Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need vet DL since 2 starters hurt
I know Bengals like to stay in house, but we need a starting DE if Trey is down for a few weeks.

JPP the former Buc and Raven is available and so is Frank Clark

We can't sit on our hands, this team is too good to miss the playoffs, but we are headed there if we don't get a consistent pass rush

Thoughts??
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
My thoughts are:
we could have gotten Chase Young for a 3rd round pick, and that we don't see new players on our roster except when it's an emergency.
we needed to win 10 games to make the playoffs, but now we will lose the tie breaker to just about every other 10 win team except the Bills and (maybe) the Steelers.
we knew we needed a better backup for Burrow entering the season, but we didn't do anything about it.
We knew that the Oline was not a strength and needed time to come together, so we didn't play them in preseason.
We know that Volson and Scott are playing very badly, but they continue to start.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 01:35 AM)puddycat Wrote: My thoughts are:
we could have gotten Chase Young for a 3rd round pick, and that we don't see new players on our roster except when it's an emergency...

Chase Young for a 3rd round pick and even if he doesnt sign a contract in the offseason with the 49ers, the compensation pick for his loss is a likely 3rd round pick.  I was listening to one of the broadcasts yesterday talking about it basically being a wash.  Its ridiculous the Bengals didnt make that trade especially knowing how weak we already were in the pass rush department before Hendrickson was even injured.

The problem is the Bengals are saving all the money they can so they can use that money on big Offensive contracts while they let good defensive players leave to be filled with cheaper contracts which results in a weaker defense.  Signing Young even for this year would have eaten in to the money the Bengals have right now that can rollover to next year.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 01:35 AM)puddycat Wrote: My thoughts are:
we could have gotten Chase Young for a 3rd round pick, and that we don't see new players on our roster except when it's an emergency.
we needed to win 10 games to make the playoffs, but now we will lose the tie breaker to just about every other 10 win team except the Bills and (maybe) the Steelers.
we knew we needed a better backup for Burrow entering the season, but we didn't do anything about it.  
We knew that the Oline was not a strength and needed time to come together, so we didn't play them in preseason.  
We know that Volson and Scott are playing very badly, but they continue to start.

So basically this is the bed they chose to lay in entering the season, so they'll likely live or die by those decisions because they won't make any moves at this point.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
When have the Bengals ever made a major personnel change during a season not caused by injury?

An to add to my previous statements: Tanner Hudson is by far the best receiving TE and despite dominating the offense during the first drive ended up playing less snaps than Smith or Sample.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 11:49 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I know Bengals like to stay in house, but we need a starting DE if Trey is down for a few weeks.

We can't sit on our hands, this team is too good to miss the playoffs, but we are headed there if we don't get a consistent pass rush

Thoughts??

JPP is with the Saints
Clark is with the Seahawks

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 04:56 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Chase Young for a 3rd round pick and even if he doesnt sign a contract in the offseason with the 49ers, the compensation pick for his loss is a likely 3rd round pick.  I was listening to one of the broadcasts yesterday talking about it basically being a wash.

Not really a wash because it's a year later. You're giving a 2024 3rd round compensatory pick and getting a 2025 3rd round compensatory pick.

The 49ers also don't care about 3rd round picks as much because they're gaming the system hard with the rule changes. They've been getting their minority coaches and FO personnel hired by other teams, and a couple years back the NFL made a rule that gives comp picks if you have a minority offensive or FO guy get hired by another team at a higher level.

The 49ers already had 3 3rd round picks guaranteed in 2024, so giving away 1 comp pick of those 3 wasn't much. Same way that they traded a 3rd round pick among other picks last year for McCaffrey but still had 3 3rd round picks in the 2023 draft.

- - - - -

So basically if we want to act like the 49ers, we need a lot of minority offensive coaches and FO guys and hope other teams hire them to be HCs, OCs, and GMs. Then we can throw around 3rd round comp picks like they grow on trees.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 11:49 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I know Bengals like to stay in house, but we need a starting DE if Trey is down for a few weeks.

Thoughts??

justin houstin is now available he have anything left?  his stats are bad this year but also been playing in carolina
Reply/Quote