Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need a defensive playmaker in the worst way.
Reggie Nelson always showed up vs the Steelers. He was a thorn in Big Ben side. He lead the AFC in INT one year and still.didnt make the All Pro team. He was also a darn good tackler.
He still.had game when he left Cincy
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 09:34 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Reggie Nelson always showed up vs the Steelers. He was a thorn in Big Ben side. He lead the AFC in INT one year and still.didnt make the All Pro team. He was also a darn good tackler.
He still.had game when he left Cincy

Damn rights. Represent the Great Reggie Nelson!!!

Dude was my favorite Safety since the Vulcher!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 10:58 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Vigil sucked, yet he shined vs the Bengals.

Not exactly. 34.1 defensive grade, 5 tackles, 1 miss and Burrow was 4/4 against him.

He was just standing in the right place to recover a fumble. That's not shining.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 06:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 2019 stats

Bush....109 tkls....1 sack....2 QB hits....4 PD
Vigil.....111 tkls....1 sack....4 QB hits....5 PD

At a certain point this man has to be nominated for board GOAT

I MEAN CMON. He does this too often
Reply/Quote
Hard to get sacks when someone is literally always wide open because your defensive coordinator is allergic to covering RBs and TEs
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 01:04 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Damn rights. Represent the Great Reggie Nelson!!!

Dude was my favorite Safety since the Vulcher!!!

Leave it to.the Bengals to let a player of his calibur just walk.
He had 8 INT 137 return yds his final year as a Bengal.
Him and Iloka were a good tandem. Under rated
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 12:06 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Leave it to.the Bengals to let a player of his calibur just walk.

This is funny coming from the same person who said Bengals should have let Geno and Dunlap walk when they were still good instead of holding on to them too long.  Nelson was 33 when we let him leave in free agancy.
Reply/Quote
You know, I maybe talking out of my ass here. I believe a team takes on their "collective personality" from the HC's, coordinators and postion coaches.

If you have "nice guy" coaches, that's what the players see, hear and feel. If you have coaches that yell, curse and demand (a la Zimmer) you have players that take on that persona on the field.

You play like you practice. Let's face it, ZT, Brian Callahan and "sweet Lou" are not a bunch of badasses...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 12:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is funny coming from the same person who said Bengals should have let Geno and Dunlap walk when they were still good instead of holding on to them too long.  Nelson was 33 when we let him leave in free agancy.

Reggie Nelson was playing at a high level when the Bengals opted not to.resign him.
He didnt disappear for long streches long Dunlap and Atkins did.
At least Nelson rose to.the occasion vs our rivals .
When.was last time Atkins and Dunlap made their presence felt vs the North ?
Nelsons last year stats with the Bengals is like a DE getting 13 sacks and 20 qb pressures in a season 
Im still.waiting for a safety on.the Bengals since Nelson left to do.what Nelson did
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 05:58 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Absolutely. Somehow we've been living in this myth that Geno and Carlos are still game changing defenders, and while that was true of Carlos the latter part of last year, generally speaking it hasn't been true for a few years. He hasn't been good so far this year and Geno hasn't even played.

I like guys like Bates and Hubbard, but they're not the calibre of player you're talking about.

If Penei Sewell is off the board when we pick in round 1, we might just go defensive playmaker. I have some thoughts on that but will save them for much later in the year.

I'm not some defensive guru, but correct me if I'm wrong... Isn't it harder for pass rushers like Carlos, Geno, or Hubbard to actually rush the QB when they're playing from behind all the time, and the other team is running it up our behinds? The last stretch of games that we were actually winning was early 2018. Go back and look at what those guys were doing then.

We need better corners/ CB play. We put a premium on the position during the 2000's and most of the past 10 years. A string of meh to bad drafts took away our ability to focus on defensive guys in the first round... We were spoiled by Tory James, Joseph, Leon, Terrance Newman, and Pacman for a decade. We can't stop the run, and we don't have players who can make life miserable for receivers, or take the damn ball away with any consistency either.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
If you ask me we just need a ton of draft capital and try to rebuild the defense and O-Line.

Hell I don't want to tank but if we were the #1 pick I'd love to take a killer package for someone needing Lawrence
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 12:17 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Reggie Nelson was playing at a high level when the Bengals opted not to.resign him.
Nelsons last year stats with the Bengals is like a DE getting 13 sacks and 20 qb pressures in a season 
Im still.waiting for a safety on.the Bengals since Nelson left to do.what Nelson did
I think the best bet now is Vonn Bell...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 12:17 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Reggie Nelson was playing at a high level when the Bengals opted not to.resign him.

I can't follow your argument.

When exactly do you say the Bengals should have parted ways with Dunlap and Atkins?
Reply/Quote
Hopefully Shawn Williams can bring some fire today; I've yet to see the great run stopping that Bell was known for.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote