Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weather and Climate change
I'm not saying I don't believe in climate change. I just question to what degree humans are responsible for it.

Regardless if climate change is man made or not, it's a good thing to reduce pollution.

That said, the Mayans were wrecked by a 200 year drought (they have said the annual rainfall decreased during that time by 70%) and they didn't have coal power plants, combustion engines, and giant beef industries.

California got like a 5 year drought and people started going crazy. Can you imagine 200 years? No human actions to blame it on either.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(05-29-2019, 09:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm not saying I don't believe in climate change. I just question to what degree humans are responsible for it.

Regardless if climate change is man made or not, it's a good thing to reduce pollution.

That said, the Mayans were wrecked by a 200 year drought (they have said the annual rainfall decreased during that time by 70%) and they didn't have coal power plants, combustion engines, and giant beef industries.

California got like a 5 year drought and people started going crazy. Can you imagine 200 years? No human actions to blame it on either.

Part of the problem is people living in places that we had to go to extreme efforts to make livable. If we have to use extreme methods to make a place habitable, maybe we shouldn't be living there...
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
What did man do to cause the Ice Age?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-29-2019, 09:45 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Part of the problem is people living in places that we had to go to extreme efforts to make livable. If we have to use extreme methods to make a place habitable, maybe we shouldn't be living there...

Yeaaaahhhh...

Katrina was terrible, but you also have to know you have an eventual shitty day coming your way if you build your city under sea level, right next to the gulf of Mexico.

California was also never meant to have that big of a population drawing from it's water sources. Or living on hillsides on fault lines.

Las Vegas is eventually going to be a disaster for building a water-heavy-use city in the desert. Matter of time.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(05-29-2019, 09:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm not saying I don't believe in climate change. I just question to what degree humans are responsible for it.

Why?

(05-29-2019, 09:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What did man do to cause the Ice Age?

Since scientific proof does not help dismissing those false flag arguments (I'm certain it has nothing to do with party affiliation), maybe a well sourced comic will do the trick.

[Image: earth_temperature_timeline.png]

That's largely where I am. I'm not sure how responsible people are, but reducing pollution isn't a bad thing, so why not?

But I do think one thing is funny. I grew up in the 'hair spray and CFC's are destroying the planet' age. There was some scientific evidence, changes were made and things got better. My kids are growing up in the 'carbon emissions are destroying the planet' age where there's some scientific evidence... and Republicans are sure it's a conspiracy between China and liberals to destroy democracy.
(05-29-2019, 09:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What did man do to cause the Ice Age?

What did man do to cause Noah's floods?

Mellow
(05-29-2019, 01:26 PM)Beaker Wrote: As of today, there have been 12 consecutive days where 8 or more tornadoes have touched down in the US....that's a new record by far. The Earth keeps sending us signals that we keep ignoring in the name of politics.

A new record relative to, like, 150 years?!?

Yeah, that literally is weather, not climate change.

I keep telling this board (but no one cares to actually educate themselves) - catastrophic global warming is based on junk science.  It's based on CO2 as a catalyst.  We have 20+ years now debunking that (which falsely assumes that assumption was founded on good science in the first place).
--------------------------------------------------------

(05-30-2019, 07:34 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: A new record relative to, like, 150 years?!?

I keep telling this board (but no one cares to actually educate themselves) - catastrophic global warming is based on junk science.  It's based on CO2 as a catalyst.  We have 20+ years now debunking that (which falsely assumes that assumption was founded on good science in the first place).

I've asked you repeatedly to share one of those articles you read so I could educate myself and you refused every time. Not one single article.
(05-30-2019, 08:29 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I've asked you repeatedly to share one of those articles you read so I could educate myself and you refused every time. Not one single article.

How many times does he have to keep telling people?
(05-30-2019, 07:34 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: A new record relative to, like, 150 years?!?

You would be wrong in your climate change denial.
(05-30-2019, 01:58 AM)Benton Wrote: That's largely where I am. I'm not sure how responsible people are, but reducing pollution isn't a bad thing, so why not?

I look at it through a common sense lens. Humans simply cannot NOT be having an effect on global climate based upon the amount of CO2 we release into the atmosphere each year. And with countries like China and India becoming more industrialized, that amount can only increase. 

I also look back at predictions made 10-20 years ago and see that those things are in fact happening. Things like increased droughts, changing weather patterns, increased wild fires, stronger hurricanes, more frequent severe storms, etc. All those things are coming to the forefront....and they were predicted years ago. 

The climate changes normally and cyclically....as many deniers like to point out. So I don't think humans are 100% responsible for causing climate change. But I do see us as contributing to accelerating what climate change does happen beyond normal levels and to newer non-normal heights. And I agree with your simple assessment that why would reducing it be a bad thing?
(05-30-2019, 09:35 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: How many times does he have to keep telling people?

Yeah, it's all junk science. For instance, the epidemiology of insect borne diseases is changing because temperatures are changing the ranges of insects. Thus we've seen a increase in tick borne diseases such as Lyme's disease in areas where there was very little or none before. Climatologists have got the medical community in on the scam, also.
(05-30-2019, 10:16 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Yeah, it's all junk science. For instance, the epidemiology of insect borne diseases is changing because temperatures are changing the ranges of insects. Thus we've seen a increase in tick borne diseases such as Lyme's disease in areas where there was very little or none before. Climatologists have got the medical community in on the scam, also.

Its tough to believe all this science stuff when you are incapable of understanding it.  

Thats why taking science out of the school all together is so critically important.  If we all just huddle together, arms joined with crossed fingers at the right point between our clinched up eyes, the good lord will stop sending the locusts.  My snake handling pastor gave me a pamphlet and it said we have the same amount of floods, tornadoes, fires and hurricanes today as we've had for the past century.  But these damn leftly pinko commie climate change scientists won't get with the program and help prey them away. 
(05-30-2019, 02:05 AM)Benton Wrote: What did man do to cause Noah's floods?

Mellow

Sin

Mellow

Not pursue intellectual development and end up a gullible follower who believes myths without questioning their validity.   
(05-30-2019, 11:48 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Not pursue intellectual development and end up a gullible follower who believes myths without questioning their validity.   

To be fair that was only the survivors. Those that thought themselves intellectual and non-gullible leaders didn't make it

Mellow

Just like with the Garden of Eden it was the women's fault.  Human women started screwing God's sons and having giants.

Not sure who "the sons of God" were, but that is what the Bible says

Genesis Chapter 6

1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them,
(05-30-2019, 10:54 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Sin

So why did he kill all of the animals also?

Were they also sinning or was this just more of the God's bloodlust that had to be satisfied?
(05-30-2019, 03:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: To be fair that was only the survivors. Those that thought themselves intellectual and non-gullible leaders didn't make it

Of coarse!  Thanks for the clarity.

I have to admit, its a great strategy.  Weed out those that will challenge you and your authority by choking out aspirations and intellectual discourse, then further shrinking the heard to only those that are gullible enough to believe the steaming pile of hot garbage they are presented with is the will of a loving invisible flying spaghetti monster.  

No doubt it was way easier to tell people these outlandish lies when people didnt have access to any other information, but blows my ***** mind this shit is taken at face value post WW2 or so.