Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
We need to draft 2 WRs in Rounds 1 & 2
(04-09-2021, 03:33 PM)Synric Wrote: The Bengals need a Z receiver any way you look at it. They need a vertical threat that opens up the underneath routes. Also a guy that is dangerous in motion, screens, and WR runs. Right now the Bengals don't have that guy. Defenses have been sliding cover to the x go and post and jumping everything underneath.

I agree, and think there are a couple guys we could get after round 2 in the draft who could fill that role. Chase is obviously the best WR in the draft, but we dont need the best when you put him in this offense. Brown from NC, Josh Palmer, the kid from Illinois, etc could fill a role and end up being solid. That being said, I wont really complain if we draft Chase because he looks like an all pro in the making and can play any spot. Just think we could get bargains later and address the OL. I want to see us start winning the battles in the trenches more than anything though. We all have different opinions. With a healthy XSF, Spain, Reiff and Pollack we may end way better on the OL as it is. 
Reply/Quote
Well.... will you look at that.... WFT just released Thaddeus Moss! GO GO GO! Complete your master plan!
Reply/Quote
Great article on some of the wide receivers that dealt with bad QB play.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-draft-five-wide-receiver-prospects-unfavorable-college-situations

I'm a huge Ihmir Smith-Marsette fan for the Bengals and this is right on the money if you watch him.

Quote:PFF Big Board Rank: 124

PFF lead draft analyst Mike Renner wrote in the PFF Draft Guide, “Smith-Marsette’s raw numbers aren’t going to tell the entire story of his game. The number of underthrown deep balls on his tape rivals anyone else’s in the country. He was able to run past pretty much any defensive back in the Big Ten if he got shoulder to shoulder with them.”

Folks, Renner isn’t lying.

[Image: Ihmir-Smith-Marsette.gif]

This is a touchdown if the ball is put out in front of Smith-Marsette. Instead, Iowa’s quarterback gifts No. 2 an incompletion off the helmet on a bad underthrow. Smith-Marsette’s speed jumps off the tape. His 4.43-second 40-yard dash at his Pro Day was merely good in the spectrum of some of the other times from this draft cycle. But his 1.44-second 10-yard split — where you see him eating up the cushion on the play above — is better than “good.”

Like many of the receivers on this list, Smith-Marsette can produce if he lands in an offense with a quarterback who regularly hits him in stride on these vertical routes. That’s not a bad trick to have, even if Smith-Marsette projects as a “one-trick” guy at this stage of his career.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 03:33 PM)Synric Wrote: The Bengals need a Z receiver any way you look at it. They need a vertical threat that opens up the underneath routes. Also a guy that is dangerous in motion, screens, and WR runs. Right now the Bengals don't have that guy. Defenses have been sliding cover to the x go and post and jumping everything underneath.

Which is why the prospect of drafting a mid to late round prospect and hoping he turns into that is scary.  We need that guy now.  #TeamChase
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2021, 03:56 PM)Synric Wrote: Great article on some of the wide receivers that dealt with bad QB play.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-draft-five-wide-receiver-prospects-unfavorable-college-situations

I'm a huge Ihmir Smith-Marsette fan for the Bengals and this is right on the money if you watch him.

We know the Bengals met with him too.
I like him as a Day 3 option, even if they decide to get Chase. ISM could be a good developmental player.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Funny thread Shady. I guess if we got Chase we would have him and Moss on the same team with Burrow again lol

I know you were joking as we all know the OL is what needs fixed most.
Reply/Quote