Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wearing Dalton Jersey to Browns Bar
My friend is a big Cleveland Browns fan and has invited me to spend the draft evening next Thursday at the bar where all the Browns fans gather. I'm going to wear my Dalton Bengals jersey and stand up to laugh when they mess up pick 1 and 4. Probably end up in a bar fight. You know those Browns homies will not like a Bengals fan among them.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Well you could make the case that they will immediately have a better QB and Rb if the draft the draft goes their way.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2018, 08:58 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Well you could make the case that they will immediately have a better QB and Rb if the draft the draft goes their way.

I doubt they will. First of it's the browns, and secondly we have really good players in both of those positions.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2018, 08:58 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Well you could make the case that they will immediately have a better QB and Rb if the draft the draft goes their way.

No you could not
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2018, 09:31 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: No you could not

I'm not saying that i agree with that assessment but you could make the case. 
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2018, 11:18 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I'm not saying that i agree with that assessment but you could make the case. 
No you could not; you could say this player has more potential and have a strong argument for that but you could not say player is already better than  said player before playing a snap at not look like a biased individual. 
J24

Reply/Quote
I'm sure there will be at least one guy in a Steelers jersey and a few guys who were "totally always Eagles, fans seriously guys" in Eagles jerseys to laugh at all of you.
Reply/Quote
So we're gonna roll with we have a better RB on our team than Barkley?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2018, 11:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So we're gonna roll with we have a better RB on our team than Barkley?

Until he can prove it in the NFL I'll roll with Gio and Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2018, 11:27 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: No you could not; you could say this player has more potential and have a strong argument for that but you could not say player is already better than  said player before playing a snap at not look like a biased individual. 

I am fairly certain Barkely is better than Mixon regardless of whether he's taken a snap. If you think that this take is unreasonable or outlandish then you have highly inferior analytical skills, or are extremely close minded, or just a bias bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
I used to cheer when Lebron missed free throws at BW3s all the time, that was when I wasn't a Lebron fan, lol. Cleveland is just a bunch of drunks they don't even hear it, or they'll give you a black eye, be prepared for either lol. There are a lot of Steelers fans in Cleveland, too.

I wouldn't wear a Dalton jersey even in Cincy. You ought to buy yourself a Burfict jersey if you're going to show up anywhere publicly...
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 02:36 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I am fairly certain Barkely is better than Mixon regardless of whether he's taken a snap. If you think that this take is unreasonable or outlandish then you have highly inferior analytical skills, or are extremely close minded, or just a bias bengals fan.

i love Mixon & Gio but Barkley i'd have to agree w/ you is a better RB than both of ours....
Reply/Quote
Wear a Tim Couch jersey. That would piss them off worse.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 07:57 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I wouldn't wear a Dalton jersey even in Cincy. You ought to buy yourself a Burfict jersey if you're going to show up anywhere publicly...

This!

If you want to get punched in the eye, wear Opie Taylor’s jersey. If you want someone to think twice before taking that punch, wear 55.

Reply/Quote
1 guy in a Dalton jersey + 100 Browns fans still = 101 losers.

He'll, why not wear an "I <3 Marvin" hat to go along with it?

Show up in a jersey of someone the Bengals have that's outstanding over the guy who fills his pants in the spotlight. I like the Burfict suggestion.

Ah, F it! If you like AD and bought the jersey, show it off and be proud!
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 02:36 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I am fairly certain Barkely is better than Mixon regardless of whether he's taken a snap. If you think that this take is unreasonable or outlandish then you have highly inferior analytical skills, or are extremely close minded, or just a bias bengals fan.

Very similar players. Actually, incredibly similar players. I don't subscribe to the idea that I have to see someone play in the NFL before I think they're good, but let's look at their statistics, feats, height, weight, speed, etc....

- Roughly the same size and both are powerful
- Roughly the same 40 (4.40 vs 4.43)
- Both returned kickoffs for TD against OSU
- Both have excellent vision down field
- Both had high YPC
- Both are excellent receivers out of the back field
- Both played excellent competition in college at major conferences.

Mixon has less tread on his tires.

I don't see a major difference. Joe Mixon would have been a top 10 pick (maybe top 5) without the baggage and that was with an absolutely loaded RB draft class last year. Barkley is, by far, alone in this draft as it is RB weak, so he will go super high as there isn't a closely graded 2nd option. I think they are similar talents.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2018, 11:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So we're gonna roll with we have a better RB on our team than Barkley?

I like Barkley, but I remember when Trent Richardson was supposed to be the best RB in ten years. 

(04-15-2018, 10:14 AM)PDub80 Wrote: 1 guy in a Dalton jersey + 100 Browns fans still = 101 losers.

He'll, why not wear an "I <3 Marvin" hat to go along with it?

Show up in a jersey of someone the Bengals have that's outstanding over the guy who fills his pants in the spotlight. I like the Burfict suggestion.

Ah, F it! If you like AD and bought the jersey, show it off and be proud!

Burfict is one of the rare few on this team that hasn't filled his pants in the spotlight. You know, Marvin and all. He really doesn't set players up to succeed in the bright lights. Been going on for little while now.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 10:24 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Very similar players. Actually, incredibly similar players. I don't subscribe to the idea that I have to see someone play in the NFL before I think they're good, but let's look at their statistics, feats, height, weight, speed, etc....

- Roughly the same size and both are powerful
- Roughly the same 40 (4.40 vs 4.43)
- Both returned kickoffs for TD against OSU
- Both have excellent vision down field
- Both had high YPC
- Both are excellent receivers out of the back field
- Both played excellent competition in college at major conferences.

Mixon has less tread on his tires.

I don't see a major difference. Joe Mixon would have been a top 10 pick (maybe top 5) without the baggage and that was with an absolutely loaded RB draft class last year. Barkley is, by far, alone in this draft as it is RB weak, so he will go super high as there isn't a closely graded 2nd option. I think they are similar talents.

Again my initial point isn't that Barkely is better. It was that if you do subscribe to this opinion, it isn't unreasonable. The guy that i was questioning was making it seem as if under no circumstance you can pick a rookie that hasn't taken a snap over a player that has played. That claim is stupid. 
Reply/Quote

Agreed. I think/hope Mixon will be great for us but Barkley looks like THE next great RB. If Barkley stays healthy, I believe he will have the better career than Mixon/Gio when all is said and done.   
Reply/Quote

Mixon would have been a top 5 pick last season if it wasn't for him hitting a woman. 
J24

Reply/Quote