Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
We need thugs on this team!
(05-16-2017, 07:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't know about needing "thugs", but hardnosed athletes? For sure.

So you're against signing​ EL Chapo and a coupla dudes from ISIS?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 06:31 PM)FHarleyDog Wrote: That's because our head coach is a canoe. I'f Marvin had 1/10th of Joey Porter in him, he could be brilliant. Marvin lacks balls. He reminds me of the recovering alcoholic who had no confidence in the movie "Hoosiers." Joey Porter intervened in our playoff loss to Pittsburgh and cost us the game. Don't think he didn't study and know what his last ditch effort could be in causing a Bengals defense meltdown? They won the game, he paid a very small fine which was probably reimbursed from the team. Good Lord man! Pittsburg is relentless and I tell you they study all aspects of the competition. You think they just watch game film of players all week? They know our weak spots and how to exploit them.

They absolutely know how to exploit our weak spots, and IMO Marvin Lewis is the biggest one.

Unlike many on here, I don't forget. Over time, people have softened up or just plain forgot about all the stuff that pissed us off over the years. I especially haven't forgotten about how livid this team makes me when they play Pittsburgh. The 2013 away game in particular made me want to smash some skulls. It was the most one-sided game I have ever seen. And I'm not just talking about Huber's jaw or gettin outplayed, there were SEVERAL cheap shots from Pittsburgh that the refs did NOTHING about. The worst part? Neither did we! We were physically defeated and mentally collapsed like a pack of wet p***ies.

We were getting our assess absolutely destroyed both on the field and the scoreboard. And we just bent over and took it from the steelers, the refs, and even the announcers. I'll never forget they were holding back laughter, I couldn't blame them. It was a pathetic joke. I've never in my life seen a group of grown men get pushed around like a bunch of sissies. By far the most embarrassed I had ever been as a Bengal fan. I wasn't alone. I remember the old boards were as livid as I was during and after the game. But in the weeks that followed, it was as if that game never happened... We made the playoffs, lost to the Chargers and everyone seemed to remember that and only that as the major scar on that season.

Anyway, I am more than happy to have a guy or two not completely afraid to hit back when necessary. Burfict gets a lot of crap for the dirty stuff he's done over the years (and rightfully so), but I'm damn happy he's on our side. One of the last people I'd want us to face. Burfict has that "it" factor that puts the fear of God in those that have to face him. He doesn't take crap from anybody. It may be risky because of penalties and negative publicity, but I like it. You hit us, Burfict will hit you twice as hard right back... Pacman on the other hand can get lost as far as I'm concerned, he's a whiner on the field and a complete moron off the field. Plus he's lost a step or two. No use for him.

But sadly, the rest of the team doesn't have that "it" factor and is obviously coached to be soft and not stand up for themselves. The steelers have long been FULL of tough, helmet cracking "thugs". But they've won. A lot. We've lost. A lot... It's football, it's a tough game. You can't play soft and expect to win. Especially if the opposition constantly tees off on you. The refs don't want to do anything about it? Sack up and take matters into your own hands! 

And I blame Marvin Lewis 100% for the soft s*** we put up with against Pittsburgh. My crazy-yet-kinda serious-theory? For one, Marvin is a complete wuss. That's a given. But I think his Pittsburgh roots are far too deep for the Bengals. The man is a born and raised Pittsburgh native. He was around for the teams of the 70's and no doubt grew up a diehard fan of that team. Do I think he intentionally throws the team out there to play like s***? No, I think it's more of a subconscious thing. Think about it: If one of us became head coach of the steelers (just for the sake of argument!), would your heart be 100% into winning against the Bengals? No. Maybe not on the surface, but deep down, you won't be going 100% all out to win. Don't kid yourselves. Marvin is human, he's damn well capable of being biased. 

With that! I'm done with my 5th Blue Moon and got a game of poker to win

/endrant
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 08:47 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: They absolutely know how to exploit our weak spots, and IMO Marvin Lewis is the biggest one.

Unlike many on here, I don't forget. Over time, people have softened up or just plain forgot about all the stuff that pissed us off over the years. I especially haven't forgotten about how livid this team makes me when they play Pittsburgh. The 2013 away game in particular made me want to smash some skulls. It was the most one-sided game I have ever seen. And I'm not just talking about Huber's jaw or gettin outplayed, there were SEVERAL cheap shots from Pittsburgh that the refs did NOTHING about. The worst part? Neither did we! We were physically defeated and mentally collapsed like a pack of wet p***ies.

