Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.6 Average
We're Officially In A Recession
The definition of a recession is two consecutive quarters of negative growth.

This is what happens when people make important decisions based on emotions: failure.
Reply/Quote
It's gonna be like when they introduced "Core CPI" to distract us from the fact inflation was stupid high the first time around. Biden is already saying he doesn't think we're in a recession. It's only a matter of time before a new definition of recession is floated.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/no-were-not-recession-biden-administration-tells-us-voters-2022-07-26/

Trump may have been an asshole but Biden is f'n clown.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Meh, stuff like this just makes you realize who is willing to work harder and who is willing to complain and point fingers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 03:11 PM)basballguy Wrote: It's gonna be like when they introduced "Core CPI" to distract us from the fact inflation was stupid high the first time around. Biden is already saying he doesn't think we're in a recession. It's only a matter of time before a new definition of recession is floated.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/no-were-not-recession-biden-administration-tells-us-voters-2022-07-26/

Trump may have been an asshole but Biden is f'n clown.

Like I said, that’s what happens when people vote on emotion.

Snowflakes voted for Biden because they thought Trump’s an asshole instead of what what either one could do for the country.

What’s that quote from Lincoln? “This country will only be destroyed from the inside” or something along those lines?
Reply/Quote
MaKe DeCiSiOnS bAsEd On EmOtIoN

Meanwhile you swing a rage boner around every chance you get.

Take a Midol and get off it.

Speaking of the country being destroyed from the inside, how about a sitting president trying to overturn an election because he couldn't handle losing?

Reality - it doesn't care about your brainwashing.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 04:33 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: MaKe DeCiSiOnS bAsEd On EmOtIoN

Meanwhile you swing a rage boner around every chance you get.

Take a Midol and get off it.

Speaking of the country being destroyed from the inside, how about a sitting president trying to overturn an election because he couldn't handle losing?

Reality - it doesn't care about your brainwashing.

Name a time I’ve swung a rage boner around based on emotion at something important and just ignored the facts.

In fact, name a few since you said I do it so often.

Like I said though, you make personal attacks because you can’t counter my facts. Thanks for proving my point.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 04:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: What’s that quote from Lincoln? “This country will only be destroyed from the inside” or something along those lines?

Lincoln was pure emotion, what with disagreeing with the fact that black people weren't people. 
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 04:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Like I said, that’s what happens when people vote on emotion.

Snowflakes voted for Biden because they thought Trump’s an asshole instead of what what either one could do for the country.

What’s that quote from Lincoln? “This country will only be destroyed from the inside” or something along those lines?

A house divided against itself cannot stand.  A riff off Matthew.

I like this one though:

[Image: PXJGnRKAiyiO5Qu6gIboV7HKLRS0IJhWIngJkb7X...0f54229ace]

Aside from favorite quotes how did a recission happen under Trump if this is all Biden's fault?

https://www.cbpp.org/research/economy/tracking-the-post-great-recession-economy

Or rather the fault of voters using "emotion" which Trump apparently according to you, never did?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/08/business/economy/us-economy-recession-2020.html

Or could be that other factors outside of the POTUS affect these things more than "emotion"?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-45827430

Eh, I guess we'll just have to accept it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/09/05/trump-obama-economy/
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 04:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, stuff like this just makes you realize who is willing to work harder and who is willing to complain and point fingers.

Here's a hot take:

Biden denying there's a recession is on par with Trump denying election results.

Quick edit: Now I personally believe there's more to a recession than GDP measurements...but i'm in an extreme minority.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 05:16 PM)basballguy Wrote: Here's a hot take:

Biden denying there's a recession is on par with Trump denying election results.

Quick edit:  Now I personally believe there's more to a recession than GDP measurements...but i'm in an extreme minority.

I wonder if Biden can get his followers to send him $250 million to fight the recession lie.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 05:16 PM)basballguy Wrote: Here's a hot take:

Here's another hot take: These two things have nothing to do with each other and comparisons like these reek of being an excuse for what was inexcusable. 
Oh Trump tried to subvert democracy and ignore the will of the voters, but Biden did not talk about a recession, so everyone's equally bad and hence the bad things Trump don't really matter.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 05:23 PM)hollodero Wrote: Here's another hot take: These two things have nothing to do with each other and comparisons like these reek of being an excuse for what was inexcusable. 
Oh Trump tried to subvert democracy and ignore the will of the voters, but Biden did not talk about a recession, so everyone's equally bad and hence the bad things Trump don't really matter.

75% of democrats don't want Biden to run in 2024, so the odds of him factoring into things much longer (if he factors into them at all) is pretty low.  Hopefully the other side can jettison their latest disaster and we can start over again in 2024.

With that being said, never in my life have I ever had any idea how the economy is doing without someone telling me.  Also, corporate profits are up, so these are golden times to be a corporation, so get on it.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 04:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Name a time I’ve swung a rage boner around based on emotion at something important and just ignored the facts.

In fact, name a few since you said I do it so often.

Like I said though, you make personal attacks because you can’t counter my facts. Thanks for proving my point.

I would, but you've proven time and again that you ignore reality when it smacks you in the face like a dashboard.

Just like you ignored Trump tearing the house down from within.

I'm sure it's because you FEEL like he did nothing wrong.

Voting with emotions.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 05:31 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Voting with emotions.

Don't worry, in 2024 facts will return to voting when we have a commie democrat who swears your failure is NEVER your fault against a republican who has a direct line to god and assures you that the secret to rebooting this country will come via replacing teachers' woke CRT-filled books with guns.

It's time to get logical around here...I can feel it...er, I mean...I can fact it. 
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 05:23 PM)hollodero Wrote: Here's another hot take: These two things have nothing to do with each other and comparisons like these reek of being an excuse for what was inexcusable. 

sigh
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 05:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I wonder if Biden can get his followers to send him $250 million to fight the recession lie.

lol i doubt it
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 05:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I wonder if Biden can get his followers to send him $250 million to fight the recession lie.

Nobody who voted for Biden buys into his bullshit in the best of circumstances. There's no way he could grift them.

Now if he went on TV and said 'send me money and I'll reinstate Trump', that grift could go somewhere.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 06:09 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Nobody who voted for Biden buys into his bullshit in the best of circumstances. There's no way he could grift them.

Now if he went on TV and said 'send me money and I'll reinstate Trump', that grift could go somewhere.

That's what is amusingly stupid about these arguments.  Yes, Biden sucks, but the idea that people who voted for him are the emotional ones while the other candidate who claims the election was rigged, has 60 or so lawsuits thrown out of court for it, provides no evidence for it, and then still gets his voters to send him $250 million dollar to "fight it" represents the people who use their logical brains and well-researched facts is outright farce.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 06:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's what is amusingly stupid about these arguments.  Yes, Biden sucks, but the idea that people who voted for him are the emotional ones while the other candidate who claims the election was rigged, has 60 or so lawsuits thrown out of court for it, provides no evidence for it, and then still gets his voters to send him $250 million dollar to "fight it" represents the people who use their logical brains and well-researched facts is outright farce.

Well those are the same folks who bought into alternate facts and figured they knew more about epidemiologist.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 05:31 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I would, but you've proven time and again that you ignore reality when it smacks you in the face like a dashboard.

Just like you ignored Trump tearing the house down from within.

I'm sure it's because you FEEL like he did nothing wrong.

Voting with emotions.

That translates into you can't backup your bullshit claims and personal attacks on me.

You could have just used one line instead of four.
Reply/Quote