Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We signed Eli Apple
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/3/23/22346294/nfl-free-agency-bengals-sign-cornerback-eli-apple-panthers-saints-news?utm_campaign=cincyjungle&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter
Reply/Quote
Is he any good
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 04:48 PM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: Is he any good

Good depth piece on a prove it deal. Former 1st rounder who has struggled to stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
He'll fulfill the LeShaun Sims role of the emergency player who will should not see the field unless there are injuries. He was a first round pick by the Giants, I believe, and was wildly underwhelming. He has always been regarded as talented, but his work ethic and drive have been called into question.

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/12/27/eli-apple-giants-nfl-draft-bust/

Quote:[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.72)]While Apple has only logged one interception in 25 appearances over his first two seasons, his work ethic and other intangible issues have been a source of ire from others throughout the organization, earning him a trip to the bench on more than one occasion this season.[/color]

Being a former top 10 pick means he could always theoretically rebound. But I wouldn't count on it.

Better than Sims though.
Reply/Quote
Im now wondering if Trae Waynes is ready to play yet?? I thought we were done adressing secondary in FA.
Reply/Quote
Low risk maybe decent reward since has started and was drafted in top 10 but at the least depth signing if healthy
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 08:04 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Im now wondering if Trae Waynes is ready to play yet?? I thought we were done adressing secondary in FA.

I'm no doctor, but Trae looks fine to me. Holding a kid, walking in the snow. Granted, he's not chasing an NFL receiver. 
Reply/Quote
To be fair playing for the Giants for him at the time probably wasn't the most inspiring place.. but the Bengals on the other hand.. Now THAT'S inspiring if ever there was an inspiring team..  Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 09:39 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: I'm no doctor, but Trae looks fine to me. Holding a kid, walking in the snow. Granted, he's not chasing an NFL receiver. 

I have no doubt he was in his treestand deer hunting last year. He should be ready to go by camp. We need him and hopefully he really brings it and plays well. 
Reply/Quote