Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Bears***
(09-19-2021, 05:49 PM)Joelist Wrote: With a brainless game plan that does not do anything to play to our strengths and instead lets defenses crowd the box...

Agreed it wasn’t great last week either and was similar. We basically run on every 1st and 2nd down and pass on 3rd when the defense knows its coming so they can Tee off on us. The 2nd and long run up the middle for 3 yards into the teeth of the defense is are specialty. No movement / no creativity to make the defense think. The line isn’t even getting beat physical there’s multiple plays they don’t now there assignments and are letting in free rushers.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:02 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Agreed it wasn’t great last week either and was similar. We basically run on every 1st and 2nd down and pass on 3rd when the defense knows its coming so they can Tee off on us. The 2nd and long run up the middle for 3 yards into the teeth of the defense is are specialty. No movement / no creativity to make the defense think. The line isn’t even getting beat physical there’s  multiple plays they don’t now there assignments and are letting in free rushers.

Yup. What gets hidden in all this is again most of the sacks/hits happened from backs and TEs missing their assignments. Mixon caused 2 sacks today and also missed his block on the Burrow INT to the DL. Burrow had a clean pocket to operate in for the most part. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:45 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The guy we shoulda taken just threw a pick on his first pass. Guess we shoulda taken Tua.

Just got bailed out of his 2nd INT by the refs.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I would take Jay or even Hue back in a heartbeat over this clown.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 04:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The D is playing great..

Definitely is going to help the defensive stats. Halved the yards from the previous game. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:08 PM)Joelist Wrote: Yup. What gets hidden in all this is again most of the sacks/hits happened from backs and TEs missing their assignments. Mixon caused 2 sacks today and also missed his block on the Burrow INT to the DL. Burrow had a clean pocket to operate in for the most part. 

Yeah they miss Gio big time Perine gave up 2 last week as well. I’m surprised Evans isn’t more involved in the passing game. Far as the line Williams got beat once by Mack and XSF and Reiff both took the inside man allowing a free outside rusher for a sack.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:22 PM)TheFan Wrote: I wouldn't say I'm a badass but I don't have a problem calling people out on the internet or in real life who spout off nonsense regularly just to hear themselves talk. I mean do you think you're cool or a badass for how you act? I don't get your question. If someone would be upset that you didn't post next game day thread I'd be interested to see them speak up. 

I got my buds on here... someone like u will never be that and I guarantee in real life you wouldn't say shit toi me... I guarantee it..
Reply/Quote
AJ with a TD and Vigil with a pick 6.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:34 PM)Tony Wrote: I got my buds on here... someone like u will never be that and I guarantee in real life you wouldn't say shit toi me... I guarantee it..

Well I certainly feel sufficiently intimated by a dude on the internet... Yawn
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:48 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: He is as advertised

But clearly we don’t need him.

Burrow getting killed and it’s getting to his head

Another position would’ve helped with that

You know, to protect the future. A potential mvp

Except that isn't what you were saying because I agree with this post. If that's what you wanted to say, you sure chose an interesting way to phrase it.

Quote:Well that 5th overall pick should be able to get open with all that time, don’t you agree?

I thought they had chemistry

THAT is what you actually said, and the person who I replied directly to said "John Ross, John Ross, John Ross!!" and both of you were wrong. Should they have gone with OL at 5? Yes, I have always said that, it's never been what I haven't said. I was talking going 3 straight OL or 2 OL and then a WR in the 3rd with all my draft picking. Chase has been very good so far though, and has been just as advertised. He has been very good and has nothing wrong with chemistry and nothing to do with John Ross.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:09 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I would take Jay or even Hue back in a heartbeat over this clown.

Hue yes.  Jay, I dunno.  I still remember his brilliant "Let's not use AJ Green in the playoffs" gameplan.  It was almost dumber than what I've seen from Taylor.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:34 PM)Tony Wrote: I got my buds on here... someone like u will never be that and I guarantee in real life you wouldn't say shit toi me... I guarantee it..

I think i just peed a little.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:08 PM)Benton Wrote: They started the season with a not great looking defense that got beat up by the rams, and they were happy to have AD as QB. 

You're talking before the season.  They brought in AD before they brought in their QB of the future.  And their defense isn't a bunch of bums.  They gave up some big plays against the Rams last week, but controlled the overall rhythm of that game.  Their offense marched the ball according to their own clock, eating time and yards.  If it wasn't for ~3 big plays last week, the Bears would have beat the Rams.  And that was with AD as their QB, who wasn't lighting the world on fire, but just getting the job done.  I haven't been able to watch the Bengals this season, but I watched the Rams/Bears last week, and the Bears did not look like crap to me. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 09:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I think i just peed a little.

i havent laughed that hard in a long time either
Reply/Quote
Let’s go Bengals
Reply/Quote