Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Week 1 Down, Fans must...
Week 1 Down, Fans must have liked what they witnessed. Yes a win would have been sweet in Zac's debut but no one on here (including me) thought we would lead most of the game and come away with a 1 point loss with the ball and a chance to win at the end.

Zac brings a new attitude from top to bottom on this team and it showed in week 1. It's just sad we wasted so many years afraid to fire Marvin.

All fans should have a renewed energy about this team and what lies ahead! Looking forward to this week against the Niners!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 04:02 PM)corpjet Wrote: Week 1 Down, Fans must have liked what they witnessed.  Yes a win would have been sweet in Zac's debut but no one on here (including me) thought we would lead most of the game and come away with a 1 point loss with the ball and a chance to win at the end.

Zac brings a new attitude from top to bottom on this team and it showed in week 1.  It's just sad we wasted so many years afraid to fire Marvin.

All fans should have a renewed energy about this team and what lies ahead!  Looking forward to this week against the Niners!

Zac said yestered, "We lost, but we'll win more games because of it."

Honestly, that's the feeling I had after the game as well. Yeah, the loss sucked, especially because it was by a point and they should've won if not for some blown opportunities. I felt like they were the better team yesterday, and showed a lot in a tough environment against a good team. 

I think the loss, as disappointing as it was, will be a great teaching opportunity for Zac and his staff. Everyone, from coaches to players, showed what they're capable of. Now, they have to clean up some the mistakes going forward.

I love the aggressive style on both sides of the ball. I'm very excited to see how Zac adapts, improves and develops over the course of the season. I'm equally as excited about Lou and the defense, which was very fun to watch in week one. 

There's just a sense of excitement in the air that we haven't experienced for awhile.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully Zach can devise another good gameplay this week, but also include some 4th down and red zone plays.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
On to San Francisco!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If somehow Zac Taylor, Brian Callahan, and Jim Turner can concoct a running game the Cincinnati Bengals will be able to beat anyone.

You know what’s really scary? Zac, Brian, and Lou Anarumo made vast improvements to the team using Marvin Lewis’ existing roster — with some new additions of course. God bless Marvin — and I commend him for all the good he brought to Cincinnati — but what we saw on Sunday proved to me the talent was always there but the coaching was not.
Reply/Quote
Now how about all those fans saying they'd never go to another game with Marvin as the head coach put their money where their mouth is and buy tickets for Sunday?

Would be nice if the stadium would be less than 1/3 empty.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 04:18 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Zac said yestered, "We lost, but we'll win more games because of it."

Honestly, that's the feeling I had after the game as well. Yeah, the loss sucked, especially because it was by a point and they should've won if not for some blown opportunities. I felt like they were the better team yesterday, and showed a lot in a tough environment against a good team. 

I think the loss, as disappointing as it was, will be a great teaching opportunity for Zac and his staff. Everyone, from coaches to players, showed what they're capable of. Now, they have to clean up some the mistakes going forward.

I love the aggressive style on both sides of the ball. I'm very excited to see how Zac adapts, improves and develops over the course of the season. I'm equally as excited about Lou and the defense, which was very fun to watch in week one. 

There's just a sense of excitement in the air that we haven't experienced for awhile.

Theres a freshness to this team and I definitely see some great things to come.

We've been on the Marvin Lewis train for so long we always knew what was at the end of the ride. This is something new and exciting. 
Reply/Quote
The defense was flying around with energy I haven't seen since the Zimmer days. Super excited to watch them gel into a top notch unit.

What I love about this team is that we have in one game already seemed to etch more of an identity than any of the teams from 2016-2018.

Will say, with how we are reacting, San Fran is a total trap game and we could come out more butt hurt than we were before Seattle. This week will give us an even better picture on if this coaching staff has something going or if week 1 was a fluke.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 05:55 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Now how about all those fans saying they'd never go to another game with Marvin as the head coach put their money where their mouth is and buy tickets for Sunday?

Would be nice if the stadium would be less than 1/3 empty.

This... But you know they won't.

On the bright side; should be able to get a pretty good deal on the streets close to kickoff.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 04:30 PM)lostpoet2 Wrote: Hopefully Zach can devise another good gameplay this week, but also include some 4th down and red zone plays.

Zac loves talking football strategy. Game-planning and strategizing is on top of his favorite things in life. He will have these guys ready and a gameplan to win. 49er's wont know what hit them and that's an awesome thing. 

Thinking about what Holic posted Zac said yesterday, "We lost, but we'll win more games because of it." I have to agree. A victory Sunday may have given these guys a false identity. Including Zac himself. It was a hard fought game and our guys came up short. They will find a way to dig deeper and continue to do so week after week. It's so exciting. 

Lou had this D well improved and will only get better. He's honest and forward in his coaching and although respectful, he ain't afraid to hurt your feelings. His Marine Corp experience is his plus factor. Clapping and coddling doesn't improve anyone. We have a new team and it's awesome to be a part of it all.

I know we only played one game but what we saw Sunday can't be unseen. It was pure awesome in the way this coaching staff and players were prepared.

Reply/Quote
34-23 Win vs the Colts last year then 34-23 Win versus Ravens.

vs 1 point loss to Seattle.

Fans are more excited about the close loss to Seattle.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 04:02 PM)corpjet Wrote: Week 1 Down, Fans must have liked what they witnessed.  Yes a win would have been sweet in Zac's debut but no one on here (including me) thought we would lead most of the game and come away with a 1 point loss with the ball and a chance to win at the end.

Zac brings a new attitude from top to bottom on this team and it showed in week 1.  It's just sad we wasted so many years afraid to fire Marvin.

All fans should have a renewed energy about this team and what lies ahead!  Looking forward to this week against the Niners!

Oh, it was the best loss I have seen in forever lol

Think we will win a lot of games this year if the team keeps this up, which they should.

They should grow with every game under a new HC and the new coaches.

There is a big difference from what we have seen lately.

The players love playing for Zac and it is obvious.

(09-10-2019, 04:18 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Zac said yestered, "We lost, but we'll win more games because of it."

Same way i see it Holic. Exciting times ahead my brother. Wink
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 07:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 34-23 Win vs the Colts last year then 34-23 Win versus Ravens.

Watch the damn game Pistons.

We were good in all 3 phases of the game against the Seahawks and the Colts sucked early last season.

Marv always knew the Ratbirds, your argument is weak on this one.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 07:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 34-23 Win vs the Colts last year then 34-23 Win versus Ravens.

You are stone cold, dead set against any kind of context, aren't you?

I don't understand people like that.  Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 07:39 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Zac loves talking football strategy. Game-planning and strategizing is on top of his favorite things in life. He will have these guys ready and a gameplan to win. 49er's wont know what hit them and that's an awesome thing. 

Thinking about what Holic posted Zac said yesterday, "We lost, but we'll win more games because of it." I have to agree. A victory Sunday may have given these guys a false identity. Including Zac himself. It was a hard fought game and our guys came up short. They will find a way to dig deeper and continue to do so week after week. It's so exciting. 

Lou had this D well improved and will only get better. He's honest and forward in his coaching and although respectful, he ain't afraid to hurt your feelings. His Marine Corp experience is his plus factor. Clapping and coddling doesn't improve anyone. We have a new team and it's awesome to be a part of it all.

I know we only played one game but what we saw Sunday can't be unseen. It was pure awesome in the way this coaching staff and players were prepared.

Great post, totally agree. We were a different team and looked prepared in ways we havent seen in a long time. I can say enough about coach Lou first game. I was kind of bummed when I saw his named is who we hired, until I saw a video interview of him, and I instantly felt good about him. You can tell he's the kind of guy players were going to like and play for. Now he has shown he can gameplan and scheme. Pumped about him and all our coaches. Eaton the DL coach has got those guys coached up well with technique. Zac's offense was really sick looking, but the attitude, culture change and the selection of coaches he hired is whats going to make the biggest difference in the long run. It was like the entire Bengals sideline was on the same page from top to bottom. I couldnt be more excited.
Reply/Quote

Yeah, people forget. There was excitement last year about that opening win against the Colts. Mixon had 95 yards on 17 carries and a TD and another 54 yards receiving on 7 targets. Green had 95 receiving yards on 8 targets with a TD. Eifert had 44 yards on 3 targets. Green lost a fumble. It was Luck's first game back and he was 39 of 53. We held the Colts to 74 yards rushing. We scored 17 points in the 4th quarter to put the game away. It was a very efficient offense 334 total yards yielded 34 points. We turned it over twice (1 INT, 1 FUM) and got two turnovers (1 INT, 1 FUM). The OL gave up 2 sacks on 28 pass attempts compared to 4 sacks on 54 pass attempts last Sunday.

By the time we got to the really good teams on the schedule last year in KC and NO the wheels came off.

I see all the passing Sunday and no running game and I don't see the playoffs in our future without fixing the running game. Excitement or not, the team scored more last year when it had a running game and a healthy offense. There's things to improve on. We have better teams on our schedule than the Seahawks down the line.

However, the players do seem to have more energy and excitement in them. That will need to translate to wins. Last year we saw excitement early on and it withered with the injuries and as the losses mounted. The players seemed like they knew they couldn't win with Driskel at the helm. And Marvin was out coached by KC and NO and the Hueless Browns. The team looked lost against those teams. Part of that was Austin.

I'm looking forward to beating Cleveland and Pittsburgh this year. If they could sweep them both I'd take that as an improvement.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 06:56 PM)jason Wrote: This... But you know they won't.

On the bright side; should be able to get a pretty good deal on the streets close to kickoff.

Nah..If this team starts winning regularly by good margins the fans will show up. If not they won't. Pretty simple arithmetic. Wins=fans. Loses=no fans.
Not everyone thinks it's still Marvinball. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 10:52 AM)grampahol Wrote: Nah..If this team starts winning regularly by good margins the fans will show up. If not they won't. Pretty simple arithmetic. Wins=fans. Loses=no fans.
Not everyone thinks it's still Marvinball. 

Stadium's been pretty sparse since 08... There were maybe 17 people in the club level yesterday.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote