Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
We need to draft 2 WRs in Rounds 1 & 2
I'm not REALLY saying that this is what we should do, but I find the idea intriguing. I also find the proposition of drafting consecutive WRs in the first two rounds of the draft to be highly risky, if not flat out irresponsible. But hear me out on this.

What if the 2 WRs that we would draft this year were Jamarr Chase and Terrace Marshal?  Reuniting BOTH of them with Burrow? How insane would that be?

But there's still a missing piece, isn't there?

So, there's a second part to this. Another move we might make and announce on the night of draft. We trade Tyler Boyd, Giovanni Bernard, and next year's second round pick to the Vikings.

You know for who. LOL We'd have kept the deal secret until the second night of the draft. And the Bengals would have Justin Jefferson appear on that stage, along with Jamaal Chase, to make the announcement himself and just before announcing that "with the 38th pick in the 2021 NFL draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select Terrace Marshall."

And then Burrow joins all three of them on stage. That would be the hypest moment in NFL draft history.

MODS: Feel free to move this to Draft Central.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Were you having crazy NyQuil dreams or something?
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2021, 09:33 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Were you having crazy NyQuil dreams or something?

Something better than NyQuil. LOL
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
And then we trade Mixon and Perine to KC for Edwards Helaire!
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2021, 09:37 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: And then we trade Mixon and Perine to KC for Edwards Helaire!

Why not? Call it The Louisiana Purchase 2.0 
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2021, 09:37 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: And then we trade Mixon and Perine to KC for Edwards Helaire!

Let’s keep it going...Zac Taylor and Brian Callahan for Joe Brady.

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2021, 09:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Let’s keep it going...Zac Taylor and Brian Callahan for Joe Brady.

LMAO!! Coach O gets Hobson's job, and replaces Lapham for analysis on the Bengals' radio and television broadcasts. 
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2021, 09:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Let’s keep it going...Zac Taylor and Brian Callahan for Joe Brady.

Hell even Coach O's drunk ass...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2021, 09:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Let’s keep it going...Zac Taylor and Brian Callahan for Joe Brady.

I tell ya, with, "their guy," now in Darnold and surely a weapon or two in the draft, if Brady can't make things happen this year, I think he will lose a ton of lustre.

(not saying it'll happen, just IF it happens).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2021, 09:35 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Something better than NyQuil. LOL

ZzzQuil?  Tylenol PM?
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2021, 03:10 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: ZzzQuil?  Tylenol PM?

CCC with Codine is my bet
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2021, 09:30 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: I'm not REALLY saying that this is what we should do, but I find the idea intriguing. I also find the proposition of drafting consecutive WRs in the first two rounds of the draft to be highly risky, if not flat out irresponsible. But hear me out on this.

What if the 2 WRs that we would draft this year were Jamarr Chase and Terrace Marshal?  Reuniting BOTH of them with Burrow? How insane would that be?

But there's still a missing piece, isn't there?

So, there's a second part to this. Another move we might make and announce on the night of draft. We trade Tyler Boyd, Giovanni Bernard, and next year's second round pick to the Vikings.

You know for who. LOL We'd have kept the deal secret until the second night of the draft. And the Bengals would have Justin Jefferson appear on that stage, along with Jamaal Chase, to make the announcement himself and just before announcing that "with the 38th pick in the 2021 NFL draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select Terrace Marshall."

And then Burrow joins all three of them on stage. That would be the hypest moment in NFL draft history.

MODS: Feel free to move this to Draft Central.

You may as well also trade away Higgins to get a good OL.
That way that offense can really cook.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Maybe if they didn't sign a 3rd CB and 4th Safety and put the money towards the Oline. But the FA period was a failure and thus we have to select certain positions.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Trade Drew Sample to WFT for Thaddeus Moss and a walker
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Actually, we need two O-Linemen the first two days of the draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2021, 04:53 PM)Mobster Wrote: Actually, we need two O-Linemen the first two days of the draft.

I'd definitely take that. Sewell and Meinerz would be pretty great. You can still get Marshall in 2...maybe.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2021, 11:02 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: I'd definitely take that. Sewell and Meinerz would be pretty great. You can still get Marshall in 2...maybe.

I think this would be the best long term solution for the team.

Sewell in one, replaces Reiff in the future and helps the line year one.

Marshall is going to be a great WR, and if he is there at 38 you just have to pull the trigger.

Round 3, lots of options should be around and Meinerz is certainly one that would be on the short list of helping the team, especially if Hopkins isn't able to start the year.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2021, 04:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: Maybe if they didn't sign a 3rd CB and 4th Safety and put the money towards the Oline. But the FA period was a failure and thus we have to select certain positions.

3CB is a defacto starter and we signed one of the best in Hilton for 5.3M this year.  Allen comes in just under 1.5M.  Both of those positions needed filled.  If you sign a lesser CB and save a million dollars, that doesn't change the fact that they have money to spend.  

Bottom line is OL was a huge need and they still have work to do.  Don't let that need change your view of other needs being filled with reasonable resources.  If they spent 4M for a 3rd Safety I'd agree with you. Instead, this year's OL prospects (OT specifically) could make for great value. I don't like drafting need, but things could line up for them to get the 2nd BPA overall at 5 (Sewell) and with the depth of the class end up with another OL a round grade higher (late 2nd rated OL at the top of the 4th). 
Reply/Quote
I would love to hav Chase or even Pitts, but as much as I think they are amazing, my main question is how big of a "need" is WR? It seems like taking a WR high is more of a luxury than a need. We have Higgins who looks like the next AJ. He was a beast as a rookie. We have one of the top slot WR's in the NFL in Boyd, who is still pretty young and seems to love playing here and emerged as a leader. Then Auden Tate who has done nothing but produce every time they put him out there and is a mismatch for DBs. Then we have Mike Thomas who isnt special but he did make some good plays last season and is a solid role player. We still have a couple other young guys like Morgan. So how bad to we need a WR?

Other points to ponder
With Pollack coming in and taking over as run game coordinator, it seems obvious we are going to run the ball more this year.

Burrow was hit and sacked more than anyone until he finally got hurt. He was still putting up 30+ per game fora while. What will he do with a reall good OL? Any WR, TE or RB is a target on any play. He wont favor anyone.

Long term thinking. So now we have Chase, Higgins and Boyd. Who do we keep 3-4 years from now? Do we really want to put that much money in 3 pro bowl caliber WR's? One will have to go, at least. We have other areas to address not too mention eventually resigning Joe. So investing in positions could be an issue if we draft Chase and go WR heavy early in the draft.

Just some things I've thought about that ended up leading me to want to go OL heavy in the earlier rounds. The best teams build from the lines up and we already have 2 really good WRs ad maybe a 3rd if Tate emerges more this season. We need a couple WR's, but I dont think they have to be high picks to produce with Joe and a good run game. We could even grab a solid vet after the June 1st cuts.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 03:19 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I would love to hav Chase or even Pitts, but as much as I think they are amazing, my main question is how big of a "need" is WR? It seems like taking a WR high is more of a luxury than a need. We have Higgins who looks like the next AJ. He was a beast as a rookie. We have one of the top slot WR's in the NFL in Boyd, who is still pretty young and seems to love playing here and emerged as a leader. Then Auden Tate who has done nothing but produce every time they put him out there and is a mismatch for DBs. Then we have Mike Thomas who isnt special but he did make some good plays last season and is a solid role player. We still have a couple other young guys like Morgan. So how bad to we need a WR?

Other points to ponder
With Pollack coming in and taking over as run game coordinator, it seems obvious we are going to run the ball more this year.

Burrow was hit and sacked more than anyone until he finally got hurt. He was still putting up 30+ per game fora while. What will he do with a reall good OL? Any WR, TE or RB is a target on any play. He wont favor anyone.

Long term thinking. So now we have Chase, Higgins and Boyd. Who do we keep 3-4 years from now? Do we really want to put that much money in 3 pro bowl caliber WR's? One will have to go, at least. We have other areas to address not too mention eventually resigning Joe. So investing in positions could be an issue if we draft Chase and go WR heavy early in the draft.

Just some things I've thought about that ended up leading me to want to go OL heavy in the earlier rounds. The best teams build from the lines up and we already have 2 really good WRs ad maybe a 3rd if Tate emerges more this season. We need a couple WR's, but I dont think they have to be high picks to produce with Joe and a good run game. We could even grab a solid vet after the June 1st cuts.

The Bengals need a Z receiver any way you look at it. They need a vertical threat that opens up the underneath routes. Also a guy that is dangerous in motion, screens, and WR runs. Right now the Bengals don't have that guy. Defenses have been sliding cover to the x go and post and jumping everything underneath.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote