Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weed stash boxes
Well, actually they're good for just about anything that can fit into them, but I started making these to sell..all hardwood, walnut, maple and cherry.. 
[Image: 46033-20170809-100345.jpg]
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I usually just run the lawnmower over em or use a weed wacker for the longer ones. Dandelions are pretty in the spring, so I dont mind them as much tho. But I dont get why I would buy a box to put them in. They would be withered away in no time.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2017, 02:38 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I usually just run the lawnmower over em or use a weed wacker for the longer ones. Dandelions are pretty in the spring, so I dont mind them as much tho. But I dont get why I would buy a box to put them in. They would be withered away in no time.

Save the yellow parts of the dandelions and make dandelion wine although a wooden box wouldn't be a great way to store it..they're not exactly oak casks..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Wanna ship one of them bad boys to Iowa?  Do you accept out-of-state, post-dated checks?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Using a mitre sled? Those splines look nice.
Reply/Quote
What are the dimensions of the storage space.... And how much do you charge?

Just curious... Or do you make them to order

Could also be used as a Guinea pig coffin I think
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2017, 06:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: What are the dimensions  of the storage space....  And how much do you charge?

Just curious...    Or do you make them to order

Guessing by the picture, I'm saying it's 4" wide, 8" long, and 4" deep.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2017, 06:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: What are the dimensions  of the storage space....  And how much do you charge?

Just curious...    Or do you make them to order

Preparing for the worst? Sad
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2017, 06:47 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Preparing for the worst? Sad

He must have some super large guinea pigs..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
What's the weight of the box empty vs the weight of the box shipped Ninja
Reply/Quote
Be kind of nice to have one made of cedar for my tobacco.

How much for something like that with "Dad's Tobacco" carved on top or if you don't do that, just the box?
Reply/Quote
Inside dimensions?  5 1/4 x 2 1/4x about 3" but it varies a bit.. 
I'm not selling them yet. I'm still deciding if I am going to put the logo image on with a small branding iron or a cheap laser etcher/cutter.. 
Both cost about the same, but there's no moving parts to break with the iron as opposed to the laser.. 
I realized that nobody will buy just the box, but they'll buy the logo/art work that has Weedstache on it.. Never underestimate the silliness of people's discretionary income spending habits..  I'm probably going to aim for a $20 price, but I can go a bit less.. 
I'm considering selling them on Edsy and other venues, but I'm not opposed to selling wholesale though various distributors. If I go wholesale my unit price will have to drop significantly and I'll need several other items not to mention the ability to crank out hundreds per day every day.. 
I'm not destitute and not particularly wanting to have to work 90 hours a week to make one box at a time..
My design has chanded a bit to using just a dado slot instead of miters and splines.. That's too labor intensive and too many things can go wrong cutting little miters on small pieces..the dado slot is simple, strong and much easier to assemble. 
I'm also considering buying premade boxes and stamping my logo on them..There's quite a few companies that manufacture them..  
But hey, if anyone wants a box made without a logo, just a small hardwood box feel free to drop me an email @ amello.m.59@gmail.com with whatever it is you want and I'll give you a price quote. I'm in South Carolina so shipping isn't much and they weigh just a few ounces. I'm guessing around 12 oz, but it might be a bit more..The cardboard box is probably going to be the heaviest part.. 
I'm not carving things into them simply because it's time consuming and I don't have good carving skills, but I do know people who might be interested in doing that part for the right price..They ain't gonna work cheap though.. I might invest in a small CNC setup at some point, but I'm not there yet. 

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2017, 06:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He must have some super large guinea pigs..

guinea pigs  aren't tiny
Reply/Quote

See above picture of 3 tiny guinea pigs..  

Ok, they're just periods, but they could be mini guinea pigs..it's all just a matter of perspective.. Wink

Reply/Quote
Why are they called guinea pigs anyway? They look nothing like a pig.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 05:42 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Why are they called guinea pigs anyway?  They look nothing like a pig.

It's the same answer to how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop..
The world may never know..

Reply/Quote
I just need to store this thing.

[Image: th?id=OIP.RG_RvjimdWpxti3zllEEwAEsDh&pid...=207&h=156]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 05:42 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Why are they called guinea pigs anyway?  They look nothing like a pig.

Its a mystery... which is why they are awesome pets...    (just remember your finger looks like a carrot... and they like carrots.)

https://www.livescience.com/50658-guinea-pig-facts.html

I haven't had one in a while though...
Reply/Quote