Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weather in Kansas City
(01-24-2023, 04:29 PM)pally Wrote: the team that practices outdoors year round has the advantage

And here we are with a freakin practice bubble. Thanks McAfee, you douche. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 04:08 PM)Nepa Wrote: Here's information on the heating system at Arrowhead. The playing surface will not be frozen, but may actually be surprisingly warm.

https://www.chiefs.com/news/chiefs-recently-installed-multi-million-dollar-heating-system-under-pla-18287078

The wind is the only concerning factor.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 10:48 PM)packerbacker Wrote: You guys play in some cold weather in Cincinnati. I think KC is about the same temperature wise as Cincinnati overall right?

We [Cincinnati] are surrounded by large hills, so overall Kansas City has a worse wind chill and is probably colder being a state located on the edge of the Great Plains.  
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 05:04 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: We [Cincinnati] are surrounded by large hills, so overall Kansas City has a worse wind chill and is probably colder being a state located on the edge of the Great Plains.  

While I would tend to agree with you, I can attest to how bitterly cold the wind gets coming off the Ohio River. We did the plumbing at the Comfort Inn across from the Party Source in Newport KY when it was being built a long time ago and I had to wear a snowsuit under my Carhart coveralls, full-on long-johns, double wool socks and STILL froze my ass off in 30mph gusts in single degree temps!
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 10:48 PM)packerbacker Wrote: You guys play in some cold weather in Cincinnati. I think KC is about the same temperature wise as Cincinnati overall right?

Both are very similar.. in winter both average about same highs and lows.. snow fall is close Cincy avgs a bit more , KC a bit more sunny days, KC gets a bit more wind, in the end very little difference between the two
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 05:20 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Both are very similar.. in winter both average about same highs and lows.. snow fall is close Cincy avgs a bit more , KC a bit more sunny days, KC gets a bit more wind, in the end very little difference between the two

I remember one year where Cincinnati got almost as much snow as Cleveland did. I would say around 2010.
Reply/Quote
The weather prediction for the start of the game tomorrow night is 18 degrees with "real feel" of 6 degrees. The sustained winds are about 10 mph, with gusts of 21 mph.

What a change from today, when it is 52 degrees in KC.

I think the winds are pretty significant. I walked out in my area when wind was about 10 mph and it seemed quite breezy and that would impact long throws and kicks. But about 20 mph is when you see branches and small trees swaying and so those gusts can really impact a game.
Reply/Quote
Up to 27. Meaning it won’t be blowing 27 mph all game

Our weather guy is gonna have to be on point on letting Evan, Zac and Joe know when the wind is going. I don’t foresee this erasing our deep ball
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2023, 05:18 PM)Housh Wrote: Up to 27. Meaning it won’t be blowing 27 mph all game

Our weather guy is gonna have to be on point on letting Evan, Zac and Joe know when the wind is going. I don’t foresee this erasing our deep ball

It's also good that Burrow and the offense has been using the short passing game more. We don't have to rely on the deep ball.
Reply/Quote
A real feel of 6 degrees is also pretty darn cold. I live in a mountainous area of northern PA and used to do a lot of skiing. I always felt fine above 20 degrees, but really felt the cold when it got below 20 degrees. And I was dressed for the winter. I sure hope KC doesn't skimp on the heaters on the sidelines.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2023, 09:42 PM)Nepa Wrote: A real feel of 6 degrees is also pretty darn cold. I live in a mountainous area of northern PA and used to do a lot of skiing. I always felt fine above 20 degrees, but really felt the cold when it got below 20 degrees. And I was dressed for the winter. I sure hope KC doesn't skimp on the heaters on the sidelines.

Mike Brown would..lol
Reply/Quote
[Image: Z5fGgxijYMpjGgeVA5DfGVleiHCBJeU3m97mmxJZ...1600-nd-v1]
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
When I was 16, we saw a game between the Chiefs and Raiders at Arrowhead in December. I think I remember we had to drink our hot chocolate quickly, but it wasn't THAT bad since we had our winter coats, hats, gloves, and blankets. The football reference says the temp was 23 that day with an 8-degree wind chill. Hmm. The walk out of the stadium and back to the bus was cold though, so the enclosed nature of Arrowhead plus the body heat from other fans and the enthusiasm helps during the game. Still, those of you going, I hope you have your down coats, warm hats and booties!
Reply/Quote
The chart reflects more only 1 game starting out much below freezing , this game, he has little experience in below 20 weather.. this will probably be his coldest factoring in the time of game Temps will dip .
Reply/Quote
It's going to be cold, for sure. Kickoff forecast is 20 degrees with wind chill of 8. By the end of the game, forecast is 17 degrees with wind chill of 4. That is exactly what Burrow faced in New England, however. Gametime temp was 17 degrees with a wind chill of 4.

Burrow didn't play poorly, but he turned the ball over a couple of times. He had two interceptions - one where Boyd stopped short and Burrow expected him to keep going and the other was an ugly desperation heave with a miscommunication with Chase. On the flip side, neither of these were a product of the weather. He finished 40/52 for 375 yards, 3 TDs & 2 INTs with a 99.4 rating.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 07:37 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: The weather in Cincinnati is up in the air this week as they are calling for another major snowstorm tonight even though the temps say 40's. Kansas City is susceptible to major weather changes as well. I think a snow game helps the Bengals like last week. If the turf is slippery, can really aggravate Mahomes ankle.

Just the cold weather alone is going to make it tough on Mahomes ankle and Kelce's back. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 05:17 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: While I would tend to agree with you, I can attest to how bitterly cold the wind gets coming off the Ohio River. We did the plumbing at the Comfort Inn across from the Party Source in Newport KY when it was being built a long time ago and I had to wear a snowsuit under my Carhart coveralls, full-on long-johns, double wool socks and STILL froze my ass off in 30mph gusts in single degree temps!

Imagine how much fun i had in Riverfront stadium when i had to drive around the concourses in a golf cart, in February, rekeying all of their concession stands. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 07:27 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Still, those of you going, I hope you have your down coats, warm hats and booties!

[Image: 200.gif?cid=ecf05e47ksms0v1hw8f9l323s2lq...0.gif&ct=g]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote