Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
***Week 10 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers***
(11-15-2020, 09:38 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Do you not understand the difference between a loss, and an ass kicking?

I could be wrong, but I doubt people would be as upset if we lost, like 28-17.

I think it’s the fact that people thought this wouldn’t be an ass kicking. Steelers were 8-0 with a dominant defense for a reason.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 09:38 PM)Joelist Wrote: Really no one is playing that well. I think we know that. Bates and Logan Wilson are the only players on defense who look decent. On offense no one looked even passable. I have higher standards - to accept the slop we usually get as Bengals fans just ensures more slop. 

And I am not evaluating as if he played multiple seasons. Even rookies should have awareness and accuracy ESPECIALLY if that was their draft calling card. In both the Rats and Stealers games his accuracy has been way off and he has missed defenders on multiple occasions. I am taking the poor blocking and lack of open targets into account.
You're asking for perfection. No QB in NFL history has ever played a full season throwing 100% completions, multiple TDs and 0 INTs rookie or not.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
So the hairball Michigan offense didn't work out.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 09:36 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: True. However, my point is the coaching is not near Pits level. At least come up with a game plan to keep us in the game. I don’t think Taylor will ever be able to out coach the Steelers or Ravens

Taylor is young but I agree he has to improve and so does Burrow against the elites in AFC . Next year to me is the big year for both to show that Taylor is good enough to be HC and Burrow is on the way to be that Franchise QB we expected.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 09:21 PM)Trademark Wrote: I'd love to see you say that to my face

Please ban this troll already.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 09:41 PM)Tony Wrote: This team has sucked so long and been total dog shit for so long they will never be able to be an actual good team..

2011-2015 wasn’t that long ago.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 09:40 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Oh yeah... well I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries.
Mods, how is this guy not banned?

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 09:37 PM)Trademark Wrote: Mods, how isn't this guy banned ?

Why are you even here? Bucs forum is elsewhere. 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 09:41 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You're asking for perfection. No QB in NFL history has ever played a full season throwing 100% completions, multiple TDs and 0 INTs rookie or not.

Did I say that? Nope. I said even a rookie ESPECIALLY when they are #1OA based specifically on accuracy and awareness and judgement needs to have those on display ESPECIALLY in big games - which all division games inherently are. 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 09:38 PM)Joelist Wrote: Really no one is playing that well. I think we know that. Bates and Logan Wilson are the only players on defense who look decent. On offense no one looked even passable. I have higher standards - to accept the slop we usually get as Bengals fans just ensures more slop. 

And I am not evaluating as if he played multiple seasons. Even rookies should have awareness and accuracy ESPECIALLY if that was their draft calling card. In both the Rats and Stealers games his accuracy has been way off and he has missed defenders on multiple occasions. I am taking the poor blocking and lack of open targets into account.

Jesus dude, he’s practically carved up every other defense not considered the top 2 effin defenses.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
This is the game Burrow realised he will never win here..
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow was not the reason the Bengals got spanked hard today. The entire Bengals roster was absolutely horrible and the coaches were beyond incompetent. Joe is a rookie with bad coaches on a bad team.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 09:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Please ban this troll already.

To be fair, fans of other teams are allowed in this forum. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Burrow was drafted by the worst team in the NFL. Since that time, the TEAM has not improved and seems actually worse in some areas. No QB can change the other starters and coaches, nor has it ever happened. Stop blaming Burrow when the Bengals suck.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 09:43 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Mods, how is this guy not banned?

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/l2SqhwuFVj5xJlxzW" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/southparkgifs-l2SqhwuFVj5xJlxzW">via GIPHY</a></p>

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I know a lot of people on here expected us to lose. A lot of people were correct in thinking itd be a blowout.

Why most people are upset is we thoroughly got out coached. Yeah, maybe we should expect this to happen. But ask yourself, if you expect us to get outcoached, is a change of coach then warranted?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 09:44 PM)Joelist Wrote: Did I say that? Nope. I said even a rookie ESPECIALLY when they are #1OA based specifically on accuracy and awareness and judgement needs to have those on display ESPECIALLY in big games - which all division games inherently are. 
Yes, but you're already saying Burrow can't do it. Ever. As if no rookie has ever improved before

Reply/Quote
We just made too many mistakes in the first quarter. Set the tone for ourselves. Should have run the ball more imo.
Reply/Quote
It is funny though, I think a lot of us can agree we got that usual feeling when Erickson fumbled that ball right away. As soon as I saw that, I was like “Yep, gonna be a LONG day.”
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 09:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yes, but you're already saying Burrow can't do it. Ever. As if no rookie has ever improved before

Duh.  Brady, Manning, Mahomes, Elway, and Brees all went 16-0 with zero INTs  in their rookie years.  All were unanimous MVPs and all of them, even the ones still playing are already enshrined in Canton.  
Reply/Quote