Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
"We're not trading that guy"

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Makes me feel better about AJ's time table. With him back we could win a few games anyways.

Probably would of won 3 of them already if he was here. Makes that much of a difference when he is out there for us.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 05:10 PM)pally Wrote:

Then they must be looking at re-signing him, but if he gets to free agency all bets are off.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I think the whole thing was blown out of proportion by AJ saying the things he did about an extension and the media just ran with it.

I don't think AJ meant to say what he did and I'm pretty sure that Taylor had AJ in the plans for the building this team into a contender (I shouldn't say building but I just mean putting the finishing touches on a strong squad).
Reply/Quote
AJ has missed 19 of the last 38 games. It is nice owning a Lamborghini until you have to pay to fix it. He has earned 89 million with the Bengals. If he wants huge upfront money I would let him walk. Gambling on a 32 year old injury prone receiver isn't really too smart. But hey we are the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 05:33 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: AJ has missed 19 of the last 38 games. It is nice owning a Lamborghini until you have to pay to fix it. He has earned 89 million with the Bengals. If he wants huge upfront money I would let him walk. Gambling on a 32 year old injury prone receiver isn't really too smart. But hey we are the Bengals.

Even if AJ had played in all 5 games this season, and performed to his typical standards of production, some fans would still be griping.  They would just be saying "But he's missed 14 of the last 38 games.  We can't give that guy $18M/per, he might stub his toe and miss a few games.  THEN where would we be??"

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 05:33 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: AJ has missed 19 of the last 38 games. It is nice owning a Lamborghini until you have to pay to fix it. He has earned 89 million with the Bengals. If he wants huge upfront money I would let him walk. Gambling on a 32 year old injury prone receiver isn't really too smart. But hey we are the Bengals.

Even if AJ had played in all 5 games this season, and performed to his typical standards of production, some fans would still be griping.  They would just be saying "But he's missed 14 of the last 38 games.  We can't give that guy $18M/per, he might stub his toe and miss a few games.  THEN where would we be??"

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 05:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Even if AJ had played in all 5 games this season, and performed to his typical standards of production, some fans would still be griping.  They would just be saying "But he's missed 14 of the last 38 games.  We can't give that guy $18M/per, he might stub his toe and miss a few games.  THEN where would we be??"

True, true...
Reply/Quote
We need to extend him then. I am okay with a trade ornextending, but if this team does not extend him and he leaves, then not trading him would be a waste of an opportunity.
Reply/Quote
This is what happens you have have a young idealistic coach that sees the Bengals as a 3-2 team and not 0-5. His assessment is based on potential so that it supports the confirmation bias that things are working.

Things are NOT working and changes need to be made.

Dalton is not the answer at QB now and Dalton will not be the answer in the future. Jonah Williams is a unknown and fans do not know what he brings under Turner. The O-Line and backers and apparently the secondary are a mess. The team does not have sound fundamentals and there is no gap integrity by either line.

If Taylor were to realistically assess the Bengals, and wants to win, he needs to have an understanding of core players and how to look in the future so that the team can win. Dalton and Green are not the future and are past their prime.

There are only three players on the team that are keepers in my eyes and that is Mixon, Bates, and Boyd. Maybe WJ3, and he has regressed. Maybe Hopkins but he gets no push at LOS. I like Billings but I do not know if he is part of the core. The rest are expendable.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
if AZ can keep Their Start WR thru multiple rebuilds we can keep ours thru 1
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 06:08 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This is what happens you have have a young idealistic coach that sees the Bengals as a 3-2 team and not 0-5.  His assessment is based on potential so that it supports the confirmation bias that things are working.  

Things are NOT working and changes need to be made.  

Dalton is not the answer at QB now and Dalton will not be the answer in the future.  Jonah Williams is a unknown and fans do not know what he brings under Turner.  The O-Line and backers and apparently the secondary are a mess.  The team does not have sound fundamentals and there is no gap integrity by either line.  

If Taylor were to realistically assess the Bengals, and wants to win, he needs to have an understanding of core players and how to look in the future so that the team can win.  Dalton and Green are not the future and are past their prime.  

There are only three players on the team that are keepers in my eyes and that is Mixon, Bates, and Boyd.  Maybe WJ3, and he has regressed.  Maybe Hopkins but he gets no push at LOS.  I like Billings but I do not know if he is part of the core.  The rest are expendable.

WHAT!!! Shocked
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 06:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: WHAT!!! Shocked

I do not know if a NT should be part of the core unless he is an all pro type.  Billings is good, but I do not know if he is all pro good.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 06:16 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I do not know if a NT should be part of the core unless he is an all pro type.  Billings is good, but I do not know if he is all pro good.  

He will be my friend, he will be.

He is really young still too...
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 06:16 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I do not know if a NT should be part of the core unless he is an all pro type.  Billings is good, but I do not know if he is all pro good.  

Agreed.  Plus, I'm not sure that any of our DL are "All Pro" caliber, anymore.  They all seem to have "lost a step", they seem to be not able to seal the deal, once they defeat the OL in front of them.  QBs just move a little and extend the play, wash rise repeat..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Shocking. Lol. Tell us something we all already knew.
This organization will **** up the chance to rebuild fairly quickly. They will keep aging/declining players too long, do minimal in free agency, and sign other teams cast me offs. The 90's are back, disguised as the 2020's, and they're here for the long haul.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 06:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Agreed.  Plus, I'm not sure that any of our DL are "All Pro" caliber, anymore.  They all seem to have "lost a step", they seem to be not able to seal the deal, once they defeat the OL in front of them.  QBs just move a little and extend the play, wash rise repeat..

There third in pass rush productivity according to ESPN when rushing 4 or less players this season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
why believe anything out of the mouth of an 0-5 coach
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 06:30 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: There third in pass rush productivity according to ESPN when rushing 4 or less players this season.

*They're..

But anyway, I clearly mentioned "defeating the OL in front of them" and "only to allow the QB to move a bit, and extend the play".

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 05:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Makes me feel better about AJ's time table. With him back we could win a few games anyways.

Probably would of won 3 of them already if he was here. Makes that much of a difference when he is out there for us.

yeah that's the spirit lets win a couple of games and at least drop our draft stock.  brilliant 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote