Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We're Working out Clive Walford
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2018/10/bengals-work-out-te-clive-walford

Personally, I think we're fine with Schreck, but I guess a veteran is wanted.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Right now Id rather stick with the younger and cheaper Schreck. If we sign any veterans off the street we need a solid back up at MLBer
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Impressive college player at Miami (121 rec, 14.5 avg, 14 td). Taken high in third round (68th) by Oakland in 2015. Had 61 reception in first two seasons, but released last year. Picked up by Jets but could not make their roster this year. Has also worked out for Chiefs and Seahawks.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 03:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Impressive college player at Miami (121 rec, 14.5 avg, 14 td).  Taken high in third round (68th) by Oakland in 2015.  Had 61 reception in first two seasons, but released last year.  Picked up by Jets but could not make their roster this year.  Has also worked out for Chiefs and Seahawks.

You Post like a "realist" Fred.   Tongue
Reply/Quote
I seem to remember him having issues being difficult to get along with, which reduced his draft stock.
Reply/Quote
Could just be a typical Tuesday vet workout, doesn’t many any signing is imminent.
Reply/Quote
They like to work people out just in case. No reason to think we are currently looking for anyone

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 06:47 PM)pally Wrote: They like to work people out just in case.  No reason to think we are currently looking for anyone

Now that they are checking Erick Flowers, I pray you are right!
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 06:47 PM)pally Wrote: They like to work people out just in case.  No reason to think we are currently looking for anyone

(10-09-2018, 06:53 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Now that they are checking Erick Flowers, I pray you are right!

It's simply called "doing their due diligence".  The more that they know about every player that hits the market, the better prepared they will be to act, should an emergency need suddenly arise.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Clive is a good Halloween name.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Sounds like a British actor.. Clive is just inherently British ..
Wait, you mean Gruden, the GENIUS head coach couldn't turn him into a super star through sheer will and coaching genius? Say it ain't so Joe! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 03:12 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: https://www.profootballrumors.com/2018/10/bengals-work-out-te-clive-walford

This guy is the epitome of either not getting the playbook or not being prepared.  Ran a lot of the wrong routes, etc.  That is the last thing I want for Dalton right now.

Schreck made a very nice special teams tackle in the fourth quarter as the momentum was switching to the Bengals.  Stuffed Miami inside the 20.  

I want to see this kid get more and more snaps.  Next year, I really doubt we have Uzo, Kroft, and Eifert back.  Get the kid some meaningful experience now and see if he can contribute down the stretch.  
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 06:46 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This guy is the epitome of either not getting the playbook or not being prepared.  Ran a lot of the wrong routes, etc.  That is the last thing I want for Dalton right now.

Schreck made a very nice special teams tackle in the fourth quarter as the momentum was switching to the Bengals.  Stuffed Miami inside the 20.  

I want to see this kid get more and more snaps.  Next year, I really doubt we have Uzo, Kroft, and Eifert back.  Get the kid some meaningful experience now and see if he can contribute down the stretch.  

Have a feeling that next year will be Eifert, Ceej and Schreck and if one of them doesn't stay on the team, we draft one.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 06:46 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This guy is the epitome of either not getting the playbook or not being prepared.  Ran a lot of the wrong routes, etc.  That is the last thing I want for Dalton right now.

Schreck had an awesome block on one of the longer runs also, textbook.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 08:42 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Have a feeling that next year will be Eifert, Ceej and Schreck and if one of them doesn't stay on the team, we draft one.

Good chance.  Don't forget that Cethan Carter made the team last year and probably would have made it this year if not for injury.  Not sure if he was put on IR, but they seemed to like him.  
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 09:59 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good chance.  Don't forget that Cethan Carter made the team last year and probably would have made it this year if not for injury.  Not sure if he was put on IR, but they seemed to like him.  

Ugh, hope not... Damn stonehands.

And yes, he's on IR, eligible for recall.

But hopefully, Schreck shows up enough to keep him on IR; I REALLY don't like Carter, at all.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 03:12 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: https://www.profootballrumors.com/2018/10/bengals-work-out-te-clive-walford

I agree, i like Schreck myself. Heard he even made some plays in that 2nd half against the Phins.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 04:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree, i like Schreck myself. Heard he even made some plays in that 2nd half against the Phins.

Indeed, he blocked very well.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 08:42 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Have a feeling that next year will be Eifert, Ceej and Schreck and if one of them doesn't stay on the team, we draft one.

I'm guessing it'll be all three, but we still need to draft one. We can't count on Eifert. We'll need to proceed as if he's not on the team. Consider any production a bonus.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
So we signed Lengel back instead. A familiar face. Im ok with this, hopefully Lengal takes Shrecks spot on ST's and gives him more repo
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote