Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wearing Dalton Jersey to Browns Bar
(04-15-2018, 12:55 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Mixon would have been a top 5 pick last season if it wasn't for him hitting a woman. 

He would not have gone that high. Maybe mid to late first round.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
You’re safe. Andy Dalton has an 11-3 record against the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 01:02 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Until he can prove it in the NFL I'll roll with Gio and Mixon.

Well by that sound logic every RB that ever took a snap in the NFL is better than Barkley. Good luck selling that outside this Message Board.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 07:17 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: You’re safe. Andy Dalton has an 11-3 record against the Browns.

He also had one of the worst games in the history of professional football against the Browns...

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 10:38 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I like Barkley, but I remember when Trent Richardson was supposed to be the best RB in ten years. 

Burfict is one of the rare few on this team that hasn't filled his pants in the spotlight. You know, Marvin and all. He really doesn't set players up to succeed in the bright lights. Been going on for little while now.

I think Andy has Stockholm Syndrome from Marvin. I hate Marvin.  :giggle:
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 12:09 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Again my initial point isn't that Barkely is better. It was that if you do subscribe to this opinion, it isn't unreasonable. The guy that i was questioning was making it seem as if under no circumstance you can pick a rookie that hasn't taken a snap over a player that has played. That claim is stupid. 

^ I agree with what you're saying 100%
Reply/Quote
Okay, should I make a sign to go with the Bengals jersey? How about "Bengals/Browns Race To The Bottom! You Win!"?
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 07:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well by that sound logic every RB that ever took a snap in the NFL is better than Barkley. Good luck selling that outside this Message Board.  

Good luck selling it inside this message board since Jeremy Hill counts as an NFL RB, too.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2018, 08:58 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Well you could make the case that they will immediately have a better QB and Rb if the draft the draft goes their way.

You could always make the case that Cleveland is where QBs go to become hopeless alcoholics.. and flashing the money sign.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 09:10 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I think Andy has Stockholm Syndrome from Marvin. I hate Marvin.  :giggle:

Isn't Marvin well-liked amongst the players? Maybe they all have Stockholm.  Gaah
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
You could just point to the 1 in 14 and say your repping their games won the last 2 years... or the 4 for 3 years
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2018, 11:18 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I'm not saying that i agree with that assessment but you could make the case. 

Browns fans certainly will. Look at how many times they've had two 1st round picks and selected "this is the one" at QB.

Of course, after one year we might all be saying they have the better QB and RB in state, but it's too early for that.

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 09:40 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Good luck selling it inside this message board since Jeremy Hill counts as an NFL RB, too.

...and has proven himself more in the NFL than any RB currently on the roster. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 09:10 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Browns fans certainly will. Look at how many times they've had two 1st round picks and selected "this is the one" at QB.

Of course, after one year we might all be saying they have the better QB and RB in state, but it's too early for that.

Ida know, the 3 times prior to this where the Browns have had two 1st round picks they've used the top pick on a non-QB and then took the QB available at their second pick.  That's interesting since a lot of people are saying the Browns should use their #1 overall pick on a RB and then take the best QB still available with their second pick AGAIN.

Being someone who lives near Browns territory I assure you many people weren't convinced Quinn, Weeden, and Manziel were "the one."
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 10:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ida know, the 3 times prior to this where the Browns have had two 1st round picks they've used the top pick on a non-QB and then took the QB available at their second pick.  That's interesting since a lot of people are saying the Browns should use their #1 overall pick on a RB and then take the best QB still available with their second pick AGAIN.

Being someone who lives near Browns territory I assure you many people weren't convinced Quinn, Weeden, and Manziel were "the one."

They passed on Watson last year and Wentz and the guy with the Rams the year before. Those were three better QBs than they've had since they were resurrected from the dead.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2018, 11:57 PM)BengalChris Wrote: They passed on Watson last year and Wentz and the guy with the Rams the year before. Those were three better QBs than they've had since they were resurrected from the dead.

Goff and Wentz were the 1 and 2 off the board and they could have had Wentz, not Goff.  Watson looked quite good pre-injury but the jury is still out on him being the kind of QB who could put the Browns on his back.  That's quite the task, so no shame there.

Look, I'm just saying that QB is the most important position in football, the Browns are legendary for that jersey of 1000 nameless QBs, and they finally put a bunch of legit football minds in their front office.  With all that being said, 2018 would be an insane time for them to let multiple other teams decide the QB they get.  The Browns need to take the best QB in the draft at #1 overall and they might actually have a front office capable of figuring out which of the 3 or 4 is the best. 
Reply/Quote
What say the Browns fans?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 09:52 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: This!

If you want to get punched in the eye, wear Opie Taylor’s jersey. If you want someone to think twice before taking that punch, wear 55.

When JuJu is old enough to go to bars I'd avoid wearing a Burfict jersey to a bar.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2018, 08:41 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: My friend is a big Cleveland Browns fan and has invited me to spend the draft evening next Thursday at the bar where all the Browns fans gather. I'm going to wear my Dalton Bengals jersey and stand up to laugh when they mess up pick 1 and 4. Probably end up in a bar fight. You know those Browns homies will not like a Bengals fan among them.

So you, your friend and one other guy?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 05:53 PM)6andcounting Wrote: When JuJu is old enough to go to bars I'd avoid wearing a Burfict jersey to a bar.

Lol. Nice but ***!

Reply/Quote