Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 1 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns***
(09-10-2023, 12:48 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: If the tackles can neutralize Garrett and Smith, it will be a good day.

If they can't, it will be a long day.

Without a single doubt.
Cleveland is missing a starting safety as well so with protection would come explosive pass plays.  
At some point the OL must be good.  Upgrading pretty much the entire line in the last two seasons.  Hopefully Jonah can play R tackle better than he did L tackle!
Reply/Quote
Anxious to see Mr. Brown play in a Bengals uniform, and who better to start off with than Miles Garrett.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 01:27 PM)M.W. Wrote: Cleveland is missing a starting safety

They are? Who?

Good news!
Reply/Quote
Murphy is gonna rack up multiple TFLs today
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 01:29 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Anxious to see Mr. Brown play in a Bengals uniform, and who better to start off with than Miles Garrett.

Don’t count on it.

Stains will be wisely / strategically moving him directly across from Williams all day long

He will feast too
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 01:32 PM)Whacked Wrote: They are? Who?

Good news!

I didn't recognize the name, it was briefly stated on a pregame show.  Maybe K. Hallessie. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 01:38 PM)M.W. Wrote: I didn't recognize the name, it was briefly stated on a pregame show.  Maybe K. Hallessie. 

Will keep an eye out. Thanks
Reply/Quote
WHO DEY gangsters
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 12:55 PM)pally Wrote: well last year Joe was recovering from surgery for a burst appendix and subsequent infection and most of the offensive line missed parts of training camp due to injuries so game 1 was just about the first time the entire offensive had been on the field at the same time.

year before that Joe was coming off the ACL and wasn't 100% yet

so hopefully we will see a better start this season despite Joe's calf injury

Last year we had four new starters on the OL who literally had played zero snaps together prior to Opening Day. Add in Joe's appendicitis and it was a recipe for trouble. Hopefully our returning four starters on the OL this time and no Joe appendicitis should add up to not looking so totally rusty and out of sync. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 01:38 PM)M.W. Wrote: I didn't recognize the name, it was briefly stated on a pregame show.  Maybe K. Hallessie. 

Juan Thornhill.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 01:46 PM)Joelist Wrote: Last year we had four new starters on the OL who literally had played zero snaps together prior to Opening Day. Add in Joe's appendicitis and it was a recipe for trouble. Hopefully our returning four starters on the OL this time and no Joe appendicitis should add up to not looking so totally rusty and out of sync. 

All fair points but last year’s opener vs the Stoolers pales in comparison to this one vs a very talented and stout Browns team.

Only our A-game yields a W on this own.

Zero room for error.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 01:47 PM)Joelist Wrote: Juan Thornhill.

Thanks, hopefully his back up is super bad.
Reply/Quote
WHODEY MFERS POP THE BEERS!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 01:27 PM)M.W. Wrote: Without a single doubt.
Cleveland is missing a starting safety as well so with protection would come explosive pass plays.  
At some point the OL must be good.  Upgrading pretty much the entire line in the last two seasons.  Hopefully Jonah can play R tackle better than he did L tackle!

He wasn't a bad left tackle, but he was not top tier and struggled against strength.  Two games per season against Watt and Garrett on that side leads to disaster when the LT isn't top tier.
Reply/Quote
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Lets go
Reply/Quote
Here we go again fellow Bengals fans !!!
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 01:55 PM)Tony Wrote: WHODEY MFERS POP THE BEERS!!!

Heck YESS!!

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Wait... Sunday ticket not messed up week 1. Thank you Google.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully the squad comes out the gate better than I did. I just realized the Bengal Bear wasn't in his proper place of glory on the mantel. Close call!
Reply/Quote
And to think that two years ago we were facing the Vikings at week 1 and Chase was a rookie. Time flies, and I'm getting old...
Reply/Quote