Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We still have a loaded roster
This team is stacked we might have best offensive line in entire NFL right now and with a CTB returning we have 4 quality CB in the secondary. We could still potentially win a SB this season even with adversity and injuries.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 11:09 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: This team is stacked we might have best  offensive line in entire NFL right now and with a CTB returning we have 4 quality CB in the secondary. We could still potentially win a SB this season even with adversity and injuries.

I'll have what he's having. ^^^
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm shrooommmmmmmssssss
Reply/Quote
We have a top 5 roster w/ Joey Franchise, Reader, and Chase. We have little margin of error. This team if we could get Chase back for the playoffs could win a game but it’d be an upset.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 11:09 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: This team is stacked we might have best  offensive line in entire NFL right now and with a CTB returning we have 4 quality CB in the secondary. We could still potentially win a SB this season even with adversity and injuries.

[Image: d8086da2001f27000db11b3a86fb28f8--funny-...s-logs.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Eh, not really. It’s currently middle of the road

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
I agree with the OP's overall message (not the best oline part). We have a very talented team. It's why I always balked at the "We can't win without Burrow" talk.

I will admit I thought it would require an upgrade at QB2, but what do I know.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I might be able to consider to agreeing with this other than the oline bit, but the defense is so mid to well below average. Unless that side of the ball turns it around with many Christmas miracles, virtually no chance at all for a Super Bowl run.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 01:20 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I might be able to consider to agreeing with this other than the oline bit, but the defense is so mid to well below average. Unless that side of the ball turns it around with many Christmas miracles, virtually no chance at all for a Super Bowl run.

Yuuup...

30th overall
27th passing (31st AVG)
28th rushing (31st YPC)
20th scoring
17th sacks
28th on 3rd down
7th takeaways

Taking the ball away at a very good clip, but really bad at everything else. Combine it with terrible punting which will become more important as the weather continues to shift and it's rough.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 11:54 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: d8086da2001f27000db11b3a86fb28f8--funny-...s-logs.jpg]

We still have a loaded poster.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I saw this woman about thirty years ago at a little neighborhood bar at about 1:30 in the AM and while I was fully lit. Thought she was the sexiest thing I'd ever laid my lyin' eyes on. (She was actually pretty atrocious).   Alcohol, man....
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Our offensive line hasn't been dominated all year with the exception of maybe the Titans and Browns game in the opener most of the sacks we give up are coverage sacks our QB's have had a virtually clean pocket most of the season especially factoring in strength of schedule. Eagles offensive line who is supposedly number 1 have been manhandled 3 weeks in a row. I feel like most of the sacks we have given up this season are the QB's fault for not getting rid of the ball A team that likes to throw as much as Zac Taylor does that's all you can ask for.
Reply/Quote
OP, I LOVE your positivity !!!

Now... go take a drug test.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 11:09 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: This team is stacked we might have best offensive line in entire NFL right now and with a CTB returning we have 4 quality CB in the secondary. We could still potentially win a SB this season even with adversity and injuries.

We have a stacked roster??? Well,I’ll have to agree.The sky isn’t falling just because Chase is out a game or two,and Reader,and Burrow,your elite franchise Quarterback is out for the season.

This team has good depth at virtually every position this year.We have Joe Burrow’s clone playing at Quarterback.What a luxury to have two Joe Burrows.Just go back and watch the film,he does play a lot like Burrow.

We actually have a legitimate TE threat now in Tanner Hudson.Add to that now a nice one two punch at RB with Chase Brown.These Two will be a big plus to our Offense going forward.

Finally,our OL is playing better than they’ve played all year,and continues to get better.(Check PFF scores from last week).Cordell Volson was even in the eighties.Imagine that.

That’s right.We’re good.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 05:46 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: We have a stacked roster??? Well,I’ll have to agree.The sky isn’t falling just because Chase is out a game or two,and Reader,and Burrow,your elite franchise Quarterback is out for the season.

This team has good depth at virtually every position this year.We have Joe Burrow’s clone playing at Quarterback.What a luxury to have two Joe Burrows.Just go back and watch the film,he does play a lot like Burrow.

We actually have a legitimate TE threat now in Tanner Hudson.Add to that now a nice one two punch at RB with Chase Brown.These Two will be a big plus to our Offense going forward.

Finally,our OL is playing better than they’ve played all year,and continues to get better.(Check PFF scores from last week).Cordell Volson was even in the eighties.Imagine that.

That’s right.We’re good.

You forgot the Wide Receivers... we lose Chase, but still have Higgins, Boyd, Irwin, Yoshi and Chuck Sizzle. All with good hands.
Reply/Quote
There is a lot of quality on the roster. But there are also places that are gaps. Such as interior DL (especially with Reader's injury) and special teams (Punter). Also Lou REALLY needs to re-examine his defense and if these speedy kids cannot process the play fast enough (which causes the WIDE open receivers) then change to concepts they can reliably execute. Offensively we need to stick with the better run-pass and under center - shotgun balanced offense. We also need to get our speedy picks enough play time so we know if they are keepers. In theory we should see some of this on Saturday where hopefully they actually USE Yoshi more alongside Chuck Sizzle.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I am not going to be as hard on the OP as others. The thing is always being in the Shotgun like we were for most of the season
made it really hard on the OL, now that we have the QB under Center a lot it helps the OL play so much better. And yes, we have a very
good roster with lots of youth which means lots of growth could happen if we do make the Playoffs.

As we know, anything can happen in the Playoffs once you make it in. There is a lot of fight in this team and they aren't going to give up
no matter what the score is. We need to play much better on Defense and the Reader injury is going to hurt, but as long as Tufele, Tupou
and others step up in his absence and play well we might be okay.

The OL has been playing so much better the last 3 games, so no need to attack the OP for saying such. They aren't the best OL in the NFL
by any means, but they are playing much better which is great.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 04:46 PM)Science Friction Wrote: I saw this woman about thirty years ago at a little neighborhood bar at about 1:30 in the AM and while I was fully lit. Thought she was the sexiest thing I'd ever laid my lyin' eyes on. (She was actually pretty atrocious).   Alcohol, man....

How I Met Your Mother

LOL
Reply/Quote