Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Web hosting services
So, looking for some web hosting advice.

About a month ago, I got down-sized. After talking to some media friends who've had similar experiences and ended up online, I decided to go that route and start up a web-based product. I picked their brains and got a lot of good info. But (and the reason for the thread) every single one of them used a different web hosting service. I've already got my domain, but I've hit a wall on the hosting service. No one I talked to was 100% endorsing the services they use.

Soooo... any recommendations? And keep in mind, I'm not super site savvy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 10:18 PM)Benton Wrote: So, looking for some web hosting advice.

About a month ago, I got down-sized. After talking to some media friends who've had similar experiences and ended up online, I decided to go that route and start up a web-based product. I picked their brains and got a lot of good info. But (and the reason for the thread) every single one of them used a different web hosting service. I've already got my domain, but I've hit a wall on the hosting service. No one I talked to was 100% endorsing the services they use.

Soooo... any recommendations? And keep in mind, I'm not super site savvy.

It's rather difficult to offer an opinion based on such sparse information.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 11:17 PM)Dark-Net-Axon Wrote:
Dark-Net-Axon
It's rather difficult to offer an opinion based on such sparse information.

Well, I'm a PC guy if that helps?

Hmm
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 12:45 AM)Benton Wrote: Well, I'm a PC guy if that helps?

Hmm

Any information as to content type, expected usage, security needs and technical level of comfort would be helpful.

Although I currently operate strictly within the realms of the deepweb, and more specifically the darknet, as far as the sites I own, assist and help develop; I have experimented with many of the leading, and some off radar, surface hosts over the years and the different services and options they offer.

Each inevitably has their own pros and cons, therefore it's important to zero in on exactly what needs you require. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 01:09 AM)Dark-Net-Axon Wrote: Any information as to content type, expected usage, security needs and technical level of comfort would be helpful.

Although I currently operate strictly within the realms of the deepweb, and more specifically the darknet, as far as the sites I own, assist and help develop; I have experimented with many of the leading, and some off radar, surface hosts over the years and the different services and options they offer.

Each inevitably has their own pros and cons, therefore it's important to zero in on exactly what needs you require. 

Media site, and a low technical level. At least as far as starting from scratch. With past sites, hosts were negotiated company wide so I never had any contact with any of them. Honestly, I thought they were all about the same.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:32 AM)Benton Wrote: Media site, and a low technical level. At least as far as starting from scratch. With past sites, hosts were negotiated company wide so I never had any contact with any of them. Honestly, I thought they were all about the same.

I've sent you some information. 
Reply/Quote