Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We will not draft a Center
As much as we want one, might as well just put that notion to bed and save the anguish.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 02:35 PM)McC Wrote: As much as we want one, might as well just put that notion to bed and save the anguish.

TJ is free agent, so I can see us drafting one for depth in rounds 4-7, but I would be surprised to see one before that, especially if Marvin stays.  While Bodine sucks, there are honestly 5-6 starters on this team as bad or worse than him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Two words which should put fear in the hearts of Bengals fans hoping for a new center:  Eric Ghiacic.

We all knew he needed to be replaced, but Alexander was too stubborn to admit he was wrong. Bodine will be the starting center until he isn't re-signed by the Bengals and isn't talented enough to play another regular season down for any of the other 31 teams just like Ghiacic.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 03:26 PM)Whatever Wrote: TJ is free agent, so I can see us drafting one for depth in rounds 4-7, but I would be surprised to see one before that, especially if Marvin stays.  While Bodine sucks, there are honestly 5-6 starters on this team as bad or worse than him.

Yea.  I should have added ...to take Bodine's place.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 05:22 PM)McC Wrote: Yea.  I should have added ...to take Bodine's place.

We'll go the Ghiaciuc route with Bodine most likely and let him walk after his contract is up, unless he takes a gigantic step in his 4th season. Marvin likes Bodine and I don't see him replacing him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 05:29 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: We'll go the Ghiaciuc route with Bodine most likely and let him walk after his contract is up, unless he takes a gigantic step in his 4th season. Marvin likes Bodine and I don't see him replacing him.

He's pretty good at walking backwards.  Ask Andy.

Reply/Quote
This is depressing. Sad
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 03:26 PM)Whatever Wrote: TJ is free agent, so I can see us drafting one for depth in rounds 4-7, but I would be surprised to see one before that, especially if Marvin stays.  While Bodine sucks, there are honestly 5-6 starters on this team as bad or worse than him.

Please name them.

Other than Ced, there hasn't been a guy consistently as bad as Bodine.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 11:49 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Please name them.

Other than Ced, there hasn't been a guy consistently as bad as Bodine.

Ogbuehi
Hill
MJ
Peko
Dansby
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 03:18 PM)Whatever Wrote: Ogbuehi
Hill
MJ
Peko
Dansby