Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wedge's 1st and only mock draft...
Rd.1 - Isiah Wynn Georgia OT- Say hello to our RT. I'm not sure why you have to be 7 feet tall to play tackle but Wynn is more than capable of holding this position
for years to come.
Rd.2 - Billy Price Ohio State C- One year at center and was a beast at doing it. Should get even better under Pollack's guidance.
Rd.3 - Jessie Bates III Wake Forest S- Bengals have needed a safety that can find the ball in the air and there are none better than Bates III.
Rd.3 - Mike Gesicki Penn State TE- Bengals have no TE's under contract after next year and Gesicki is a Eifert Clone. Red Zone nightmare.
Rd.4 - Josey Jewell Iowa LB- Not the most athletic LB this year, but very instinctual and has averaged over 120 tkls the last 3 years.
Rd.5 - Tyqyan Lewis Ohio State DE- Production fell a little last year, OSU played a scheme of 4 DEs on the line and Lewis dropped inside.
Rd.5 - Kendrick Norton Miami DT - Just a pure big bodied run stuffing DT. See him as a rotational guy.
Rd.5 - Brandon Parker NC St OT - Huge man than will need development time but could be solid as a back up
Rd.7 - Cole Madison Washington State OG- Former TE that can get outside on pulling plays. Will need time to develop
Rd.7 - Daurice Fountain Northern Iowa WR - Showed big time in the East-West Shrine game
Rd.7 - Taron Johnson Weber State DB- Small school 41 PBU in 45 games, also showed he could play at the senior game.

I didn't go with a RB, because I think we are set and will only add UDFA. Also didn't add a kicker, I know fans really don't have confidence in Phat Randy, but the coaches seem to. I think we look at one as a UDFA. Myself, since I was doing the picking, think Driscol will be our Back up QB and felt that the need to draft a QB will come next year and not this draft.
Reply/Quote
I really like this draft - although there's no way that I would put Wynn at RT.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 03:59 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I really like this draft - although there's no way that I would put Wynn at RT.

Wynn could certainly do it but RG would be a way better fit. Oline as you have it could be 

LT - Cordy Glenn
LG - Clint Boling
C - Billy Price
RG - Isaiah Wynn
RT - Bobby Hart

Only question I have is Gesicki. I've seen him mentioned as early as the first. If he made it to our 3rd I'd dance my way to the podium to submit that pick
BENGALdawg
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 05:22 PM)BengalDawg Wrote: Wynn could certainly do it but RG would be a way better fit. Oline as you have it could be 

LT - Cordy Glenn
LG - Clint Boling
C - Billy Price
RG - Isaiah Wynn
RT - Bobby Hart

Only question I have is Gesicki. I've seen him mentioned as early as the first. If he made it to our 3rd I'd dance my way to the podium to submit that pick
It's because I have seen him sliding down a couple of positional rankings to 4th. So there might be a chance in the 3rd for Gesicki. 
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 03:59 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I really like this draft - although there's no way that I would put Wynn at RT.

I went with Wynn because I wanted to get the best O-lineman left. I believe he could play RT and do it well. I could have went McGlinchey but I think he will be gone.  Thanks
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2018, 12:07 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I went with Wynn because I wanted to get the best O-lineman left. I believe he could play RT and do it well. I could have went McGlinchey but I think he will be gone.  Thanks

I'm with you 100%.  I actually think the top 4 linemen this year are actually interior guys:

Nelson, Wynn, Daniels, Hernandez are all higher graded players for me than any of the tackles.
Reply/Quote
Great Mock Wedge. Cool

Love all the picks, Gesicki could fall cause he is not a great blocker, similar to Andrews but Gesicki is much more athletic
and i think i would take him over Andrews in the 3rd for sure. Would be a nice steal. Wynn can play all the spots including
RT, might not be as good as he would at RG but he still is way better than anything we have seen with his great feet and
hands. Don't know why people don't think Wynn can play RT. He doesn't have short arms.

Wynn can play physical too, he can do it all and is extremely smart.

I think this Mock is very likely too with Price falling to us in the 2nd cause of his pectoral injury. Would take some time for
Price to gel with the O-line but once he does he might have more upside than my favorite Center in this Draft Ragnow.

I like the way Jewell sheds blocks and stops the run. Like you said, not very athletic or fast but he has great instincts and
that matters the most at Linebacker. Could be a good SAM for us. Love the Bates, Lewis, Fountain and Taron Johnson picks
too. Great job.
Reply/Quote