Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We're not last!
(07-13-2018, 09:23 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: See, that's why  never used them for college stuff ever either; their grades and stats can only be taken so far; the disparity in talent level in college renders half of their numbers useless and the grades never make sense.

But even after where he was drafted, after all of the great tape, workouts, healing time, etc., they STILL stick by, "we graded him as a third rounder, so the Bengals reached and he won't be that stellar, blah blah."

He may absolutely be a bust too; we don't know at this point, but to continue to push their agenda is just ridiculous.

Going down with the ship indeed.

They need to add another letter to their name...PFFT.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 05:40 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Yeah, PFF is full of crap.  And you're right about Hopkins, and Price.   :andy:

ThumbsUp

(07-12-2018, 07:18 PM)Joelist Wrote: I just went and looked at the scouting reports. Every one I found either had him as a first rounder or had him as a first rounder before the pectoral injury and then second rounder after. 

The injury was the only reason Price was even considered a 2nd rounder, it certainly wasn't cause of his pressures allowed.

He was by far the best run blocking Center, dude would just put DT's on their asses and i loved Ragnow for us.

But in the end i think we got the best Center with the biggest upside.

(07-13-2018, 09:23 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: See, that's why  never used them for college stuff ever either; their grades and stats can only be taken so far; the disparity in talent level in college renders half of their numbers useless and the grades never make sense.

But even after where he was drafted, after all of the great tape, workouts, healing time, etc., they STILL stick by, "we graded him as a third rounder, so the Bengals reached and he won't be that stellar, blah blah."

He may absolutely be a bust too; we don't know at this point, but to continue to push their agenda is just ridiculous.

Going down with the ship indeed.

Yeah and you would know better than anyone Truck, you were pretty much the guy that introduced me to PFF.

We have been talking about this it seems like ages, but like you said, they are definately sinking or already sunk.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2018, 03:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: ThumbsUp

The injury was the only reason Price was even considered a 2nd rounder, it certainly wasn't cause of his pressures allowed.

He was by far the best run blocking Center, dude would just put DT's on their asses and i loved Ragnow for us.

But in the end i think we got the best Center with the biggest upside.

Yeah and you would know better than anyone Truck, you were pretty much the guy that introduced me to PFF.

We have been talking about this it seems like ages, but like you said, they are definately sinking or already sunk.

But because they have backing, they will be around for a very long time.

Damn shame.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2018, 06:20 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: But because they have backing, they will be around for a very long time.

Damn shame.

People just keep quoting them as gospel is the problem, we need a new site badly without bias and just tell it like it is.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2018, 06:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: People just keep quoting them as gospel is the problem, we need a new site badly without bias and just tell it like it is.

Yeah, like this site for example.   Hilarious

Sorry, couldn't resist.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Rah rah rah.. We're number twenty six! Just think, number twenty six is better because it has a lot more letters in it than number one. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2018, 09:49 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Yeah, like this site for example.   Hilarious

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Truck needs to make up his new PFF lol

Like you said, just put the T on the end... :andy:
Reply/Quote
I am still ticked off the Bengals did not draft another Olineman high in the draft. I think the right side of the line will pay for that mistake this year. You can talk all you want about Westerman and Redman being the answer, but I need to see that for more then a game or two, and in games where it actually matters.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2018, 05:48 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: I am still ticked off the Bengals did not draft another Olineman high in the draft. I think the right side of the line will pay for that mistake this year. You can talk all you want about Westerman and Redman being the answer, but I need to see that for more then a game or two, and in games where it actually matters.

Have to admit i was pretty surprised by the Walton pick at the time cause there were some pretty good OT's there.

Like i said in the Og thread, Pollack must of thought he had something to work with and out of Fisher, Hart, Redmond,
Perkins and Taylor we should find someone that is serviceable. Westerman is pretty much an interior player but all these
guys have the length to play RT.
Reply/Quote
Oh cmon.. We'll have the greatest oline since the advent of the four numbers, 2018 AND 2019 combined..I'm ready for the 4037 season!  Sure ,I won't live till then ,but I'm ready! And just think. MB and Marv will be long gone by then! 
We will too, but that's not the point. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I don't know where the line will ultimately be ranked this season. But the mere act of replacing Ogbuehi and Bodine (worst LT and C in football) with Glenn and Price HAS to result in improvement. Add in replacing Piano Man with a legitimate OL coach and it will be VERY interesting to watch the new line gel.
Reply/Quote
No surprise. We've seen nothing of Price in the NFL. RG & RT are both ???? Glenn promises to be good/great at LT. Boling is solid enough, but no All-Pro. They really don't have enough info to pass judgement. 26 might be generous.

Hopefully the OLine will be Top 10 by the end of the year. Not holding my breath.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 03:42 AM)Joelist Wrote: I don't know where the line will ultimately be ranked this season. But the mere act of replacing Ogbuehi and Bodine (worst LT and C in football) with Glenn and Price HAS to result in improvement. Add in replacing Piano Man with a legitimate OL coach and it will be VERY interesting to watch the new line gel.

Agreed, adding about anyone over those guys would of been an improvement, let alone a proven NFL LT and arguably
the best Center in the Draft. Bringing in a new O-line coach that everyone is calling intense is the topper in my eyes.

Should be a fun year to watch the O-line work, last year was just pathetic with that passive crap.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 01:11 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Let's just hope they can achieve being average.

Amen! Average sure would be an upgrade.

Reply/Quote
(07-16-2018, 05:48 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: I am still ticked off the Bengals did not draft another Olineman high in the draft. I think the right side of the line will pay for that mistake this year. You can talk all you want about Westerman and Redman being the answer, but I need to see that for more then a game or two, and in games where it actually matters.

Malik Jefferson probably won't see the field this year, and Orlando Brown was still sitting there.  I will watch him with great interest this season.  
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 03:42 AM)Joelist Wrote: I don't know where the line will ultimately be ranked this season. But the mere act of replacing Ogbuehi and Bodine (worst LT and C in football) with Glenn and Price HAS to result in improvement. Add in replacing Piano Man with a legitimate OL coach and it will be VERY interesting to watch the new line gel.

I think replacing Bodine will have an even bigger impact that replacing Og.  No.  Pocket.  Ever.

Dalton won't know what to do with a pocket he can climb up in and survey the field.  Billy Price will have a huge impact on this team, both from a talent and leadership standpoint.  

If I weren't certain it would jinx him (and I let my four tix go this year  Cry) I would buy a Price jersey. 
Reply/Quote