Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
***Week 1 GameDay Thread - Chargers @ Bengals***
(09-13-2020, 08:39 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: That'll earn him a trip to the medical staff and skipping the kill the kicker locker room.  Nervous

He makes me miss Nugent.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
After that missed kick by Fat Randy Shayne Graham is sitting beside his phone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
At least I know we tackle our LB's are fixed. Joe seemed nervous. We need kicker Vinateri might be available. Im afraid we still cant cover a QB better than Taylor will expose us
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:37 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I’ve put on weight in the last couple of months, but not so much that I can’t do my one and only prescribed job.   Good thing we got rid of Jake Elliot for this overweight self-loathing excuse-producing clown.

He was responsible for 7 out of the 13 points scored today including hitting a 50 yarder. Offense needs to score more points.

Jake Elliott missed a FG today as well, going 1-2, so you really might want to re-try.

2017-Present
Jake Elliott: 83.3% FG, 94.0% XP
Randy Bullock: 85.7%, 95.0% XP

That's just cold hard facts, man. You might just remember Elliott hitting long FGs his rookie year, but he's been 4-10 from 50+ since then. Randy Bullock has been 4-9 from 50+ in that same time span. Seriously. By every single metric, Bullock is better than Elliott. Regardless of the missed chip shot today.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Why not throw a quick corner route to Auden Tate before trying a FG? All we read about was how great he was during camp.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:38 PM)Trademark Wrote: Also what was the point in drafting Higgins? Did he even see the field
?

I believe he might have been right on the edge of coming off injury. Guessing maybe they played it safe with him in the #3 slot if Ross was healthy. Either way, next week Ross should be on the bench coming in sparingly if at all for either Tate or Higgins. 

With Ross I counted TD he either misjudged or didn't want bad enough to dive, a 20 yard catch that hit him right in the gut, a false start at fairly important time of the game, and a bobble resulting in incompletion at fairly critical part in the game. 
Reply/Quote
I'm starting to feel Taylor may not be the long term answer for head coach.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:45 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Why not throw a quick corner route to Auden Tate before trying a FG? All we read about was how great he was during camp.

When your coach is an idiot coward who wasted 3 timeouts changing 3rd down plays that were probably decent calls, you get what you deserve
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:41 PM)Interceptor Wrote: He makes me miss Nugent.

[Image: eAM_GI1_zKgCEYY3fzpRq4fGI_JAZ3Bc0XRyDDi0...53b83d90b3]

That's you on the right?!?
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:44 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He was responsible for 7 out of the 13 points scored today including hitting a 50 yarder. Offense needs to score more points.

Jake Elliott missed a FG today as well, going 1-2, so you really might want to re-try.

2017-Present

That's just cold hard facts, man. You might just remember Elliott hitting long FGs his rookie year, but he's been 4-10 from 50+ since then. Randy Bullock has been 4-9 from 50+ in that same time span. Seriously. By every single metric, Bullock is better than Elliott. Regardless of the missed chip shot today.

Agreed.  Bullock is a few FGs away from being the most accurate Kicker in Bengals Franchise History (after setting the record last year for the Longest FG in Bengals Franchise History).  I hope he's OK, and it was just a cramp like some of the other guys were experiencing (including the Chargers punter on one play) as I'd like to see him back on the field next week making 50-yard kicks like he did earlier in the game.
Reply/Quote
Zac seemed caught up in the moment, atleast on tv... He may not be the leader this amazing rookie QB needs
Reply/Quote
That was very Marvinesque. 0 TO with 3 minutes left..... unacceptable.
Reply/Quote
We are too focused on the final play.... cleaning up the penalties, protecting Burrow from getting sacked, saving our time-outs, and eliminating the brutal turnovers would have prevented any of that
Reply/Quote
Yeah I don't blame Bullock neccessarily for getting injured and missing the kick. I mean--yeah--he could have stretched out more on the sidelines to stay loose I guess. But overall he hit everything all day (hit all the kicks he didn't get injured on).

I like Jake Elliott too and would rather have him just because he's younger. But Bullock has been great.
Reply/Quote
This teams offense hasn’t changed since Marvin left. Can someone come up with some new plays that everyone hasn’t see a million times, too predictacble.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:48 PM)BoBengal Wrote: Agreed.  Bullock is a few FGs away from being the most accurate Kicker in Bengals Franchise History (after setting the record last year for the Longest FG in Bengals Franchise History).  I hope he's OK, and it was just a cramp like some of the other guys were experiencing (including the Chargers punter on one play) as I'd like to see him back on the field next week making 50-yard kicks like he did earlier in the game.

I'm not denying his past accuracy.

Since this is the present. Let's focus on that for today.

It's the same shit a QB, RB,WR for would get for messing up on a final play no matter how they played the whole game.

Fat Randy is in the same boat.

The team lost for sure. Randy just put the nail in the coffin. He owns it.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:33 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Lou Anarumo and the defense are probably pissed off bad. They only allowed 16 points and lost.

Tyrod Taylor missed a lot of throws and was rarely if ever pressured. There were several plays when it really mattered when we had the ball carrier stopped and we just couldn’t tackle them. Allowing them to score at the end of the second quarter was just more of the same not playing hard til the whistle crap. With that being said...they made some good stops. But I wouldn’t say the Chargers have that great of an offense...especially the o-line. The fact that we couldn’t get pressure with a good chunk of their starting o-line out is not a good sign. I feel like our d scheme doesn’t do a good job of disguising what they are doing.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:47 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: [Image: eAM_GI1_zKgCEYY3fzpRq4fGI_JAZ3Bc0XRyDDi0...53b83d90b3]

That's you on the right?!?

Yes, but uglier and a beer belly. Including the moobs.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:44 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He was responsible for 7 out of the 13 points scored today including hitting a 50 yarder. Offense needs to score more points.

2017-Present

I’d bet you 40k a younger, slimmer kicker, (like the one we spent a 5th ? Rounder on a few yrs back) wouldn’t tweak their leg (?) on a 15 yarder. Calm down D.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:45 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Why not throw a quick corner route to Auden Tate before trying a FG? All we read about was how great he was during camp.

You do not run a play with as little time as there was in that situation. What if Burrow trips or falls down? What if the ball gets tipped and stays in the air too long? What if they blitz and he needs to escape the pocket and by the time the ball is thrown or goes out of bounds there's no time left?

Just a bush league call on AJ who used his arm as much as the DB did.
Reply/Quote