Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We ran the ball really well
On the first drive of the game. Hill was hitting the hole hard, guys were making blocks, and we dominated. Then we got away from it and kind of sucked. What happened?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 01:40 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: On the first drive of the game. Hill was hitting the hole hard, guys were making blocks, and we dominated. Then we got away from it and kind of sucked. What happened?

They were keeping so many guys in to block that everyone in the stadium knew what they were doing.  I think they just sort of surprised Denver with the first drive, but then they caught on.
Reply/Quote
Crazy after that first quarter, Hill didn't break the 100 yard mark.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 01:45 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: They were keeping so many guys in to block that everyone in the stadium knew what they were doing.  I think they just sort of surprised Denver with the first drive, but then they caught on.

On HIll's long run they had two guys pull from the right side to the left. They also had a receiver pull and make a block in the hole. The play was perfectly executed. 
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 01:40 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: On the first drive of the game. Hill was hitting the hole hard, guys were making blocks, and we dominated. Then we got away from it and kind of sucked. What happened?

Our secondary let them back in the game by dropping interceptions and giving up big plays.

Then when it counted our offense could not execute.
Reply/Quote
I have posted elsewhere that the problem in this case was in the trenches on both sides. Our O line got pushed around after the first drive and Dalton has no time to throw the ball downfield.

in contrast, the Denver QB had all the time in the world even when we rushed 7 on the last TD pass.

The DBS should have caught the ints but the main difference between Denver DBs and ours is that Dalton was under constant pressure while the Denver QB had clean pockets on almost all passes.

We have seen this in three games. We can beat the middle of the road and poor teams but I have real doubts about our chances against any of the upper echelon teams. I do not see any hope of a run in the playoffs with the current o and D lines.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 01:45 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: They were keeping so many guys in to block that everyone in the stadium knew what they were doing.  I think they just sort of surprised Denver with the first drive, but then they caught on.

This.  Yeah, we ran well.....we should have.  Unbalanced lines AND a lead blocker, it should've been a helluva lot more.  Shows you how inept the starting five really is.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
What happened is the Denver coaches made better adjustments than our coaches. Simple and end of story.
Reply/Quote
Denver was the 2nd worst rushing D in the league coming into that game...Bengals were worst.

We have some defensive issues. We also can't put up only 16 points a game and expect to win.

We were known for quick leads, we used to outscore the eff out of everyone in the first half. No sacks, no picks. We had problems in the 3rd quarter (coaching adjustments).

Right now we miss Eifert and Burfict. I think our OC is subpar, but he has time to prove us wrong.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 04:33 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Denver was the 2nd worst rushing D in the league coming into that game...Bengals were worst.

We have some defensive issues. We also can't put up only 16 points a game and expect to win.

We were known for quick leads, we used to outscore the eff out of everyone in the first half. No sacks, no picks. We had problems in the 3rd quarter (coaching adjustments).

Right now we miss Eifert and Burfict. I think our OC is subpar, but he has time to prove us wrong.

I think its more than just Eiff and Burfict. I think we miss Marvin Jones, Sanu, and Reggie Nelson too. 
Reply/Quote

What happened is when you only have 1 WR compared to 6 ol out there, and a lead blocker, they know what you are going to do. 8 blockers vs 1 pass catcher.

After that 50 yard run, Hill ran 14 more times for 35 yards. They didn't get away from the run, it just sucked and was obvious.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote