Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We're not last!
PFF ranked the potential starting OL for each team. Bengals are 26th

26. CINCINNATI BENGALS
PROJECTED STARTING LINEUP:
Left Tackle: Cordy Glenn, 68.1 overall grade
Left Guard: Clint Boling, 75.5
Center: Billy Price, 83.8* (2017 college grade)
Right Guard: Trey Hopkins, 48.3
Right Tackle: Jake Fisher, 46.2

2017 season-end rank: 28th (+2)

The Bengals still ranking 26th after the addition of left tackle Cordy Glenn and first-round center Billy Price should tell you all you need to know about how bad they were a season ago. For as much of an upgrade as Glenn will be, there is no certainty Price will be the same. He had a third-round grade from PFF and his struggled in pass protection with 13 pressures allowed last season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Let's just hope they can achieve being average.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not convinced these will be our starters. What's Hopkins doing in there?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 01:33 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I'm not convinced these will be our starters.  What's Hopkins doing in there?

predicted lineup as he won the starting gig last year I think but got hurt.
Reply/Quote
They really graded Glenn at a 68? If they right side of the line can just be average, we can win some games this year.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
If Christian Westerman isn't starting somewhere on the OL this season, I'm going to be extremely disappointed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 02:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If Christian Westerman isn't starting somewhere on the OL this season, I'm going to be extremely disappointed.

You're not the only one.  He should be our starting RG IMO.
Reply/Quote
Based on the last couple seasons you really can't be shocked by where the Bengals are graded. If I were an outsider I'd prolly rank us very low as well.

Watching basically every minute of Bengal football for more years than I care to admit though, and seeing the change late last season, I fully expect this number to go way up !
Reply/Quote
PFF is not necessarily a good source for things. Grading Glenn that low is absurd as his play does not reflect the grade. And saying Price had a third round grade from them just makes me doubt their judgment - pretty much everyone else had him as a first rounder.
Reply/Quote
Lol maybe it’s been the string of bad centers we have had but 13 pressures all season doesn’t sound too bad!!
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 12:20 PM)pally Wrote:  For as much of an upgrade as Glenn will be, there is no certainty Price will be the same. He had a third-round grade from PFF and his struggled in pass protection with 13 pressures allowed last season.

Only 13 in 1 season? Hell, we are used to that in 1 game.  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 02:58 PM)Joelist Wrote: PFF is not necessarily a good source for things. Grading Glenn that low is absurd as his play does not reflect the grade. And saying Price had a third round grade from them just makes me doubt their judgment - pretty much everyone else had him as a first rounder.

No shit Joe.

This shows why i don't put much stock in PFF. Hopkins won't beat out both Westerman and Redmond either.

Price was ranked at worst a late 2nd rounder by everyone i heard of besides it seems PFF.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 04:57 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Only 13 in 1 season? Hell, we are used to that in 1 game.  Hilarious

Correction.  1 quarter.   Tongue
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 05:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No shit Joe.

This shows why i don't put much stock in PFF. Hopkins won't beat out both Westerman and Redmond either.

Price was ranked at worst a late 2nd rounder by everyone i heard of besides it seems PFF.

Yeah, PFF is full of crap.  And you're right about Hopkins, and Price.   :andy:
Reply/Quote
Well, PFF can afford to shit on the Bengal fans, as there aren't nearly as many of us as compared to size of fan base of most NFL teams. So, if they lose our business, they're really not losing much in their eyes.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 05:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No shit Joe.

I just went and looked at the scouting reports. Every one I found either had him as a first rounder or had him as a first rounder before the pectoral injury and then second rounder after. 
Reply/Quote
Do not agree but am fine with grade until we prove otherwise.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 02:17 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: You're not the only one.  He should be our starting RG IMO.

Agreed, and if the talk is true, and every position is really "up for grabs", I hope Redmond gets the legitimate shot at RT.  I need a mauler, two actually, next to Price on the right side.  Love the idea of Westerman and Redmond with a case of the red ass on the right side.  Power.  Running.  Game.  

I am rooting for Fisher, but I see him as more of an athletic, finesse-type player.  Hope they let Pollack do what he feels is best and not push the draft pick on him.  Actually, with the dollars still due to Ced and Fish and both in contract years, that would be really dumb.  If they feel Redmond is the best choice at RT, he should be starting.  
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2018, 08:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Agreed, and if the talk is true, and every position is really "up for grabs", I hope Redmond gets the legitimate shot at RT.  I need a mauler, two actually, next to Price on the right side.  Love the idea of Westerman and Redmond with a case of the red ass on the right side.  Power.  Running.  Game.  

I am rooting for Fisher, but I see him as more of an athletic, finesse-type player.  Hope they let Pollack do what he feels is best and not push the draft pick on him.  Actually, with the dollars still due to Ced and Fish and both in contract years, that would be really dumb.  If they feel Redmond is the best choice at RT, he should be starting.  

That would, IMHO, put our best linemen out there from the get go.

Glenn  Boling  Price  Westerman  Redmond

I like it.   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 05:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No shit Joe.

See, that's why never used them for college stuff ever either; their grades and stats can only be taken so far; the disparity in talent level in college renders half of their numbers useless and the grades never make sense.

But even after where he was drafted, after all of the great tape, workouts, healing time, etc., they STILL stick by, "we graded him as a third rounder, so the Bengals reached and he won't be that stellar, blah blah."

He may absolutely be a bust too; we don't know at this point, but to continue to push their agenda is just ridiculous.

Going down with the ship indeed.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote