Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 1 GameDay Thread - Vikings @ Bengals***
Thank god we won but my god Zac Taylor had some horrific play calling.
Reply/Quote
Any Minnesota fans. We get it. We saw it all. All the breaks the Bengals got. We know more than most all that shit. I always feel a little better if people at least acknowledge it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:49 PM)TheFan Wrote: I mean, really it is. Go actually watch football. You'll see 2 yards, 3 yards, 3 yard, and then like 10 for 4.5 average. 

Watch the browns. Watch the packers. Saints. Panthers
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:48 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Some stats from the game:

Burrow 20/27 261 yards two TDs
Mixon 29 rushes 127 yards 1 TD (even though Frank says the Bengals could not run the ball)
Chase 101 yards 1 TD

He had a couple of good runs but it felt like we weren’t running great. Looking at the stats what happened on our drives. Oh yeah a bunch of sacks and a couple of big plays outside of that it was short runs and dinky passes. I’m not mad though we came out rusty and walked off with a win I think that’s pretty good.

Hopkins looks very rusty and unready. Burrow still needs to gain more confidence in himself, but a win should help him a little bit.

Such a rare thing we just saw. A Zac Taylor victory. Despite his attempts to prevent it.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:51 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Thank god we won but my god Zac Taylor had some horrific play calling.

Yes. But Gotta love the 4th and an inch call to win the game.
Reply/Quote
Mostly all good things to say about today's game.

BJ Hill trade looking good.
Larry O. looking fantastic.
Joe still has it.
Chase says what drops ?
Joe still has it.

What else you got ?
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:52 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: He had a couple of good runs but it felt like we weren’t running great. Looking at the stats what happened on our drives. Oh yeah a bunch of sacks and a couple of big plays outside of that it was short runs and dinky passes. I’m not mad though we came out rusty and walked off with a win I think that’s pretty good.

Hopkins looks very rusty and unready. Burrow still needs to gain more confidence in himself, but a win should help him a little bit.

Such a rare thing we just saw. A Zac Taylor victory. Despite his attempts to prevent it.

Good post
Reply/Quote
That was a legit fumble not a gift.

The DL put on a show today, the vikes had to hold like crazy or there would have been at least 4 more sacks. Meanwhile our much maligned OL outside of Hopkins looking super rusty did its job. Burrow had time and a place to step up and they did enough for run blocking to get 150 yards at over 4 a pop.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:52 PM)Whacked Wrote: Yes. But Gotta love the 4th and an inch call to win the game.

Pretty sure that was an audible by burrow. Would love to see a cam on ZT as that went down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I would like to see more of Perine going forward..
Mixon played well but to me he is simply not clutch when really relied upon..
Just my opinion is all
Reply/Quote
We still burn a ton of TOs needlessly.

Gutsy call on 4th and 1.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:53 PM)Joelist Wrote: That was a legit fumble not a gift.

The DL put on a show today, the vikes had to hold like crazy or there would have been at least 4 more sacks. Meanwhile our much maligned OL outside of Hopkins looking super rusty did its job. Burrow had time and a place to step up and they did enough for run blocking to get 150 yards at over 4 a pop.

Straight up gift wrapped from NY

Ass hit the ground, ball came out.

Even the announcers agreed

I’m happy but it was a gift
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:36 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Refs still on our side this game.

Not really sure about them "being on our side". Keep in mind that a lot of the Vikings penalties were on the offensive line, and it was not without cause. It was because they couldn't block the Bengals defensive line, leading to all those holds, false starts, and illegal procedure calls. If they don't hold, Cousins probably gets sacked 7-8 times. As it was, they got him 4 times. With some better in-game coaching by Taylor, the Bengals win this one by 2 TDs. The two biggest on-field question marks this off-season were the defensive front (pass rush and run stopping) and the play of the o-line. Those were the two biggest bright spots today. If they stop the run like they did today (they won't face many--if any--RBs like the Vikings RB), they'll be in every game. 
GO STRIPES!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:51 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Watch the browns. Watch the packers. Saints. Panthers

So what do they do? Please tell me. Do they rush for 7 yards every time they run the ball? 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:51 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Thank god we won but my god Zac Taylor had some horrific play calling.

Agree … love the win. I like aggressive and ballsy coaching but that 4th down was too much. A little too “Madden” …also love running the ball, but it got weird at times
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:53 PM)Spider Wrote: I would like to see more of Perine going forward..
Just my opinion is all

For realz?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:55 PM)michaelsean Wrote: For realz?

No doubt , wtf
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:53 PM)Spider Wrote: I would like to see more of Perine going forward..
Just my opinion is all

Say what now?
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:52 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Mostly all good things to say about today's game.

BJ Hill trade looking good.
Larry O. looking fantastic.
Joe still has it.
Chase says what drops ?
Joe still has it.

What else you got ?

Zac is running the show and that is very bad
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:52 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: He had a couple of good runs but it felt like we weren’t running great. Looking at the stats what happened on our drives. Oh yeah a bunch of sacks and a couple of big plays outside of that it was short runs and dinky passes. I’m not mad though we came out rusty and walked off with a win I think that’s pretty good.

Joe Mixon judt didnt break off any huge runs doesnt mean he didnt run well. I think fans confuse that.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote