Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need a new QB coach
So it's Pitcher. Was he ever a QB?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hire ME! I used to throw a little nerf football to my kids in the backyard and it wasn't even a very big backyard. HOF here I come! Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 01:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I believe Hue Jackson is looking for an opportunity, has been a QB coach before, and his family still lives in Cincinnati. Ninja

Honestly, the guy is a very good offensive mind and he had our team humming in 2015.

He maybe isn't the right guy to lead the ship, but he obviously has some great things he can contribute.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 01:29 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: So it's Pitcher. Was he ever a QB?

3 year small college starter

Playing, scouting and coaching history: 2008-11—Played QB at SUNY Cortland. 2012—Assistant coach (AC), Cortland State. 2012-13—Scouting assistant, Indianapolis Colts. 2014-15—Pro scout, Indianapolis Colts. 2016-present—AC, Bengals.

https://www.bengals.com/team/coaches-roster/dan-pitcher

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Pitcher was never around during any of the Bengals "success".

Not sure what we have in him but he hasn't helped much while here.

Van Pelt at least had experience. His loss leaves our offensive staff with even less experience. Now there really isn't anyone who can teach ZT a winning system which means no help is coming as it relates to play calling and establishing an offense. The Rams offense didn't work, the Dolphins offense didn't work. The Texas A&M run game came along thanks to Turner (who we all slammed), but that is really it.

Burrow's got to do it all with a staff who hasn't had any offensive success.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 01:39 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Honestly, the guy is a very good offensive mind and he had our team humming in 2015.

He maybe isn't the right guy to lead the ship, but he obviously has some great things he can contribute.

Oh I know.
I actually would support bringing Hue back to the offensive staff either as a QB coach, RB coach, or OC.
But obviously there would be a lot of backlash from some fans due to going back to people they had before.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 01:42 PM)jj22 Wrote: Pitcher was never around during any of the Bengals "success".

Van Pelt at least had experience. His loss leaves our offensive staff with even less experience. Now there really isn't anyone who can teach ZT a winning system which means no help is coming as it relates to play calling and establishing an offense. The Rams offense didn't work, the Dolphins offense didn't work. The Texas A&M run game came along thanks to Turner (who we all slammed), but that is really it.

The Rams offense does work if you have a great OL.
Also, Turner basically reverted back to the style of running that Pollack was doing in 2018, but it took him half a season to make that adjustment back to what was working.

We have to really hope that Turner and Taylor didn't have as much say into FA or the draft as we thought last year, and this year they can influence more to bring in good OL.
If they think they can get by with just Jonah Williams and maybe a mid-round draft pick new to the group, it will be another below-average OL methinks.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 01:22 PM)jj22 Wrote: Hate to lose him to the Browns who seem like they are getting the coaching right for once.

I do think it's telling his buddy McCarthy never brought him on board.

If i remember right, Van Pelt was a favorite of rodgers. Given the tension between rodgers and mccarthy, maybe that drove a wedge in between the relationship of mccarthy and van pelt.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 01:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I believe Hue Jackson is looking for an opportunity, has been a QB coach before, and his family still lives in Cincinnati.  Ninja

I know you did the ninja and I don't like retreads but Hue was a good OC for us.

Wouldn't mind him taking over the playcalling duties for Zac after last season honestly.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 03:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I know you did the ninja and I don't like retreads but Hue was a good OC for us.

Wouldn't mind him taking over the playcalling duties for Zac after last season honestly.

But, but, but Hue screwed up in Cleveland and everyone knows it's impossible to screw up in Cleveland unless you're actually in Cleveland.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 03:14 PM)grampahol Wrote: But, but, but Hue screwed up in Cleveland and everyone knows it's impossible to screw up in Cleveland unless you're actually in Cleveland.

Lol, yeah can never forgive the guy for that! Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be against Jon Kitna... Cowboy's decided not to retain him once McCarthy came to town.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 03:22 PM)Takedown Wrote: I wouldn't be against Jon Kitna... Cowboy's decided not to retain him once McCarthy came to town.

Good one, always liked Kitna. Bring in the butch.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 01:42 PM)jj22 Wrote: Pitcher was never around during any of the Bengals "success".

The Outside Zone looks damn good in San Francisco and Minnesota right now. It does work...It wasn't just the Oline Mixon struggled with vision in this scheme.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 01:22 PM)jj22 Wrote: Hate to lose him to the Browns who seem like they are getting the coaching right for once.

I do think it's telling his buddy McCarthy never brought him on board.

They’re not getting the coaching right. They are not.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 03:50 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: They’re not getting the coaching right. They are not.

Their oline will dominate our dline for years to come. That's a start.

If the Bengals signed some of their coaches we'd be thrilled.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2020, 11:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Meh. Dalton regressed pretty badly under Van Pelt. Hard to not think it was mostly Aaron Rodgers in GB...

Have to consider who was calling the plays as well. We have one of football's worst making the calls and player formations.

Frankly, we just need a new head coach. The team regressed overall after the head coaching changed last season.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 10:30 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Indeed.

As Nate mentioned, he did do a decent job with the guys in TB (well, Freeman had *1* good year lol), but he did crap all in Buffalo and Andy looked arguably worse than ever, the past 2 seasons (not so much in 2018, but last year...).

Plus, Rodgers is Rodgers; he doesn't need ANY coaching lol
I'm assuming that Burrow being Burrow, he'll need a minimal amount of coaching.

...if ain't broke, don't fix it...which is why CP disliked Zampese so much...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 01:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The Rams offense does work if you have a great OL.
Also, Turner basically reverted back to the style of running that Pollack was doing in 2018, but it took him half a season to make that adjustment back to what was working.

We have to really hope that Turner and Taylor didn't have as much say into FA or the draft as we thought last year, and this year they can influence more to bring in good OL.
If they think they can get by with just Jonah Williams and maybe a mid-round draft pick new to the group, it will be another below-average OL methinks.

Literally every offense works if you have a great OL.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 01:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The Rams offense does work if you have a great OL.

Thing is almost any offense works well with an excellent line. It makes Mike’s refusal time build or pay for a top notch line pretty irritating. Every good Bengals team has a Top 5 o-line. An overwhelming majority of the bad ones under Mike’s reign had middling to terrible lines.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote