Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weapons sales to SA
Heard on the radio this morning there are congressional hearings about this and it brought to mind a question I haven't seen answered yet:

What "national emergency" did Trump cite to force the sale through?

Follow up: Are all of you OK with the POTUS declaring "national emergencies" every time they don't get their way?  ALL presidents?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-10-2019, 09:18 AM)GMDino Wrote: Heard on the radio this morning there are congressional hearings about this and it brought to mind a question I haven't seen answered yet:

What "national emergency" did Trump cite to force the sale through?

Follow up: Are all of you OK with the POTUS declaring "national emergencies" every time they don't get their way?  ALL presidents?

No
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-10-2019, 09:19 AM)michaelsean Wrote: No

Me either.

But what "national emergency" are we under just to sell stuff to another country?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-10-2019, 09:33 AM)GMDino Wrote: Me either.

But what "national emergency" are we under just to sell stuff to another country?

Real one?  None that I know of.  You can debate whether you should sell arms to any certain country, but I don't know of an actual national emergency that necessitates it.

Edit: I have to add that I pay so little attention to stuff now, that I pretty much base my opinions on what you guys provide.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]