Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need to stop being scared of losing Marvin
I don't see how Marvin Lewis can stay here. Never mind the fact that we lost again in the first round. The meltdown of our team at the end of the game was beyond embarrassing. I could NOT believe what I was watching unfold on the field at the end of that game.So many stupid things happened. First of all, why the hell did Burfict and those other guys run out of the stadium like a bunch of idiots after Landry Jones was intercepted? That in itself was embarrassing to watch. Then we have the penalties that happened at the end of the game that put the icing on the cake. This team showed a real lack of discipline last night and that all comes down to coaching. Marvin does not have control of this team and deserves to go.

As much as we want to whine about the refs (and have every right to do so) the fact remains that we shouldn't have let ourselves get to that point. It brings me back to when I played highschool football 8 years ago. My head coach would always tell our team "If you want to win a football game, you never put the game into the refs hands. When you do that, you will almost always lose". And that stuck into my head every time I was out there on the field. The point is, we had every opportunity to win this game. We had the come back story right in our hands and we said "Here you go refs, screw us over, we don't want the win". I think there were some bad calls in the game, but those calls shouldn't have been enough to make us lose..... but they were.

The lack of control this team showed is unacceptable. I know people like to say "Well who are we gonna replace Marvin with?" Well Mike Zimmer looks like he would have been a good choice before we sent him off to Minnesota. I don't think we should let ourselves be scared to let Marvin go because we don't know who will perform in his place. Football is a game of risks, and after losing in the playoffs in the first round this many times and our team melting down the way it did, it's time to see a change with this franchise.
Reply/Quote
His job should be lost after that game. It was an embarrassment to the organization and it starts with him. But he won't get fired. He will get another contract
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote