Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We needed this game today...
(01-08-2023, 11:22 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Baltimore will be tons sharper & Cappa got hurt. The last three wins we have been seriously Jekyl & Hyde. 

So will we and we’re a better team. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 11:08 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The Bengals are 18-5 in their last 23 games ( I threw out the Browns final game last year). 4 of those games they lost late. Impressive yet some posters here Sled? Nate? Sad don’t you think?

Some people don’t seem to realize the final score is what matters. This is the NFL, there won’t be many games you dominate every single play. There are teams on the other sideline full of some of the best athletes in the world too. They’ll make plays and get momentum from time to time. Good teams do enough to win more often than not. This team has won a LOT the last two years.

They absolutely deserve the benefit of the doubt after winning by multiple scores, and beating the refs, after a crazy and short week.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 07:04 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

Does Paycor stadium catch a fine with them smoking in public? Maybe they can pull the private club exception if it's in the locker room...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I know “vanilla” gets thrown around a lot but it sure looked like it today. Defense lined up in straight 4-2-5 all game with no disguised coverages, no blitzes.

I think once the Bengals were up 17-0 they had the luxury of being able to pull back for next week- knowing the Ravens would probably not be able to get to 20 points
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: To get sharp again. Burrow and Higgins were both off. Higgins had balls hitting him in the hands and not catchimg them. That's not normal. Burrow did not look sharp either. Hopefully now they've played another game that'll be out of their system. If they play like this next week, look out.

The problem with your take is this is 2 games now with new DC that have made life tough for Burrow. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 10:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They've won what 8 in a row? Yeah...they're terrible.

Don't forget about Taylor, he's a dumbass, according to a poster in the GDT....
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 11:58 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: I know “vanilla” gets thrown around a lot but it sure looked like it today.  Defense lined up in straight 4-2-5 all game with no disguised coverages, no blitzes.

I think once the Bengals were up 17-0 they had the luxury of being able to pull back for next week- knowing the Ravens would probably not be able to get to 20 points

Exactly. People saying 'second half 3 points... shut out in the 2nd half against the Pats!'... those aren't the same things for one, and we'd have been stupid to go for it in the 2nd half yesterday. The game was won at 17-0.

Definitely needed the game. Even if the NFL's decision was that we'd win yesterday by default, I'd still rather we played yesterday. Team needed the game, get the Bills game out of our systems and move forward. Yesterday's game was imperative for that.

The fact we won comfortably was more than enough for me. We'll be a much better team next Sunday.
Reply/Quote
I get concerned from time to time, but holy smokes.. This defense plays Houdini game after game with either an INT at the last minute or a forced fumble as the game is on the line. It's not normal for Bengals.. I'll take abnormal all day long every day if that's what it takes. I've lost track of how many late 4th quarter turnovers they've caused.. Call em Poppin-Fresh..all those turnovers..  Cool ..  
[Image: Poppin%27_Fresh_the_Pillsbury_Doughboy.png]
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 12:19 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The problem with your take is this is 2 games now with new DC that have made life tough for Burrow. 

Anybody with eyes could see Burrow and Higgins were both a little off yesterday. That will not happen 2 weeks in a row. I will say I'll be glad when we get past the Ravens and don't have to play AFCN teams anymore. I don't think the rest of the league has anything for us.
Reply/Quote
It wasn't their best game but they had a lot happen the last week. They will play better.
Reply/Quote
Bates was talking about a cool video Zac had for them Saturday night from the movie gladiator with their faces instead. It was about finishing
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: To get sharp again. Burrow and Higgins were both off. Higgins had balls hitting him in the hands and not catchimg them. That's not normal. Burrow did not look sharp either. Hopefully now they've played another game that'll be out of their system. If they play like this next week, look out.

Felt the same way during the game.   My daughter got home from work and I was whining about their being off.   She ripped me for my negativity.

I think they will be sharper.   It was a long week after a 10 minute game and the specter of a possible fatality on the field.

What I liked was that they never gave up, the defense played a heck of a game, the offense coming through despite being off and the fact that the team - to a one - owned their stuff and are ready to move on.

I believe they will.   Honestly it's kind of a good thing.  I think they'll be going against an overconfident Ravens team and will be sharp and ready to play more to their capabilities.

Love the fact this team never gives up!
Reply/Quote
Not to mention just blowing them out yesterday would stoke their fire to repay us this week. Better to let them be overconfident.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 10:13 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: What a joke on some of the responses. 8 game winning streak. After 0-2 they went 12-2. Looked razor sharp against the Bills and were fired up to beat them and solidify themselves then got it snatched away. Still a hangover from that and Damon Hamlin’s ordeal. Can’t imagine a short week and that hangover not effecting them. Tough crowd isn’t it Nate.

Yes sir, wasn't expecting it to be pretty after the Hamlin situation.

Bottom line we got the win against our rivals who had the refs in their pocket while we were playing vanilla on both sides 
of the ball. Cannot ask more of the team than that.

(01-08-2023, 10:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Rep.

We were a missed face mask call away from winning by 2 TD’s and people are acting like we barely scraped out a win.

For sure, the Playoff game is where we can really judge. I expect us to have a completely different mindset going into the 
next one and we will not be playing vanilla on both sides of the ball. Same with the Rats obviously with more of their starters
playing, but it shouldn't matter. We are the superior team.
Reply/Quote