Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We've given up by far the most points in the NFL
(12-15-2018, 12:58 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 397 points so far. Kind of unthinkable going into the season that we could be that bad.

The Raiders have only scored 244 points. We should be able to slow them down.

397? Three Hundred and ninety seven??!?!?!

Man I didn't realize how close we are to a Super Bowl appearance. Think bout it we are just one guy and assistant coach away! This could finally be it for us. We could sneak into the wild card still this year and then really open up that secret play book and take the NFL by storm. Who's with me?

Who Dey!!!!!

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2018, 02:43 PM)GodFather Wrote: 397? Three Hundred and ninety seven??!?!?!

Man I didn't realize how close we are to a Super Bowl appearance. Think bout it we are just one guy and assistant coach away! This could finally be it for us. We could sneak into the wild card still this year and then really open up that secret play book and take the NFL by storm. Who's with me?

Who Dey!!!!!

Ninja

I'm with you. Seattle was 7-9 and made the playoffs and won a game.

At 8-8 we'd be soo much better than them. Super Bowl coming!
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2018, 01:07 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: You build the line. We already have a QB (perhaps 2 for the Driskel fans) that can operate well behind protection. And then you are going to need to coach these guys up to be bad asses. Which in all honesty is the biggest question mark.

They can operate well...but are they elite? Having an elite QB seems to be the quickest way to competing in the NFL.

We aren't going to draft this high many times...so it's now or never for that QB.
Reply/Quote
We have allowed seven tenths of a pont more per game than the second worst defense.

Or "by far" for all the drama queens out there.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2018, 02:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They can operate well...but are they elite? Having an elite QB seems to be the quickest way to competing in the NFL.

We aren't going to draft this high many times...so it's now or never for that QB.

You don't need an elite QB to win a Superbowl. Nick Foles, Eli Manning,  Joe Flaco, and Russell Wilson all have super  bowl titles as a starting QB. None of those guys were considered " elite" when they won their titles. 
To me you have to improve the Defense and get one or two quality players on offense and this team is good to go 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2018, 02:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They can operate well...but are they elite? Having an elite QB seems to be the quickest way to competing in the NFL.

Only problem is that most first round QBs don't turn out as good as dalton.

SAince we drafted dalton in 2011 there have been 25 QBs taken in the first round.  Only 5 of those 25 have a better career passer rating than dalton.  Close to half (11 of 25) have a career passer rating int the 60's or 70's.

Eli Manning has more Super Bowl rings than Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees.  Nick Foles and Joe Flacco have just as many.  Peyton Manning won his last ring in a season where his passer rating was in the 60's.  So having an elite QB is no guarantee of Super Bowl success. 
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2018, 02:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We have allowed seven tenths of a pont more per game than the second worst defense.

Or "by far" for all the drama queens out there.

Way to set that bar high comparing us to the second worst defense, how comparing us to the best defense?
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2018, 04:30 PM)GodFather Wrote: Way to set that bar high comparing us to the second worst defense, how comparing us to the best defense?

We're not rock bottom.  We're the scum left after rock bottom.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2018, 02:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is why I think LB is an even bigger need than OL in this year’s draft. Enough messing around. Take the best LB available with our 1st rd pick. We haven’t taken one in the 1st since Keith Rivers ffs.

Yeah, go for one of those game changing cover Backers and that will help immensely.

Think Vigil is serviceable at the very least and under a new LB coach Malik Jefferson could be really good if he can
grab the mental aspect of the pro game. We can go after a Lineman in FA.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2018, 04:30 PM)GodFather Wrote: Way to set that bar high comparing us to the second worst defense, how comparing us to the best defense?

Yeah and we still allowed 10 or so points more than the 2nd worst.

Allowing almost 400 points scored against with 3 games to go is horrible.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2018, 06:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah and we still allowed 10 or so points more than the 2nd worst.

Allowing almost 400 points scored against with 3 games to go is horrible.

Well, we wanted them to make history this year, though this is not really what we had in mind.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2018, 03:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Only problem is that most first round QBs don't turn out as good as dalton.

SAince we drafted dalton in 2011 there have been 25 QBs taken in the first round.  Only 5 of those 25 have a better career passer rating than dalton.  Close to half (11 of 25) have a career passer rating int the 60's or 70's.

Eli Manning has more Super Bowl rings than Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees.  Nick Foles and Joe Flacco have just as many.  Peyton Manning won his last ring in a season where his passer rating was in the 60's.  So having an elite QB is no guarantee of Super Bowl success. 

Well...you can talk about Super Bowls winning QB's...but this entire roster hasn't even won a single playoff game.

I like Dalton, but he's not good enough to overcome the organization.
Reply/Quote
Who is good enough to overcome the shitshow that is the Bengals? Ask Aaron Rodgers if he needs better players around him.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2018, 11:20 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Then, try to trade Dalton to Washington or keep him and sit the rookie for a year.

We could probably trade Dalton to Washington for a decent haul, but I fear Mike Brown would play his usual brand of "I can't get fired no matter what" version of hardball and ask for more than they would be willing to give up.  A decent vet QB can make a play for that division crown and Alex Smith won't be ready for the 2019 season (if ever?) and Colt McCoy is either a FA or not a long-term solution.

Anyways, time will tell.  We probably wouldn't look too good going into 2019 with Driskel and a rookie, anywyas.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2018, 10:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We could probably trade Dalton to Washington for a decent haul, but I fear Mike Brown would play his usual brand of "I can't get fired no matter what" version of hardball and ask for more than they would be willing to give up.  A decent vet QB can make a play for that division crown and Alex Smith won't be ready for the 2019 season (if ever?) and Colt McCoy is either a FA or not a long-term solution.

Anyways, time will tell.  We probably wouldn't look too good going into 2019 with Driskel and a rookie, anywyas.

The thing a rookie QB would have is Green, Boyd, and Mixon. Most rookies don't step into situations like that.

What he'd lack though is an offensive line.

Now IF we could trade Dalton to Washington for some high picks...maybe 1st and 4th, then you work on building that offensive line too.
Reply/Quote