Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
We need thugs on this team!
So many people often forget about how the Steelers were the thugs of the NFL (and still are). They won championships. Political correctness interfearing in sports is a plague. Let's not forget how bad the Steelers have cheap shotted our players over the years and got away with blatant, premeditated attacks right in front of the refs. With that said, we need the Burfict and the Pacmans on the field.

The AFCN has always been a smash mouth division. We don't need canoes out there, we need players who will be bad ass and level the field. We were bullied for so many years, some of you may not be old enough to remember, but it's true. We have suffered not only abuse from others, but also the refs and the NFL as well.

So, you may say, our thug status now leads to more calls against us and more hatred to the team. However, I don't recall our little market team ever getting love from anyone but the fans and well, they are not as solid as they should be.

I'm not a big fan of political correctness, and I don't get wrapped too much into what players do off the field. That's between them and the law. It's not like these guys are coming to your kids birthday parties? I want to see them play football, that's it. I want them to take pride and want to be the best. I want them to refuse to be bullied and push back. I want cheap shots given when received.

As far as setting a good example for our youth? Well, if your kid lets himself be bullied on the field without pride and retribution, then peewee will be the extent of their career before they move onto badminton.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 05:08 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: So many people often forget about how the Steelers were the thugs of the NFL (and still are). They won championships. Political views interfearing in sports is a plague. Let's not forget how bad the Steelers have cheap shotted our players over the years and got away with blatant, premeditated attacks right in front of the refs. With that said, we need the Burfict and the Pacmans on the field.

The AFCN has always been a smash mouth division. We don't need canoes out there, we need players who will be bad ass and level the field. We were bullied for so many years, some of you may not be old enough to remember, but it's true. We have suffered not only abuse from others, but also the refs and the NFL as well.

So, you may say, our thug status now leads to more calls against us and more hatred to the team. However, I don't recall our little market team ever getting love from anyone but the fans and well, they are not as solid as they should be.

I'm not a big fan of political correctness, and I don't get wrapped too much into what players do off the field. That's between them and the law. It's not like these guys are coming to your kids birthday parties? I want to see them play football, that's it. I want them to take pride and want to be the best. I want them to refuse to be bullied and push back. I want cheap shots given when received.

As far as setting a good example for our youth? Well, if your kid lets himself be bullied on the field without pride and retribution, then peewee will be the extent of their career before they move onto badminton.

Agree I know a lot will say we don't wanna be the steelers..

But looking at their success record.. we want to be like the Steelers. Smash and punch and trip and karate kick our way to the top
Reply/Quote
We have Burfict, Pacman, and this years hot new woman-beater. Geez, what else do you want? Maybe we should sign Kaepernick and he can bring all his America-hating ISIS buddies to training camp with him!
Reply/Quote
I think what we need are guys that don't panic and buckle when the lights come on or the postseason pressure is on.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 06:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We have Burfict, Pacman, and this years hot new woman-beater.  Geez, what else do you want?  Maybe we should sign Kaepernick and he can bring all his America-hating ISIS buddies to training camp with him!
Really?  Someone protests social injustice and you equate that to ISIS.  Got it.
:andy:
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 06:14 PM)WhoDeyandtheBlowFish Wrote: Really?  Someone protests social injustice and you equate that to ISIS.  Got it.

It's more about the shape of his nose.

Also, I'm kidding.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 06:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We have Burfict, Pacman, and this years hot new woman-beater.  Geez, what else do you want?  Maybe we should sign Kaepernick and he can bring all his America-hating ISIS buddies to training camp with him!

Kaepernick doesn't stand for anything! Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 05:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Agree I know a lot will say we don't wanna be the steelers..

But looking at their success record.. we want to be like the Steelers.    Smash and punch and trip and karate kick our way to the top

We've been signing/drafting guys with Red Flags since the mid-2000's...and haven't won 1 single playoff game.

Cedric Benson, Jones, Tank Johnson, Chris Henry, Odell Thurman, etc = 0 playoff wins
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 06:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's more about the shape of his nose.

My name is Humpty, pronounced with an Umpty.

I know, old school shit many wont understand.

