Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need to find a way to draft Zach Baun and not Patrick Queen
(04-08-2020, 01:11 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Not that I'm a PFF guy, but Gay has a coverage score of 90 for his career.  That is exactly what this team needs in a linebacker.  I wouldn't take him at 33, but if he's there in round 3, I'm taking him.

I've looked into him a little more and it just reaffirmed my stance, dude was not only suspended for cheating in class but also punching his damn QB, broke the guys orbital bone. The more I look into the guy the more im leaning into 4-5 range, maybe even hold off until 5.

Dude was suspended for cheating and breaking his QBs face, has been ejected from games for fighting and seems to be a hot head. I like guys with some attitude but damn, a guy breaking a bone in his QBs face with multiple other infractions scares me. Throw in the fact that he has limited snaps and its a big risk, yea we need a cover LB but this dude is basically a physical freak covered in red flags.

Round 4 is basically the earliest I take this dude, we can get some good talent in rounds 1-3 that have far fewer red flags.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 02:30 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I've looked into him a little more and it just reaffirmed my stance, dude was not only suspended for cheating in class but also punching his damn QB, broke the guys orbital bone. The more I look into the guy the more im leaning into 4-5 range, maybe even hold off until 5.

Dude was suspended for cheating and breaking his QBs face, has been ejected from games for fighting and seems to be a hot head. I like guys with some attitude but damn, a guy breaking a bone in his QBs face with multiple other infractions scares me. Throw in the fact that he has limited snaps and its a big risk, yea we need a cover LB but this dude is basically a physical freak covered in red flags.

Round 4 is basically the earliest I take this dude, we can get some good talent in rounds 1-3 that have far fewer red flags.

He's off my board entirely.  It's hard to anyone wanting to punch Andy it the face, but there is no way Gay and Burrow can coexist.
Reply/Quote
Gay is off my board now after hearing that...
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 03:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Gay is off my board now after hearing that...

Honestly its pretty wild how many times ive read scouting reports and other things about him and they always just say "suspensions", like yea thats more than a regular suspension when you break your QBs face. Honestly shocked he wasn't kicked off the team.

I still say if hes around in 5-7 you can take a risk on him at that point if you feel like hes grown as a person from interviews. Got no idea how any team could justify taking him in rounds 2-3 to be honest with you.

The more I look into the guy though the more there is to dislike, suspensions, assaulting teammates, ejected for fighting in a damn bowl game, and barely enough consistent playing time to get a real feel for his skill level. Again, maybe you take the risk late rounds if you feel he has changed from interviewing him but honestly it probably isn't worth the headache.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 06:12 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Honestly its pretty wild how many times ive read scouting reports and other things about him and they always just say "suspensions", like yea thats more than a regular suspension when you break your QBs face. Honestly shocked he wasn't kicked off the team.

I still say if hes around in 5-7 you can take a risk on him at that point if you feel like hes grown as a person from interviews. Got no idea how any team could justify taking him in rounds 2-3 to be honest with you.

The more I look into the guy though the more there is to dislike, suspensions, assaulting teammates, ejected for fighting in a damn bowl game, and barely enough consistent playing time to get a real feel for his skill level. Again, maybe you take the risk late rounds if you feel he has changed from interviewing him but honestly it probably isn't worth the headache.

I agree Bob, I felt the same way about taking a flyer on him in the mid rounds earlier but this is different than just 
suspensions. We need to have team first guys here, this guy sounds like a cancer that will be cut by any team that 
takes a flyer on him eventually.
Reply/Quote