Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need a new QB coach
(01-30-2020, 07:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Literally every offense works if you have a great OL.

(01-30-2020, 08:16 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Thing is almost any offense works well with an excellent line.  It makes Mike’s refusal time build or pay for a top notch line pretty irritating.  Every good Bengals team has a Top 5 o-line.  An overwhelming majority of the bad ones under Mike’s reign had middling to terrible lines.

True, it isn't complicated.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 04:45 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Have to consider who was calling the plays as well. We have one of football's worst making the calls and player formations.

Frankly, we just need a new head coach. The team regressed overall after the head coaching changed last season.

Yep.

I guess more are optimistic because the team didn't give up.  They also didn't really win either.

I won't go with half empty or half full.  The glass had one of those useless paper straws in it = Zac Taylor.

I mean c'mon.  What if Zampese, Lazor, or God forbid if it were Paul Alexander who was HC?

Would we still be singing praises of hope if the team didn't quit but still lost?

I think not.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 01:22 PM)jj22 Wrote: Hate to lose him to the Browns who seem like they are getting the coaching right for once.

I do think it's telling his buddy McCarthy never brought him on board.

They are? Because their choices seem like head scratchers to me. A 32 year old GM, the Vikes OC (who was terrible in the playoffs), and Van Pelt who coached Dalton to the worst season of his career...

The only good hire they’ve made (imo) is Callahan.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 04:45 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Have to consider who was calling the plays as well. We have one of football's worst making the calls and player formations.

Frankly, we just need a new head coach. The team regressed overall after the head coaching changed last season.

Let’s see what he can do with Burrow and a starting LT. If he still sucks then he can go.

Reply/Quote
Comment from someone at the national level on the hire

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 08:16 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote:  Every good Bengals team has a Top 5 o-line.  An overwhelming majority of the bad ones under Mike’s reign had middling to terrible lines.

Those middling kids!

[Image: anigif_enhanced-14614-1419728713-2.gif]

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 07:59 AM)pally Wrote: Comment from someone at the national level on the hire

He knows how to calculate proper Gatorade to player ratios.

Such a beautiful mind.

Mikey is super impressed !!
Reply/Quote
Pitcher is a glorified scout. But that does help given we only have 1 official one.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 02:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: Pitcher is a glorified scout. But that does help given we only have 1 official one.

Speaking of scouts, where the hell is Pistons? Haven't seen him on here in a long time complaining about the lack of scouts?
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 10:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Let’s see what he can do with Burrow and a starting LT. If he still sucks then he can go.

Marv did better with Dalton and Ogbuehi. Taylor even took half season to figure out that Mixon needed to be used. There's something no right about this boy.

Reply/Quote
I have never coached before....I'm available.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 05:19 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Marv did better with Dalton and Ogbuehi. Taylor even took half season to figure out that Mixon needed to be used. There's something no right about this boy.

Tbf Marvin didn’t have an OL as bad as ours his first year as a HC. But yes, Taylor’s play calling sucked. Especially in the RZ.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 05:29 PM)scorp1974 Wrote: I have never coached before....I'm available.

[Image: th?id=OIP.mKloS9CZbO_xozyrl63a0gHaD4&pid...=299&h=158]

" We didn't really know who he was, or where he came from, but he has the greatest opinions on pro football.  He was typing with one hand and eating a Dorito with the other.  Simply amazing is scorp1974 and we're thrilled to have him aboard !!  I'm still gonna call plays though... "

[Image: th?id=OIP.xokwKg6wMAhBGZgXDCdrdgHaEK&pid...=270&h=153]
Reply/Quote
We need a lot of new coaches.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 04:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Speaking of scouts, where the hell is Pistons? Haven't seen him on here in a long time complaining about the lack of scouts?

He'll be back right around free agency to remind everyone that most teams have won 5 playoff games, small scouting department, 29 years, yada yada yada.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 08:19 PM)jason Wrote: He'll be back right around free agency to remind everyone that most teams have won 5 playoff games, small scouting department, 29 years, yada yada yada.

Hilarious 

At least we can laugh at our misfortunes. Have to have humor. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 08:19 PM)jason Wrote: He'll be back right around free agency to remind everyone that most teams have won 5 playoff games, small scouting department, 29 years, yada yada yada.

In all fairness no matter how many times he says it some people still wonder why "no one believes in us."
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 12:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness no matter how many times he says it some people still wonder why "no one believes in us."

Yeah... Well this time "they"'re totally sleeping on us.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 01:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I believe Hue Jackson is looking for an opportunity, has been a QB coach before, and his family still lives in Cincinnati.  Ninja

would be a hell of an OC
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 07:59 AM)pally Wrote: Comment from someone at the national level on the hire

Rumor has it that Mike Brown wanted to hire Joe Underwearstitcher, but Zac talked him out of it.
Reply/Quote