Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need to find a way to get Burkhead 5-7 touches a game.
I love the way this guy runs, he is a lot more illusive than he is given credit for, and he runs hard. I would like to see him start getting 5 to 10 touches per game, whether it be some draws, swing passes, or even between the tackles in short yardage situations. Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 12:32 PM)740Bengal Wrote: I love the way this guy runs, he is a lot more illusive than he is given credit for, and he runs hard.  I would like to see him start getting 5 to 10 touches per game, whether it be some draws, swing passes, or even between the tackles in short yardage situations.  Thoughts?

Indeed!  Reminds of Brian Lenoard.  
Reply/Quote
He's really elusive too..... Wink
Rex is really a jack of all trades, master of none. He'll never be a starting running back, but he's a serviceable backup, and the same can be said of him at slot receiver, punt/kick returner, etc. He just gets it done...
Reply/Quote
Rex is never going to be the featured back and the only way that's going to happen is if both Geo and Hill go down with injuries and if that happens I think we'll find him pretty darn average at best. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think Rex has been good enough when called upon to deserve a few more looks.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 01:12 PM)grampahol Wrote: Rex is never going to be the featured back and the only way that's going to happen is if both Geo and Hill go down with injuries and if that happens I think we'll find him pretty darn average at best. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

Agreed.  There is a reason that he has always been buried on the depth chart.
Reply/Quote
I agree Rex is a great scat back, I would give those 5-7 touched you mentioned to Gio....

Rex in the slot with some trick plays would be nice..

With all that being said, Rex is the type of player the Patriots would love to have in the Welker/Edelman/Amendola role
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Didn't get to see him run yesterday cause my stream froze but he must of closed the game well.

Always liked Rex, he is very good insurance and i would like to see him more in different roles as a trick player for us.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 03:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Didn't get to see him run yesterday cause my stream froze but he must of closed the game well.

Always liked Rex, he is very good insurance and i would like to see him more in different roles as a trick player for us.

4 carries, 23 yards

Good, but considering how Hill and Gio did against the same bad team, not good enough to actually steal 1st team snaps from either.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2016, 03:33 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 4 carries, 23 yards

Good, but considering how Hill and Gio did against the same bad team, not good enough to actually steal 1st team snaps from either.

Thanks, true. Hill and Gio had much higher YPC against the same team.

The Browns knew we were going to run it with Rex though to be fair.

We can use Rex in different roles than RB which is nice to have, he has great hands and he is really quick.

Shouldn't steal snaps from Hill or Gio but if either are gassed i would not be against him getting a few touches in the run game.
Reply/Quote