Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 1 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns***
(09-10-2023, 04:59 PM)Supadave Wrote: We need Zac to quit calling plays even more.

Yes, the play calling is just entirely too predictable. Whatever the most illogical thing to do is normally the call.  

3rd and 1 - throw a bomb in the rain.  
3rd and 10 - 7 yard slant
nearly every run play is right up the middle even when off tackle is more successful. 
4 and 6 - take a sack

It makes no sense
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:01 PM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: He likes at least 5

He sure did last season.

The team was a bunch of deadasses in September.  They looked like a juggernaut from November through December.  

Just because it worked out once doesn't mean it should be standard procedure.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:02 PM)jj22 Wrote: Couldn’t even score garbage time TDs. Right. 

Okay so your just too emotional to see reason, got it.

Enjoy your misery.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:03 PM)Destro Wrote: For real. They deserve no criticism. Only part of the team playing all day. Must be tired and p*ssed.

This
Reply/Quote
Sheesh, Hoard. "Did not practicing for four weeks affect Burrow?" isn't the only question the team will be asking themselves...or the most important. A much bigger and more relevant question is "is it about time to ditch the strategy of not playing starters in the preseason?".
This is easily the worst overall performance by the Bengals in the Burrow era...and against a middling (at best) opponent.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:02 PM)samhain Wrote: Does this team actually have an offensive scheme other than being better than the other team athletically?

I would say they use the magic ball if it wasn't clearly anticipated nearly every time.  I think the magic ball should be deployed ASAP. 
Reply/Quote
That got creamed today
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:03 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I'm just gonna forget football hasn't started.  This just left me with zero interest in any other games.  Beyond disappointed.  Absolutely pathetic.  And we STILL have a shhit oline.  yay.

I'd disagree with that one.  Garrett got one QB hit after the pass against the LT.  His sack came playing DT, and I don't know of any guard that is going to be prepared to face him.  The line will be fine once the QB gets his head straight.
Reply/Quote
Preseason policy comes home to roost again. Team didn't look nearly sharp as they should have.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:03 PM)M.W. Wrote: Yes, the play calling is just entirely too predictable. Whatever the most illogical thing to do is normally the call.  

3rd and 1 - throw a bomb in the rain.  
3rd and 10 - 7 yard slant
nearly every run play is right up the middle even when off tackle is more successful. 
4 and 6 - take a sack

It makes no sense

Wat to have the team ready for weak 1 Zac
Reply/Quote
Victory formation by the Bengals!
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:02 PM)Science Friction Wrote: #1 seed???

Unless my eyes are deceiving me, this bunch ain't sniffing playoffs.    Just an epic failure in every phase.

Im going to try and forget this waste of time garbage and hope to see the team I expected next week....
and as for JB, we all know what he can do but damn they just gave you that contract and you come out like this?!
better be better next week.....
holy crap this was BAAAAAAADDDDDD
Only positive is Robbins wasnt too shabby today and his leg didnt fall off   
Reply/Quote
Does Zac know this was a regular season game?
Reply/Quote
260 million guaranteed for this bullshit. I’m physically ill.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Has a MVP ever had a game like this. Who had Burrow losing the MVP race week one on your 2023 season Bingo card? He is out of the running.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:06 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Does Zac know this was a regular season game?

I don’t think he knows where he is
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:06 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I'd disagree with that one.  Garrett got one QB hit after the pass against the LT.  His sack came playing DT, and I don't know of any guard that is going to be prepared to face him.  The line will be fine once the QB gets his head straight.

Seemed like Burrow had D in his face every snap.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:06 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: 260 million guaranteed for this bullshit. I’m physically ill.

We saw him play today, and decided to give him ANOTHER $41 million guaranteed?!?!?
Reply/Quote
They should bring Marv in for the post game presser.. That would be icing on the cake. 
."I coulda at least gotten a touchdown for us!"
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I realize we're taking the L, but taking a knee to end the game just seems wrong.
Reply/Quote