Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 1 GameDay Thread - Vikings @ Bengals***
Great game to start the season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Rfaulk on the Beach relaxing when everyone stressing. Can't wait until next weekend I'll be watching the game on the Outer Banks NC.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I never doubted them!!
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 10:02 AM)Whacked Wrote: Not sure why but it seemed like an extra bit of eternity for the season to begin this time around.

Bengals 27-24 in a nail biter.

WHO DEY!

Ha! From 7 hours ago
Reply/Quote
Even after a win, the worst Bengal seems even worse: Zac Taylor.
Reply/Quote
Loved how they put McPherson on the shoulders..
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I never doubted it for a second.

Not even a teeny tiny little bit? 
Yean, me neither. I just said they were gonna blow it because my predictions never happen..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Wow...Zimmer is a *****! WHO DEY!!!

...interesting...but too much "luck" involved. Should've put it away an hour earlier. They HAVE to be better than that. Stressful 16 weeks ahead, mi amigos.

Buenos nochas.
Reply/Quote
Odd I thought the defense played pretty good outside of Apples meltdown but they still allowed 300+ yards passing. We got a couple of awesome offensive drives after a quarter and a half of shit then disappeared. Is Joe actually hurt? Hope not. I expected to lose so winning it a nice bonus even if it was a terribly called game. I remember saying if we won 7-9 game’s and was competitive to keep Zac on that last year but if this terrible play calling continues on a year like that **** him and fire him
Reply/Quote
Some stats from the game:

Burrow 20/27 261 yards two TDs
Mixon 29 rushes 127 yards 1 TD (even though Frank says the Bengals could not run the ball)
Chase 101 yards 1 TD

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:45 PM)G man Wrote: Good moments on O and D. Bad moments on both O and D.

Joe still has it,
chase can catch
McPherson will win us games
Taylor still can’t call plays
Apple is awful
D line looks much improved
O line seemed better

Hey, it’s never boring

You summarized it well.  Also ran the ball for 150 yards and the crowd helped cause those penalties.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:43 PM)Housh Wrote: Dude had an amazing camp and now starts his Cincy legacy with that GW in his first ever game wow

In OT as well.

Reply/Quote
Vikings win IF Bengals D doesn't strip the football. Vikings had field position, Time Outs, a good kicker to make winning 3...HUGE Defensive Strip of Ball.

I Love this WIN....GO BENGALS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
the city and fans just felt like they took a huge ass dump! what a relief to not only win a game like that, but to see Burrow back taking hits and Jamarr making catches

AND....Despite some of ZTs calls....
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:39 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Not really

I mean, really it is. Go actually watch football. You'll see 2 yards, 3 yards, 3 yard, and then like 10 for 4.5 average. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:45 PM)Joelist Wrote: And the players bail out their coach!

Big time
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Feels so weird to have faith and confidence in a Bengals kicker. But I like it
Reply/Quote
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">With that Evan McPherson field goal, one of the craziest stats in the NFL still stands: In franchise history, the Bengals have NEVER scored an offensive touchdown in overtime. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bengals</a> <a href="https://t.co/HNGT8MKkd5">pic.twitter.com/HNGT8MKkd5</a></p>&mdash; John Breech (@johnbreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/johnbreech/status/1437156040907411467?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 12, 2021</a></blockquote>

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:44 PM)bengaloo Wrote: We win lol!! Despite Zac Taylor making some of the dumbest decisions ever, we freaking won it. Kudo's to our players for bailing the coaches out on this one!

Welllllll......gotta give some credit to Cook, the ref on the field who called the fumble, and the replay ref who didn't see enough to overturn it.  That was a game that was gifted against all odds, but I'll take it, be happy for the players, and still think Taylor is a dumba$$
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:44 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Glad for the win but I will say the players overcame bad coaching at times. Great win for Burrow's welcome back party, Chase overcoming his drops and the new guy McPherson.

Overall like what I see from the D. We will not allow a 300 yard rusher this year thats for sure. Our D line is stout. I liked the aggressive mindset of Taylor in own territory but should have just been a QB sneak. His playcalling in the 4th was atrocious. Way too conservative and way too obvious. The players saved his ass in this game.
Reply/Quote