Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need a defensive coordinator that will blitz more..
It's Marvin's philosophy to play cover 2 with a 4man rush and zone concepts..That's the old nfl,we need a defensive coordinator that comes after you.we lose to rookie QBs because we never come with blitz heavy game plans never,today we should've blitzed every gap and played man coverage on the receivers,why we played straight up is beyond me..
Reply/Quote
The Cincinnati linebackers are slow. I'm talking Galapagos tortoise slow. The trouble with using slow linebackers to blitz is this: The opposing quarterback sees this and gently lofts the ball over their heads to an uncovered tight end.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 10:14 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Cincinnati linebackers are slow.  I'm talking Galapagos tortoise slow.  The trouble with using slow linebackers to blitz is this: The opposing quarterback sees this and gently lofts the ball over their heads to an uncovered tight end.
I figured if we blitz more than teams would have to keep extra blockers in thus eliminating the threat of running backs and tight ends, Baltimore did this to us constantly..
Reply/Quote