Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 1 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Colts***
Cincinnati Bengals (0-0)   vs   Indianapolis Colts (0-0)
Sunday, September 9th, 2018 at 1:00 PM on CBS
Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana
Announce Crew: Andrew Catalon, James Lofton

[Image: Cincinnati-Bengals-vs.-Indianpolis-Colts-.jpg]

Reply/Quote

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: i-do-it-all-for-the-nookie.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Dang! It's Game Day again! The season is upon us!!!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2018, 07:04 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: i-do-it-all-for-the-nookie.jpg]

Come On!
Reply/Quote
For top streaming links for Bengals game, RedZone channel, other games, go to:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nflstreams/

- I recommend using streams from a ''Verified Streamer''
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bengals</a> Inactives: <br><br>WR Cody Core (back)<br>WR Auden Tate<br>RB Mark Walton<br>LB Malik Jefferson<br>OL Christian Westerman<br>OL Cedric Ogbuehi<br>DT Josh Tupou</p>&mdash; Paul Dehner Jr. (@pauldehnerjr) <a href="https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/1038811775062429699?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 9, 2018</a></blockquote>

Omg, how can they score today without Tate!?!

Also how many teams can say they have a 1st round pick as a healthy scratch? OOOOh yeah, not many.

Reply/Quote
Anyone else worried about Andrew Luck being 100%?

Mobile QB’s are a PITA

Bengals are the better and the Colts aren’t scary good; but they are “good enough”.
Reply/Quote
Costanzo inactive. Big loss for them.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 12:41 PM)Millhouse Wrote: <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bengals</a> Inactives: <br><br>WR Cody Core (back)<br>WR Auden Tate<br>RB Mark Walton<br>LB Malik Jefferson<br>OL Christian Westerman<br>OL Cedric Ogbuehi<br>DT Josh Tupou</p>&mdash; Paul Dehner Jr. (@pauldehnerjr) <a href="https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/1038811775062429699?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 9, 2018</a></blockquote>

Interesting. Surprised that Jake Fisher is going over Ced O after all the training camp hype that he was a changed player. On the one hand, Fisher has done better in actual games but Ced had played both Tackle spots. Hopefully we don't need any backups of course. Westerman not being active must be disappointing but I get that Trey can backup both Guard positions and Center. 

Mark Walton being inactive means, Tra Carson is getting to dress. If things are going well they'll probably put him in for a play here and there between there normal alternating of Mixon and Gio -- hope he makes the best of that. He looked great against pre-season squads. 

No TEs inactive -- all 4 are dressing. Maybe mean we don't have much faith in Eifert staying healthy the whole game, or maybe (dare I to hope?) we could see some two TE sets?

Malik Jefferson sitting while Hardy Nickerson is a bit surprising on the defensive side though Nickerson legit played well in pre-season and Malik looked like the rookie he is. He'll get his chance if he keeps working it. Hopefully Hardy Nickerson, Nick Vigil, and Jordan Evans all take the next step and Preston Brown continues to play like he has in the pre-season (was looking great). And hopefully we get the good Vinnie Rey and not the bad Vinnie Rey. The Colts do have a ground game (not to mention the elusive Andrew Luck when he is running) so LBs need to be playing sideline to sideline and not miss tackles. 

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 12:48 PM)Whacked Wrote: Anyone else worried about Andrew Luck being 100%?

Mobile QB’s are a PITA

Bengals are the better and the Colts aren’t scary good; but they are “good enough”.

Nah, I expect our d-line to have a field day, Nelson gets "welcome to the NFL" early by Geno. I'll be watching if Austin has fixed our TE problem and what Jack Doyle does to our LB's and Safeties.
Reply/Quote
Surprised CO isn't playing today.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 12:55 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Interesting. Surprised that Jake Fisher is going over Ced O after all the training camp hype that he was a changed player. On the one hand, Fisher has done better in actual games but Ced had played both Tackle spots. Hopefully we don't need any backups of course. Westerman not being active must be disappointing but I get that Trey can backup both Guard positions and Center. 

Mark Walton being inactive means, Tra Carson is getting to dress. If things are going well they'll probably put him in for a play here and there between there normal alternating of Mixon and Gio -- hope he makes the best of that. He looked great against pre-season squads. 

No TEs inactive -- all 4 are dressing. Maybe mean we don't have much faith in Eifert staying healthy the whole game, or maybe (dare I to hope?) we could see some two TE sets?

Malik Jefferson sitting while Hardy Nickerson is a bit surprising on the defensive side though Nickerson legit played well in pre-season and Malik looked like the rookie he is. He'll get his chance if he keeps working it. Hopefully Hardy Nickerson, Nick Vigil, and Jordan Evans all take the next step and Preston Brown continues to play like he has in the pre-season (was looking great). And hopefully we get the good Vinnie Rey and not the bad Vinnie Rey. The Colts do have a ground game (not to mention the elusive Andrew Luck when he is running) so LBs need to be playing sideline to sideline and not miss tackles. 

I bet Jefferson has an Evans type of rookie season, with a higher ceiling. At this point, like Evans last year, Jefferson is more raw potential than finished product. He'll get more playing time as the season goes on.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 12:55 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Costanzo inactive. Big loss for them.

[Image: tumblr_lzt14uX2SF1r06r2oo1_400.gif]

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 12:57 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Nah, I expect our d-line to have a field day, Nelson gets "welcome to the NFL" early by Geno. I'll be watching if Austin has fixed our TE problem and what Jack Doyle does to our LB's and Safeties.

I expect our D line to have a great day too, but man Nelson is a BEAST. I expect this to actually be a big challenge for Geno. But of course, Geno is an animal too, so it'll be exciting to watch!

If Luck plays like old Luck, then we are in trouble. I worry about our ability to put up a lot of points. But we do have the better overall team.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 12:57 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Nah, I expect our d-line to have a field day, Nelson gets "welcome to the NFL" early by Geno. I'll be watching if Austin has fixed our TE problem and what Jack Doyle does to our LB's and Safeties.

Ebron will be the guy that eats em up if anyone does.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals haven't beaten the Colts in Indy since 1997 - losing 7 regular season games and 1 postseason game.

Today would be a great time to end that streak!!  Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Right now, Hardy Nickerson is better than Jefferson on special teams

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 01:06 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The Bengals haven't beaten the Colts in Indy since 1997 - losing 7 regular season games and 1 postseason game.

Today would be a great time to end that streak!!  Who Dey

You got that right !!!
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 01:01 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Surprised CO isn't playing today.

Addition by subtraction  Ninja
Reply/Quote