Reply/Quote
Aggressive, hard-hitting, thumpers who can still maintain discipline and play within the rules between the whistles = YES

Hissy fit throwing man children whom have zero discipline and do stupid $hhick after the whistle = NO
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 06:25 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Aggressive, hard-hitting, thumpers who can still maintain discipline and play within the rules between the whistles = YES

Hissy fit throwing man children whom have zero discipline and do stupid $hhick after the whistle = NO

AKA The loss to the Steelers in the Playoffs 2 years ago. We need guys who play with poise and under control.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 06:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We've been signing/drafting guys with Red Flags since the mid-2000's...and haven't won 1 single playoff game.

Cedric Benson, Jones, Tank Johnson, Chris Henry, Odell Thurman, etc = 0 playoff wins

That's because our head coach is a canoe. I'f Marvin had 1/10th of Joey Porter in him, he could be brilliant. Marvin lacks balls. He reminds me of the recovering alcoholic who had no confidence in the movie "Hoosiers." Joey Porter intervened in our playoff loss to Pittsburgh and cost us the game. Don't think he didn't study and know what his last ditch effort could be in causing a Bengals defense meltdown? They won the game, he paid a very small fine which was probably reimbursed from the team. Good Lord man! Pittsburg is relentless and I tell you they study all aspects of the competition. You think they just watch game film of players all week? They know our weak spots and how to exploit them.

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 06:25 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Aggressive, hard-hitting, thumpers who can still maintain discipline and play within the rules between the whistles = YES

I agree with this. However, a late hit needs to be responded with a late hit (just know what play and what down and where you are on the field).

Eye for an eye will keep the game honest.

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 06:20 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: My name is Humpty, pronounced with an Umpty.

I know, old school shit many wont understand.

I'm Spunky, I like my oatmeal lumpy.

Oh and I also once got busy in a Burger King bathroom :)

I feel ya.
Reply/Quote
We had the Steelers shaking in their boots talking about Burfict, they are afraid of this guy. Burfict better come back in shape. Nobody is afraid of Pacman, on the field.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 06:35 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I'm Spunky, I like my oatmeal lumpy.

Oh and I also once got busy in a Burger King bathroom :)

I feel ya.

Dancing

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 06:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: That's because our head coach is a canoe. I'f Marvin had 1/10th of Joey Porter in him, he could be brilliant. Marvin lacks balls. He reminds me of the recovering alcoholic who had no confidence in the movie "Hoosiers." Joey Porter intervened in our playoff loss to Pittsburgh and cost us the game. Don't think he didn't study and know what his last ditch effort could be in causing a Bengals defense meltdown? They won the game, he paid a very small fine which was probably reimbursed from the team. Good Lord man! Pittsburg is relentless and I tell you they study all aspects of the competition. You think they just watch game film of players all week? They know our weak spots and how to exploit them.

Our weak spot in that case was we had a hothead thug in Pacman Jones that could be baited into getting a personnel foul.

Likely had we not had him on the roster...we win that game.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 06:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Our weak spot in that case was we had a hothead thug in Pacman Jones that could be baited into getting a personnel foul.

Likely had we not had him on the roster...we win that game.

You mean if he wasn't on our roster we likely wouldn't have been in that game?
Reply/Quote
I don't know about needing "thugs", but hardnosed athletes? For sure.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 05:08 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: So many people often forget about how the Steelers were the thugs of the NFL (and still are). They won championships. Political correctness interfearing in sports is a plague. Let's not forget how bad the Steelers have cheap shotted our players over the years and got away with blatant, premeditated attacks right in front of the refs. With that said, we need the Burfict and the Pacmans on the field.

I liked what George of the Jungle said a few years ago.

Something about being smart bullies. We just need to be smart out there when we take our shots.

That sucked losing to those assholes cause of us not being smart.

We were the bullies in that Playoff game, don't forget Harley. Burfict was awesome all game until that shit at the end.

Of course Adam was the bigger idiot and Hill fumbled the ball but hell, lets forget about that, makes me mad. Whatever

What i love is this draft, we have some fast physical mean sumbitches added to this team. Cool

Willis, Lawson, Glasgow, Wilson and even Schreck is a big mean TE.
Reply/Quote