We were getting our assess absolutely destroyed both on the field and the scoreboard. And we just bent over and took it from the steelers, the refs, and even the announcers. I'll never forget they were holding back laughter, I couldn't blame them. It was a pathetic joke. I've never in my life seen a group of grown men get pushed around like a bunch of sissies. By far the most embarrassed I had ever been as a Bengal fan. I wasn't alone. I remember the old boards were as livid as I was during and after the game. But in the weeks that followed, it was as if that game never happened... We made the playoffs, lost to the Chargers and everyone seemed to remember that and only that as the major scar on that season.

Anyway, I am more than happy to have a guy or two not completely afraid to hit back when necessary. Burfict gets a lot of crap for the dirty stuff he's done over the years (and rightfully so), but I'm damn happy he's on our side. One of the last people I'd want us to face. Burfict has that "it" factor that puts the fear of God in those that have to face him. He doesn't take crap from anybody. It may be risky because of penalties and negative publicity, but I like it. You hit us, Burfict will hit you twice as hard right back... Pacman on the other hand can get lost as far as I'm concerned, he's a whiner on the field and a complete moron off the field. Plus he's lost a step or two. No use for him.

But sadly, the rest of the team doesn't have that "it" factor and is obviously coached to be soft and not stand up for themselves. The steelers have long been FULL of tough, helmet cracking "thugs". But they've won. A lot. We've lost. A lot... It's football, it's a tough game. You can't play soft and expect to win. Especially if the opposition constantly tees off on you. The refs don't want to do anything about it? Sack up and take matters into your own hands! 

And I blame Marvin Lewis 100% for the soft s*** we put up with against Pittsburgh. My crazy-yet-kinda serious-theory? For one, Marvin is a complete wuss. That's a given. But I think his Pittsburgh roots are far too deep for the Bengals. The man is a born and raised Pittsburgh native. He was around for the teams of the 70's and no doubt grew up a diehard fan of that team. Do I think he intentionally throws the team out there to play like s***? No, I think it's more of a subconscious thing. Think about it: If one of us became head coach of the steelers (just for the sake of argument!), would your heart be 100% into winning against the Bengals? No. Maybe not on the surface, but deep down, you won't be going 100% all out to win. Don't kid yourselves. Marvin is human, he's damn well capable of being biased. 

/endrant

Nice post Pat, but it hurts as well.

Feel the same, Marv definately needs to go. A Steeler fan shouldn't be the Bengals Head Coach.

I do like us getting some mean sumbitches this year though in Willis, Lawson and Glasgow.

These guys won't be fun for the Steelers to play against. Very physical and play mean.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 08:44 PM)jason Wrote: So you're against signing EL Chapo and a coupla dudes from ISIS?

Hmm, with El Chapo, the intimidation factor would be huge..  Negative on the dudes from ISIS, they'd just go try to hide in a cave when confrontation comes to town.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 08:47 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: They absolutely know how to exploit our weak spots, and IMO Marvin Lewis is the biggest one.

/endrant

Priceless post. Never seen from that angle. I know this clip I am getting ready to post has been posted a few times on this board, but I think it fits to repost. The only thing missing at the end is his conscience and heart saying "except against Pittsburgh. I also have to add, he doesn't show this same passion on the field. He's the biggest canoe in the NFL and I believe this was all for the camera's. Let me add the fact that if we don't have players that play above his demands, we are the effin Browns with the coaching staff we have. Think about it! Regardless of our coach, we have people who want to win.

Remember when our players would be pissed because he didn't have the balls to throw a challenge flag? Our players think he's a p**sy and try to take matters into their own hands at times. If only Marvin believed in his HBO rant and coached with the same passion.

Caution: Explicit Language!

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 09:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, with El Chapo, the intimidation factor would be huge..  Negative on the dudes from ISIS, they'd just go try to hide in a cave when confrontation comes to town.

Plus those dudes from Isis would be love struck if we ever played the Rams 
Reply/Quote
The Steelers get away with cheating and haven't won a super bowl in a coon's age.  Pass on trying to emulate them.  I'd shoot for a Pats ripoff any day over that.
Reply/Quote
Can't play physical Pitt style football anymore with the way the rules are now. Hell Pitt cries foul more than any other team cause they know they can now.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 06:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's more about the shape of his nose.

He looks more and more like Squidward every day. 

[Image: BdBeW7DIIAAsHF9.jpg]

[Image: b1d8f5db8c1254fff17245bbd6159e08.jpg]

Also, I'm kidding.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 02:02 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: The Steelers get away with cheating and haven't won a super bowl in a coon's age.  Pass on trying to emulate them.  I'd shoot for a Pats ripoff any day over that.

Pats cant be ripped off. Most of their success comes from great coaching.

