the promised land. We need big games out of him ahead of anybody else.

I'll say that his stats in the playoffs imo don't represent quite how well he generally played. But his stats so far this season are if anything, slightly masking how poorly he's been playing. I think he'll be fine, but definitely need a lot more out of him.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 12:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I understand concerns about the line trust me and back and forth on play calling but in the end Joe is our franchise QB, considered top tier QB with the names of Rodgers, Allen, Mahomes etc. and it has been 6 officially plays games by Joe in a row that he has not had more than 2 tds.  Last game to have more than 2 tds was Jan. 2nd when he tossed 4 TDs.  This weekend we play the Jets who have averaged giving up 27 points a game and have only 2 sacks.  This game is setup for him to get back to performing at the level we were seeing towards end of last season...

All true, Joe himself has been on a bad streak himself. Time for him to step up. It isn't all on the OL that is for sure.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 02:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All true, Joe himself has been on a bad streak himself. Time for him to step up. It isn't all on the OL that is for sure.

agree, blame is on other parts of team and coaches but this team is much better than what it has shown on offense especially at the skilled level, Burrow needs to move the needle and im hopeful he will have a strong game this Sunday.
Reply/Quote
It would help lol

The Burrow i know is better than this
-Housh
Reply/Quote
The Jets is just the right team for Joe to come out and hopefully get back in a groove. On the flipside if he and they offense struggle this game then there really is not much hope for the season. I would like to think he will come out and light it up but after watching the first couple of games I am leery
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 12:15 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It would go a long way for us fans if he were to have a 300+yard 3+TD 0 or less INT game.

I'm betting against "or less". 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Do we really NEED a breakout game from Burrow? I mean, he turned the ball over 5 times, including a pick six in the opener and people keep pointing out how we should have won that one if it weren't for our longsnapper getting hurt.

We'd be more likely to win if he has a breakout game, but we might not need it.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 10:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Do we really NEED a breakout game from Burrow? I mean, he turned the ball over 5 times, including a pick six in the opener and people keep pointing out how we should have won that one if it weren't for our longsnapper getting hurt.

We'd be more likely to win if he has a breakout game, but we might not need it.

Yes the team needs it for morale and confidence, and Joe himself needs it specifically. For a man who is supposed to see the field so well he sure is making a lot of mistakes. He appears antsy and rightfully so. We have lost now to two bad teams, we lose the Jets and guess what you are quickly 0-4 after the Dolphins roll through. The team needs this win in the worst way and Joe needs it because he just does not look right.
Reply/Quote
how to have less than 0 ints, is he gonna pick flacco off himself
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 12:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I understand concerns about the line trust me and back and forth on play calling but in the end Joe is our franchise QB, considered top tier QB with the names of Rodgers, Allen, Mahomes etc. and it has been 6 officially plays games by Joe in a row that he has not had more than 2 tds.  Last game to have more than 2 tds was Jan. 2nd when he tossed 4 TDs.  This weekend we play the Jets who have averaged giving up 27 points a game and have only 2 sacks.  This game is setup for him to get back to performing at the level we were seeing towards end of last season...

Trust me, I will also take a very well-managed, analytical game from Joe. Make the correct decisions and audibles at the line of scrimmage and get them out of obvious run plays being sniffed by the defense.

Take some of the underneath plays being given to them and move the chains.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 06:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: agree, blame is on other parts of team and coaches but this team is much better than what it has shown on offense especially at the skilled level, Burrow needs to move the needle and im hopeful he will have a strong game this Sunday.

We just need to see some start of a foundation start to show up in the trenches, I think once we see this the sky is still
the limit for this team. Just sucks starting out 0-2 and digging this hole early. I knew that there would be a gelling process
with the OL I just thought even then it would be better than what we saw from last year's OL.

Still have time to turn it around though and Burrow won't continue to play poorly for long.
Reply/Quote