Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: Gio tore his ACL
I hate this for Gio....He is a consummate pro and would flourish in many other offenses. I hope this gets the OC to realize something: Hill can catch. Gio could also run between the tackles. We telegraph so badly our design by our personnel it isn't funny.

Rex needs to get carries, and Hill needs to get a few targets. It can't always be: This one runs, this one catches, this one goes out on third down....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 12:49 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Would  Gio be ready for next season?

Probably not. An ACL is normally normally close to 9 months unless you are Adrian Peterson. The other issue is even when you come back it's normally a year to a year and a half before your 100% "back".
Reply/Quote
Terrible news. This late in the season he's likely out for half of 2017 too. Between Adam, Williams, and Gio, we blew the contract extensions last offseason.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I can hear Mike Brown now at the end of the season press conference

Mike Brown: "Marvin has led us to multiple winning seasons but because injuries got to us this year we are going to try another year. Before everyone got hurt we were only a game and a half out of first place so we had a chance of winning."

Then here comes Marvin Lewis he's gonna lean into the mic so everyone can hear it loud and clear.
Marvin Lewis: :We need to do a better job."
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 03:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So it's a wasted pick because he won't play in some meaningless games at the end of the season? Strange logic. 

Assuming Marvin is still at the helm next year, that would typically mean WJIII won't see regular time until the 2018 season. You really want to wait that long? He should play in these meaningless games the rest of the year so he actually has real game experience and can make a case for himself to see the field early and often in 2017.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 12:55 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Well, the nails are in the coffin for this season. Marvin needs to go now.

He sure does but I'm not sure how this has anything to do with the other.
Reply/Quote
Looks like Rex can now go out there and show the other 31 teams what he has to offer for next season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Vikes just waived Ronnie Hillman.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 05:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Vikes just waived Ronnie Hillman.

I thought he looked good last year. Hasnt got much of a chance this year.

Terrell Watson was cut from the Browns practice squad last month.

We should have been ahead of GB on the waiver order. We could have had your boy Christine last week. But our run game is performing so well staying with the status quo was the obvious choice. And Chykie is such a huge contributor cant risk cutting him and trying something different. 
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 01:38 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: How/when did this even happen?
Don't know, but I will guess that Peko lumbered onto the field and fell on Gio's leg. Sad
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 10:38 AM)Clappington Wrote: I can hear Mike Brown now at the end of the season press conference  

Mike Brown: "Marvin has led us to multiple winning seasons but because injuries got to us this year we are going to try another year. Before everyone got hurt we were only a game and a half out of first place so we had a chance of winning."

Then here comes Marvin Lewis he's gonna lean into the mic so everyone can hear it loud and clear.
Marvin Lewis: :We need to do a better job."
Sad, but very likely true. Sad In fact, a sure thing.
Reply/Quote
One of my favorite players on the team. Here's to a full and healthy recovery.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Wow this nightmare just goes on and on.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote