Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome to the 53 Wilson and Tupou
With Hill going to IR and that kicker getting cut the Bengals add Brandon Wilson and Josh Tupou.

Wilson has 4.3 speed and is considered a Safety but don't be surprised to see him taking snaps in the offensive backfield.

Tupou is a space eater at DT and who knows maybe we'll see him take on the Peko roll as led FB.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 10:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: With Hill going to IR and that kicker getting cut the Bengals add Brandon Wilson and Josh Tupou.

Wilson has 4.3 speed and is considered a Safety but don't be surprised to see him taking snaps in the offensive backfield.

Tupou is a space eater at DT and who knows maybe we'll see him take on the Peko roll as led FB.

no, just no.  that would lead to excitement.  we need more continuity and veteran presence.
[Image: forumpic2.jpg]
When I die, I will get to shake Mr. Paul Browns hand and hear him say "Damn, you never stopped believing, did you?"
Reply/Quote
Tupou will be the new kickoff returner...
Reply/Quote
I like his name
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 11:36 PM)jtsmith38 Wrote: no, just no.  that would lead to excitement.  we need more continuity and veteran presence.

I noticed in Pre Season Tupou is a WIDE LOAD. You can't push him around.   The guy has 20 lb on sims or Peko.   Don't expect him to be speedy. Likely ...guys coming up from Practice squad won't get big roles but.....the way things are, I like looking at options.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 11:00 AM)redwood Wrote: I noticed in Pre Season Tupou is a WIDE LOAD. You can't push him around.   The guy has 20 lb on sims or Peko.   Don't expect him to be speedy. Likely ...guys coming up from Practice squad won't get big roles but.....the way things are, I like looking at options.

Ordinarily I would agree with you, however I think Tupou will see a significant number of snaps.  Between Murray and Henry, we will need to truly rotate him with Billings to keep their legs fresh and keep them from getting run down.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 11:49 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Ordinarily I would agree with you, however I think Tupou will see a significant number of snaps.  Between Murray and Henry, we will need to truly rotate him with Billings to keep their legs fresh and keep them from getting run down.

I hope so. A deep Dline rotation is part of what gave us the best Run Defense year after year with Zimmer.
Reply/Quote
This is where the team turns it all around and decides that this season isn't completely lost after all. They've decided to really hang one on everyone and once and for all prove that the Browns aren't the worst team in the league. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Lapham really likes Tupou....
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 12:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Lapham really likes Tupou....

As in...   likes, likes? Pervert
Reply/Quote
I'll be interested in seeing a short yardage situation with Billings and Tupou in there. That's a whole lot of beef to stack the line.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 12:53 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: As in...   likes, likes? Pervert

No that there's anything wrong with that..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Looks like both active today. Welcome to the NFL rook!

I’d like to see Wilson get a shot at returning.
Reply/Quote
I just don't understand the thinking... one of the bright spots on this team is our returner, who is one of the most dangerous in the league, and you want to replace him?
Reply/Quote
Can’t afford to waste anytime working on our o-line
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 12:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Lapham really likes Tupou....

Steelers converted a TE into a very good LT so maybe we can a huge DT into a great guard. Make him a 2 way player (DT and OG).....LOL
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Phat Sims and Shaun Williams are out. Good chance the knew guys will see a fair amount of snaps.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 10:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: With Hill going to IR and that kicker getting cut the Bengals add Brandon Wilson and Josh Tupou.

Let's fix anything and everything, expect ignore the elephant in the room (our horrid OL).

Reply/Quote