Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
IF BENGALS COULD BEAT BALTIMORE....
(10-08-2019, 03:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We see these threads EVERY week.

Somehow being 3 games out of 1st place 5 games into the season gives people hope still...

That is because we could easily have been 0-5 at the start of last season instead of being 4-1. 

This year we could be sitting at 3-2 instead of 0-5.

In 09 we won a bunch of games we lost in 10. (7 points or less)

"Cardiac Cats" and all.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 03:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The point of the thread is that we are facing the first place team this week and if we win (see title of thread) we will only be 2 games out.

2 games out with 11 left is not that bad when you consider that in 2012 we were 3 games out with only 8 left to play.  I'll bet you were celebrating another losing season by the Bengals back then too when we started 3-5.

[Image: 18eee0ece323833e1a76a2e39180bf12.jpg]

If AJ comes back, we could go on a serious tear. WHO DEY!!  :andy:
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 02:38 PM)kevin Wrote: If Bengals could beat Baltimore....The Math says they would still be in AFC North Race.  Steelers have 1 win.  Ravens and Browns have 2 wins.  The AFC North is wide open if Bengals put some wins together.   Not that the Bengals are good, but that the other 3 teams are lousy also.  

Now yes, I have said Bengals look like 1990's Bungles and they have.  Still, the other teams in AFC North have losing records also.  I don't know where Bengals Blocking or Tackling would magically come from.  Still, the Basic Math 101 says that IF BENGALS WIN A FEW GAMES, they could be near 1st place very fast, because the other 3 teams stink also.

It would take a major turn around by Bengals, but Browns and Ravens only have 2 more wins than Bengals.  Any surprise hot streak by Bengals puts them in race.  If Bengals beat Ravens and Browns lose, Bengals are 1 game out of 1st Place, as crazy as that is.  1-5 could have them 1 game out of 1st place.

IF THEY BEAT RAVENS......for all the fans including me since 1968, I hope they can pull the rabbit out of their hat, For The Fans.
They have to hire Bullwinkle first to do the pulling the rabbit out of the hat trick*.. Button up their sleeves and Preston!   OH THE OPTIMISM is just oozing.. for the fans..
*intentional play on words 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 07:32 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: That is because we could easily have been 0-5 at the start of last season instead of being 4-1. 

This year we could be sitting at 3-2 instead of 0-5.

In 09 we won a bunch of games we lost in 10. (7 points or less)

"Cardiac Cats" and all.

That's the value of the "what if" game.  In 2010 and 2011 we beat a single winning team each year but one year we were 4-12 and a disaster and the other year we were 9-7 and BAAAACK, BABY!!!  

2010 really sent home the message about winning/losing close games, for me.  We lost a bunch of close games and the Packers won a bunch of close games...we go 4-12 and blow it up and they win the SB.  Also, it's sort of like how for decades the Browns and Bengals lost close games to the Steelers every year.  I'm no math-talking guy, but if 90% of the games are so damn close why do the Browns and Bengals win so few of 'em?  Numbers, man.
Reply/Quote
Anyone else feel a win coming tomorrow? I have a feeling Lou Anarumo is coming up with a defensive scheme which will make Lamar Jackson’s life very difficult.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 06:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Anyone else feel a win coming tomorrow?  I have a feeling Lou Anarumo is coming up with a defensive scheme which will make Lamar Jackson’s life very difficult.

Yes. I am cautiously optimistic.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 06:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Anyone else feel a win coming tomorrow?  I have a feeling Lou Anarumo is coming up with a defensive scheme which will make Lamar Jackson’s life very difficult.

Man we'll win at one point and I suppose we could...but the Ravens run the ball and throw to TE's A LOT. That's the exact stuff that beats us.

Plus, on both sides of the ball...the Bengals haven't show any ability to come up with a gameplan tailored to an opponent.
Reply/Quote

Unfortunately, no. I feel a lot of fan optimism with the whole "any given Sunday" but the Bengals don't really seem to do that so i'm looking for the typical early game reality check and final score not really being competitive. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 09:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Man we'll win at one point and I suppose we could...but the Ravens run the ball and throw to TE's A LOT. That's the exact stuff that beats us.

Plus, on both sides of the ball...the Bengals haven't show any ability to come up with a gameplan tailored to an opponent.

Not only that, they don't seem to have even come up with a gameplan to try and hide their own deficiencies. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Does that involve somehow injecting some speed into the LB's??
Reply/Quote