Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 1 GameDay Thread - Vikings @ Bengals***
(09-12-2021, 05:52 PM)Whacked Wrote: Yes. But Gotta love the 4th and an inch call to win the game.

Will be interesting to find out if that was an audible by Joe.  Looked like it was.
Reply/Quote
Hoping the defense can be really good if Wayne’s ass can ever get off IR and replace Apple. We might actually be good. Want to see the defense go against a better offensive line though before I praise them too highly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:52 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Mostly all good things to say about today's game.

BJ Hill trade looking good.
Larry O. looking fantastic.
Joe still has it.
Chase says what drops ?
Joe still has it.

What else you got ?

ZT still has it (that is not a positive). 
McPherson has it when it counts.

But a win is a win. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:55 PM)TheFan Wrote: So what do they do? Please tell me. Do they rush for 7 yards every time they run the ball? 

Most of the time the run game is legit picking up 4 or 5 yards per carry even without chunk runs

Something this team can only dream of executing
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:54 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Straight up gift wrapped from NY

Ass hit the ground, ball came out.

Even the announcers agreed

I’m happy but it was a gift

Yes, we can all see how very happy you are about this win.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:52 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Mostly all good things to say about today's game.

Joe still has it.
Chase says what drops ?
Joe still has it.

What else you got ?

and Evan made a clutch kick to win the game

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:54 PM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: Not really sure about them "being on our side". Keep in mind that a lot of the Vikings penalties were on the offensive line, and it was not without cause. It was because they couldn't block the Bengals defensive line, leading to all those holds, false starts, and illegal procedure calls. If they don't hold, Cousins probably gets sacked 7-8 times. As it was, they got him 4 times. With some better in-game coaching by Taylor, the Bengals win this one by 2 TDs. The two biggest on-field question marks this off-season were the defensive front (pass rush and run stopping) and the play of the o-line. Those were the two biggest bright spots today. If they stop the run like they did today (they won't face many--if any--RBs like the Vikings RB), they'll be in every game. 
GO STRIPES!!!
I agree the dline was wrecking their o line. Just that I don't ever recall a game where we had such a huge advantage penalty wise. It was so one-sided. 
Reply/Quote
Pratt finally made a play when we needed it
Oghenjobi played like a beast today.
Chase shut up alot of Sewell fanclub today
Hopkins got his face crossed too much
Today
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:56 PM)Synric Wrote: Joe Mixon judt didnt break off any huge runs doesnt mean he didnt run well. I think fans confuse that.

I think he ran the best he could behind what the line gave him, but the push was mediocre at best.
Reply/Quote
Zach admits bad play calling on that 4th and 1 that turned the game

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:58 PM)pally Wrote: Zach admits bad play calling on that 4th and 1 that turned the game

How big of him...
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:57 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Yes, we can all see how very happy you are about this win.

I can’t be a little critical?

Defense was great. Chase was great. Mcpherson was great

Offense was sub par against a bad defense.

Oline still isn’t good

1-0

Some good some bad
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:51 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Any Minnesota fans. We get it. We saw it all. All the breaks the Bengals got. We know more than most all that shit. I always feel a little better if people at least acknowledge it.

C'mon. 
Really? 
The Vikings got a lot of breaks too. The Bengals were getting ready to put this game on ice in the 3rd quarter, but gave Minny CPR instead. 
GO STRIPES!!!
Reply/Quote
Both lines were way better than last season. Yes Hopkins had a problem up front but he was also crazy rusty (only three preseason snaps). Aside from the two mess-ups by Hopkins the only other times they got in were two plays where the blocking back missed the assignment - again rust from the first team not playing hardly at all. Burrow mostly had a clean pocket and Mixon had places to run.

Now get Apple out of there and things should improve - by himself he cost the team over a hundred pass yards and a TD.
Reply/Quote

Joe still has it.
Chase says what drops ?
Joe still has it.

What else you got ?

No injuries.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:52 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: He had a couple of good runs but it felt like we weren’t running great. Looking at the stats what happened on our drives. Oh yeah a bunch of sacks and a couple of big plays outside of that it was short runs and dinky passes.

That is most teams running games though.  Several short runs 3 yards here, 3 yards there and if the run game gets going some big ones.  I would not say 4.4 yards a carry out of 29 attempts by Mixon is an example of not being able to run the ball.  Also Perine averaged 4.4 yards carry.   But that's just my opinion.  We'll see how it goes in the following weeks before we can declare the Bengals not being able to run the ball.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:57 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Most of the time the run game is legit picking up 4 or 5 yards per carry even without chunk runs

Something this team can only dream of executing

Obviously some teams are better running than others. But what you're saying just isn't true. If they consistently got 4-5 yards plus chunk plays on top of that then they wouldn't only average 4.5 - 5 yards per carry. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:00 PM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: C'mon. 
Really? 
The Vikings got a lot of breaks too. The Bengals were getting ready to put this game on ice in the 3rd quarter, but gave Minny CPR instead. 
GO STRIPES!!!

Just trying to be nice.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:01 PM)TheFan Wrote: Obviously some teams are better running than others. But what you're saying just isn't true. If they consistently got 4-5 yards plus chunk plays on top of that then they wouldn't only average 4.5 - 5 yards per carry. 

Well obviously sometimes those elite running teams lose yards or gain only 2 on plays.

But without big chunk plays, they’re still averaging around 4 yards a pop

Bengals without chunk runs is more at 2.5
Reply/Quote
Opening day win dance! This used to be the kind of game the Bengals lost.
Reply/Quote