Reply/Quote
Where's Tonya Harding when you need her?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 05:08 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: So many people often forget about how the Steelers were the thugs of the NFL (and still are). They won championships. Political correctness interfearing in sports is a plague. Let's not forget how bad the Steelers have cheap shotted our players over the years and got away with blatant, premeditated attacks right in front of the refs. With that said, we need the Burfict and the Pacmans on the field.

The AFCN has always been a smash mouth division. We don't need canoes out there, we need players who will be bad ass and level the field. We were bullied for so many years, some of you may not be old enough to remember, but it's true. We have suffered not only abuse from others, but also the refs and the NFL as well.

So, you may say, our thug status now leads to more calls against us and more hatred to the team. However, I don't recall our little market team ever getting love from anyone but the fans and well, they are not as solid as they should be.

I'm not a big fan of political correctness, and I don't get wrapped too much into what players do off the field. That's between them and the law. It's not like these guys are coming to your kids birthday parties? I want to see them play football, that's it. I want them to take pride and want to be the best. I want them to refuse to be bullied and push back. I want cheap shots given when received.

As far as setting a good example for our youth? Well, if your kid lets himself be bullied on the field without pride and retribution, then peewee will be the extent of their career before they move onto badminton.

The Steelers are  a team of thugs who get love from the media, so they get away with it.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 02:02 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: The Steelers get away with cheating and haven't won a super bowl in a coon's age.  Pass on trying to emulate them.  I'd shoot for a Pats ripoff any day over that.

They won Super Bowls in 2006 and 2009.

As a franchise...they have more Super Bowl wins than we have playoff wins.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 10:52 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: The Steelers are  a team of thugs who get love from the media, so they get away with it.

I don't know. When is the last time you've seen the Steelers go out and sign a troubled former 1st Round pick that had issues with the law.

Guys get arrested while there, but that happens with every team.

The Bengals make a habit of drafting and signing guys with issues. The Bengals KNOWINGLY do it. (Tank Johnson, Benson, Jones, Henry, Thurman, etc.)

It's going to take a while to shake that reputation.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 11:17 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't know. When is the last time you've seen the Steelers go out and sign a troubled former 1st Round pick that had issues with the law.

Guys get arrested while there, but that happens with every team.

The Bengals make a habit of drafting and signing guys with issues. The Bengals KNOWINGLY do it. (Tank Johnson, Benson, Jones, Henry, Thurman, etc.)

It's going to take a while to shake that reputation.

The Steelers from the coach on down intentionally go after guys to injure them, especially on the Bengals because they always get away with it. That makes them thugs in my book.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 06:14 PM)WhoDeyandtheBlowFish Wrote: Really?  Someone protests social injustice and you equate that to ISIS.  Got it.

[Image: nb7kg.jpg]
[Image: 85257458.jpg]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
"Thugs"

I hate this word.

Cheapshotting players on a football field doesn't make you a thug.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 10:52 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: The Steelers are  a team of thugs who get love from the media, so they get away with it.

The reason they get away with it is because they're the winningest team of the super bowl era. They're media darlings. They lead the league in bandwagon fans. They're huge moneymakers... All mainly because of the teams of the 70's. Maybe if we won a super bowl or two we'd be media darlings as well. Be labeled as a team that plays "tough, hard-nosed football" and not "dirty hitting Bengal thugs". It's not right but it is what it is. Our perception nationwide won't change unless we start winning when it counts. Winning truly does cure all. 

Prior to the 70's, the steelers were a joke. Far worse than our first few decades of existence. But you'll never hear the media or fans talk about that (hell, 90% of steeler fans probably don't even know their team's history and will ignorantly spout how they've "always been good"). If they can put together a dynasty, so can anyone. I believe we have a lot of pieces in place... Just need the right people on the staff to get them there.  
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 12:11 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: "Thugs"

I hate this word.

Cheapshotting players on a football field doesn't make you a thug.

True, I used to feel the same way about how the word was used. It didn't exactly make sense... At all. 

However, the term has essentially taken on a new social meaning. "Thugs" now has two definitions. When it comes to football, "thugs" now describes dirty players. 
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 11:30 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: The Steelers from the coach on down intentionally go after guys to injure them, especially on the Bengals because they always get away with it. That makes them thugs in my book.

They have had tons of players that are troubled too and the media ignores it for the most part.

While we get labeled as the Bungles that only draft troubled players, we are the worst according to the media but
in reality the Steelers and even the Patriots have been just as bad. Joey Porter is a scumbag, always has been, dude
assaulted Levi Jones in Vegas one time with a few other dudes to back him up.

Aaron Hernandez killed people, Ray Lewis on the Ravens yet has been spoken of as the greatest LB'er every.

If Ray Lewis was on the Bengals he would of not gotten this praise.

Adam Jones is my main problem right now, we need to cut this guy.
Reply/Quote