Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
We win with our weakness
Coming into this game my biggest concern was our pass defense. I figured our pass offense was elite while our run offense and run defense were good enough.

We today it all came down to our pass defense and they made the plays to win the game.

There were a few ugly plays, but overall Raiders gained less than 5 yards per pass play (57 plys for 282 yds).
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Coming into this game my biggest concern was our pass defense.  I figured our pass offense was elite while our run offense and run defense were good enough.

We today it all came down to our pass defense and they made the plays to win the game.

There were a few ugly plays, but overall Raiders gained less than 5 yards per pass play (57 plys for 282 yds).

Not what I had in mind but I'll take it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I agree. But the concern now shifts to the defensive line injuries
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:07 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: I agree. But the concern now shifts to the defensive line injuries

Who else got injured besides Ogunjobi.

Had to watch on a stream today and it did not go well.  Cut out a lot. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Who else got injured besides Ogunjobi.

Hendrickson and Mike Daniels. A lot of defensive line depth was damaged today.
Reply/Quote
Hendrickson and Daniels
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Who else got injured besides Ogunjobi.

I believe Hendrickson went out with a concussion, and Daniels left early but I didn't see what from
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:10 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Hendrickson and Mike Daniels. A lot of defensive line depth was damaged today.

Yeah,

Hopefully Trey's concussion is not serious. His pressure was missed. Just so happy for a W. Man. Like so happy
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:11 PM)sloSTI Wrote: I believe Hendrickson went out with a concussion, and Daniels left early but I didn't see what from

What were the three injuries? Besides Hendrickson’s concussion. Also who do we potentially play next week?
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:11 PM)sloSTI Wrote: I believe Hendrickson went out with a concussion, and Daniels left early but I didn't see what from

Daniels had a groin injury. Those can be quick or linger depending on how bad.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:12 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: What were the three injuries? Besides Hendrickson’s concussion. Also who do we potentially play next week?

KC with a Pats win or TEN with a Bills win.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:12 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: What were the three injuries? Besides Hendrickson’s concussion. Also who do we potentially play next week?

I missed Ogunjobi and Daniels injury, and I think Tenn, unless they have an upset somewhere
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Daniels had a groin injury. Those can be quick or linger depending on how bad.

I know he didn't play much, but he played great last week and was really hoping he was going to step up and help clog the middle
Reply/Quote
Bring old Geno back in for some depth. Seriously though what happened to him?
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:16 PM)sloSTI Wrote: I know he didn't play much, but he played great last week and was really hoping he was going to step up and help clog the middle

Danials was useless last year.  This year he did not play a single snap in our first 16 games.  I had completely written him off and wanted to see Shelvin and Wrenn getting all the back up snaps.

But Mike did seem to play well last week.  And we need all the help we can get on defense.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Danials was useless last year.  This year he did not play a single snap in our first 16 games.  I had completely written him off and wanted to see Shelvin and Wrenn getting all the back up snaps.

But Mike did seem to play well last week.  And we need all the help we can get on defense.

Those other guys might be dressed next week
Reply/Quote
I didn't see the Daniels injury. Hope it's not serious.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:14 PM)Au165 Wrote: KC with a Pats win or TEN with a Bills win.

I think we have to see what happens with the KC-Pukesburg game first, don't we?
Reply/Quote
I haven’t heard anything further yet but I wouldn’t be surprised if ogunjobi has a ruptured Achilles. I hope I’m wrong and he can play next week but I highly doubt we see him the rest of the playoffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:14 PM)Au165 Wrote: KC with a Pats win or TEN with a Bills win.

So, I guess that's a good reason to watch that game closely. 
Reply/Quote