Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We seem to be in wait and see mode...
Well, we're now the worst offense in the entire league. There's plenty of blame to go around, but holy preparation H does this team show up not ready to play. And holy depth chart does this coaching staff continue to start players who play worse than their backups.
Reply/Quote
This team will probably rally and beat the Cardinals this week.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 03:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I know football is a team game, but the ZT era Bengals sans Burrow are lousy with losses.  I agree playing Burrow hurt and still getting L's is a worse case scenario, but this team without Burrow has been bowling shoe ugly.

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

To be totally fair though. The team ZT inherited was well, just bad. It's much better now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 03:46 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

To be totally fair though. The team ZT inherited was well, just bad. It's much better now.

I don't think ZT inherited the worst team in the league, but that's all water under the bridge now.  With that being said, we may see if ZT can win without Burrow now that the team is better.  He doesn't seem to be able to win without Burrow playing like Burrow, so far.  Burrow's numbers and style of play seem pretty mid-tier backup caliber so far and we've had 1 good game, 1 close loss, and 2 complete no-shows.

It comes down to the next 2 weeks.  If we can squeak by we can convince ourselves our season is saved and it's time for a run.  If we lose either the AZ or game against Seattle at home I think we look into injurbenching Burrow and we get to see what ZT can do with a QB who isn't a mint condition Burrow.
Reply/Quote
I'll be honest...

I think part of the issue was that they totally underestimated the Titans, especially on a short week and with what the Browns did to them last week. The Titans were UP for this game, don't think they forget what Karras said walking off that field last year (up yours, TN!). Simmons didn't forget.

I also think it was the first time a team REALLY game planned around Burrow's limitations and the Bengals had no answer or adjustment during the game (which is a huge problem in itself).

This game on Sunday is going to be really interesting (if Burrow plays). The Bengals now know what teams are going to do to them defensively. Can they adjust offensively?

We will see if the Titans game was in a vaccum or if its going to be a season long trend.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 03:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This team will probably rally and beat the Cardinals this week.

If they can't respond to the ass whooping they just got from a mid Titans team then they are dead in the water. This week is going to be VERY telling. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 03:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This team will probably rally and beat the Cardinals this week.

I also think the defence will do enough to carry us to a W this week.

Burrow will play every snap and will look limited again. 

The whole season really rests on us getting to 3-3 and hoping Burrow is back at it for the Niners game after the bye. I think we struggle with that game even if we're playing at our best, so 2-5 after that is looking the most likely. Hope to be wrong.
Reply/Quote
I think we should all just relax and get ready for next year.  Burrow's hurt and probably will be for the foreseeable future until his leg heals.  If we had a quality backup QB already, I could see getting worked up over the remainder of the season.  

Truth is, is that we don't really know what we have in Jake Browning.  It's likely not much at a $750k/yr salary.  If ZT thinks that Burrow (in his condition) gives us the best chance to win, that's very telling of how good Browning is.  I know we all had high hopes of winning a Super Bowl this season, but I just don't think it's in the cards.  No sense in having Burrow play and end up seeing ghosts everytime he plays because he can't get away.

Having said that, it should give ZT a chance to work on being a better coach given the talent he has on the team minus the QB.  He's got a lot of work to do in my opinion.  I'd transform the team into a running team that rides Mixon or trade Higgins for a better QB if ZT still thinks there's hope.  
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 01:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: My Sundays are freed up. If there are any improvements I'll hear about them here.

I'm so glad this was the year I bought Sunday Ticket  Cry
At least it was the discounted $250 instead of $350...?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 02:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If the offense hangs the defense out to dry again, there won't be anything to see but several more blowout losses coming our way.

Yep all those "3 and outs" are taxing on the defense.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote